Texas Woman's University Employee Reviews

Office of Admission
Office of Admission Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 14, 2019
The Office of Admission was a great job. They are able to work around your school schedule and the environment is very relaxed plus as TWU student I knew a lot about my college when someone had any questions about my school.
Pros
Works around school schedule
Cons
N/a
Fun place
Research Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Salary as a research assistant is not great, but the opportunity of learning and getting experience in the field is priceless. Great teachers willing to share their knowledge.
Great place
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX 76204December 11, 2018
Wonderful university. The campus was pretty awesome and just love the atmosphere. Everyone there really wants to be there and contribute to the students.
not a bad place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 9, 2018
teaching students was rewarding and co-workers were pleasant. pay was minimal, but understandable due to high turn-over rates of work-study employees. quick and easy communications between staff. straightforward time-sheet and pay records.
Work/study
Instructor of record and advisor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXDecember 1, 2018
Great educational institution. Many opportunities for graduate students to participate in campus organizations which provided much experience that benefits the student in their later work life,
Pros
Great faculty/staff
Cons
Underpaid for the teaching services provided as instructor of record
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 27, 2018
It was a great place to work. I had a lot of work to do, but also had time to get to know my coworkers. The job was interesting with a wide variety of tasks.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
None that I know of
Great for a Student
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TX 76204October 5, 2018
Awesome experience for a student in graduate school. I really enjoyed all of the opportunities I had to meet professionals in the community. I worked with some of the largest food manufacturing companies in the industry and made a lot of connections.
Pros
Networking and flexible hours
Cons
N/a
Academic Advisor
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 29, 2018
This was a great place to work. The culture is wonderful and they really care about their employees and students. The pay was way to low for me to continue working there.
My review for TWU
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 26, 2018
A typical day at work involved my answering the phones until I found out their phones volume was not enough for me even though they provided me with a very low-line piece of equipment that did not help me. I also greeted those who came in and referred them to the person they needed. There was always different kinds of paperwork to do for the staff members who were responsible for governmental and college paper forms.
Pros
Talking to the people
Cons
I graduated
Good benefits, excellent work atmosphere, average pay
SharePoint Administrator/Developer (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 23, 2018
TWU overall is a great place to work. The pay is pretty average, perhaps even mediocre. Because of that, everyone working here really WANTS to work here. We support the mission of the University: to provide a great, experience-based education primarily for women to empower our students to achieve success at the best value possible.

If our employees were in it just for the money, they wouldn't work here. That said, the benefits are good, the PTO is above average, and there are work-from-home opportunities and Bring your Dog to Work days. In addition, the University supports healthy living and has wellness programs available.
Great job for a College student
Intramural official (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 13, 2018
We mostly were just chaperones.

We also help upkeep the fields and courts.

Coworkers were fun and friendly, as well as respectful.

There are long days if there are special events, and some days you're outside in the heat or cold.

It's super fun working for your college and interacting in sports with your fellow students.
Impossible to survive unless you have an inheritance.
Graduate Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 8, 2018
I cannot recommend any academic institution as a career at this time. It is not the department's fault. The whole academic institution needs to be reorganized.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
Living under poverty line.
Don't expect people to work as a team
Manager (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 6, 2018
People are really sensitive about what is their "territory" at TWU. God forbid you shouldn't inform every single person on campus about what you're working on in case it makes them feel left out. Approval processes take 5 times as long as they should and projects take forever if they even get done at all because you have to tiptoe around and make sure everyone is okay with it. Frustrating.
Nice
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 28, 2018
Every day you have a smile on your face and bring great energy to the entire staff. The team appreciates everything they did for us and the University!
Middle of the Road
English Instructor (Graduate Teaching Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 19, 2018
Sometimes the department members are extremely supportive, and evaluators rarely micromanage. However, everyone is also extremely busy and overworked, so support has its limits.
Pros
Colleagues freely share ideas and projects
Cons
There is not as much support as one would hope
Excellent Employer
GTA (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJuly 6, 2018
Excellent employer with the ability to grow and learn. TWU is always willing to improve work conditions and promote a sense of community and work. It is important.
Preparing labs
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 20, 2018
Preparing freshman chemicals, and lab materials along with having fun educated interaction with peers. Mixing together different concentrations of chemicals to get your desired reaction is the best part.
Pros
lots of free time, flexible hours
Wonderful atmosphere - like a family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 12, 2018
TWU has a long history and they have a lot of job security. Coworkers feel more like family. A great place to work and I would wholly recommend it. If you can get hired since there is a lot of competition. Great state benefits and higher education benefits.
Pros
Excellent benefits and people
Cons
A lot of old school and new tech merge, not seamlessly
Interesting experience, would not do again
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 4, 2018
I got this job the moment i arrived to college from an endorsement from a family member to the lead hiring agent of the union through out my time there it was a fine enough experience but the lack of information that was given to us and the hard limits on hours at the university made it hard to have a decent living.
Financial Aid Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXMay 27, 2018
texas woman's university was one of the best job i had, the management was great and friendly. They were very relaxed and a team environment. In the department i worked in, the pay was on the lower end compared to what other schools around were getting paid for the same work we were providing. It wasn't fare other departments were getting paid more but we were pushing out more work. sometimes it was hard to move up in the department unless someone retired or left the department. Besides that, the benefits and the atmosphere was great.
Pros
department, overtime, coworkers
Cons
advancement, salary