Texell Credit Union Employee Reviews

Teller (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXApril 9, 2018
Very positive place to work! Love it! The organization is all about
treating it's members well, it's employees well and the community well. They don't tolerate gossip
Pros
Positive environment, incentives, great people to work with.
Cons
need full time
Horrible management
Financial Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TX 76501February 23, 2018
I worked for texell and I hated it. The management there was horrible. They did not care what you thought and were not very helpful when you asked about something that you needed help with. They role their eyes at you when you talk and just have a negative attitude all around. The environment is stressful the compensation isn't what they promised you in the interview process, you cannot hit your goals.

There was nothing pro to this job at all.
Awesome place for someone that wants to work hard.....
Sales (Current Employee) –  Temple, TexasOctober 25, 2017
I have never been bored and there is always new projects that I am allowed to work on. I like this place because the slackers don't stick around because they stick out like a sore thumb. It is nice to know that I am not expected to work with others that don't want to do their fair share of the work. Recognition is there when you earn it. This is the only place I have worked that I received a handwritten note from Senior Managment thanking me for my contributions.
Pros
Great benefits and recognition
Cons
could use more hours in the day from time to time to finish task
Not managed well.
Loans (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 12, 2017
They expect you to work long hours and they do not balance family with career. They expect the career to be your life and for you to put your family on the back burner.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
great earning potential and like a family
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belton, TXMay 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Texell, loved my coworkers and members. Earning potential with bonuses is great! A lot of incentives. Texell culture and comunity work was amazing
Pros
incentive pay was great!
Cons
turnover and some managers were unbearable and not trained for position
Productive and active environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 23, 2017
The environment was fast-paced and consistently active. No one fell behind, however, because every single team member knew exactly what their responsibilities were and how to perform accordingly.
Pros
Active environment, independence
Popularity is a must if you want to get promoted
Employee (Former Employee) –  TxOctober 16, 2016
This company is all about favoritism and numbers. Always have meetings and they are more worried about your production then your actual qualities. Management does whatever they want regardless of what you have to say. Did I mention that they micromanage.
Pros
Great benefits and pay
Cons
Bad leadership with bad communication, not family orientec
Back Office Experience
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 5, 2016
Upper management is intimidated by anyone who's not willing to be their door mat. They portray themselves as a great employer but it was total chaos from training to the day I was let go. Which they didn't have any grounds for termination besides the fact the manager was scared that her employees took on to me more than her! Don't waste your time as an employee or customer.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Pay, environment, work ethic, favoritism and so on
backoffice review
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 15, 2016
lots of reporting and phone calls, pushed to do everything in 8 hours a day. Not much of a reward program. Every day is a race to see what can be done in 8 hours. Coworkers are great.
Very competitive atmosphere
Assitant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Killeen TexasMarch 6, 2015
At Texell, you will stay busy and there is always something to do. Whether if it assisting the members, returning phone calls, or making outbound calls. This company is hitting the threshold of expansion so it's definitely "go time". My co-workers were an amazing group of people, team builders. The hardest part of my job was having to 6 hats on any given day with the minimum amount of staffing allowed. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting the members. It's a wonderful feeling when you are able to watch credit repair for a member that came into the location with a low 400 credit score. Then to see them increase to A+ credit, buy a new car and a new home. Incredible....to think, they listened to my advise. I helped them reach their goals. Simply, amazing.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Staff is too lean, if one person was out.....it made the super tough.
Do Not Work Here
Member Service (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 4, 2015
This institution is the worse business I have ever worked for. Some of senior management has no respect for employees unless you are coined as one of their favorites. They overlook the hard work of most but praise a small few who do nothing.
Fun place to work with plenty of room for advancement.
Customer Service Represinitive (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Being a Teller was a great job for me. There was something new to learn everyday. While handling large amounts of currency daily there was very little room for mistakes. It was very important to always stay on task and remain focused. I worked with a great group of people who, like me, wanted to set goals to move up to the next position.
bad work ethics
back office (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 2, 2014
There is obvious favoritism, there is virtually no HR department, there is an extremely high turn over rate, all of the employees are overworked, there are no work ethics, very negative work environment, very stressful, A lot of pointless meetings. It is better to overlook this company and seek employment elsewhere.
Cons
too many to list
Bad culture
MSTR (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 2, 2014
Texell appears to be an incredible company from the outside but once you get in you quickly learn that executive management has no true concern for their staff. The COO's decisions are purely based off of emotion. The CEO is rarely heard from. Mid-management are basically "yes men" to the COO. Once you land on her target list, pack your box because your days will be short. My immediate supervisor was brilliant. It was nice working for him.
Cons
salary, Coo, work/life balance, culture
Phenominal Workplace
Part-Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 22, 2014
I would almost look forward to going to work because I not only loved my job, but I adored all of my co-workers. The hardest part was dealing with your average angry member, but other than the expected cons it was an awesome place to work.
Branch Manager Position
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Leander, TXOctober 2, 2014
A typical day at work was opening and closing a retail branch and managing the daily sales process. I was a manager of a staff of 8 and enjoyed my time with Texell Credit Union.
Good compant
Financial Service Specialist/Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 14, 2013
Texell is a member driven financial institution, that puts the interest of its members above all others.
Imaged documents
Imaging Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 4, 2012
Daily imaged credit union documents and provided backup for the IT staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Texell Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Texell Credit Union Reviews by Location