Textbook Brokers Employee Reviews

Highly Reccomend
Seasonal Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 27, 2019
Fun environment and great people. Perform multiple different tasks throughout the day. Managers are awesome and fun to work for. I learned how to run a cash register and organize books accordingly.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
No Cons
it was meh.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 19, 2019
Management is all over the pace. Manager treated employees like personal assistants often doing coffee runs. Hours were all over the place. Scolded you if the machine didn't work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Good place for college student to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Conway, AROctober 2, 2018
my manager was amazing and that's all that made a difference for me. My work was different every day and coming into work to see my coworkers was my favorite part of the job. it was also close to home and hours were very flexible.
If you're in your early to mid 20's you may be ok
Hampton Roads - Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 16, 2018
Limited instructions but constant badgering if a job is not performed to someone else's standard. Even success is met with skepticism or the accolades are not mentioned. Your own ideas will be offered to you as if you never spoke the words. Limited direction and no clear goals or evaluation to speak of. No chain of command to speak of and rarely any vision as to what will be happening the next day.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
long hours, no days off in August or January, will work most holidays
great place to work
Book Packer (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 17, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Textbook Brokers in Conway AR. It was a very relaxed but quick paced job and was great for a part time summer job for a early to mid 20s person.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
part time
Relaxed Environment
Assistant to the Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 10, 2018
Textbook brokers is a college kid's dream job. Flexible hours, decent pay, and discounted books for employees. During off seasons, they will even let you study while you're there.
Fun place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 29, 2018
Awesome place for a college student to work. The only thing is that textbooks are going out of style and so they are going out of business. But it is VERY relaxed in the off season, however it is VERY stressed during the on season. Management is not bad, well not at least from the 2 stores i worked at in Columbia, SC. I cannot speak for the rest of the locations.
General Manager with significant independence
General Manager - Retail (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 15, 2018
- Head office several states away
- Distance from head office offers a significant amount of autonomy
- Excellent on the job learning opportunities
- As a result, just comes with a lot of responsibilities
I would not work here again.
Employee (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 10, 2018
This company does not take care of its employees. People within the company show favoritism. I would not recommend taking a position with this company.
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNMay 9, 2018
Textbook Brokers was an excellent job for my last semester of my undergraduate degree.

The culture curated by the management is excellent. They proved to be very flexible with my school schedule and outside obligations.

If I were to do it again, I would have applied to work at Textbook Brokers much sooner than I did.
temporary but nice for part time work
Online Sales (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 24, 2018
You work a lot during the beginning and end of the semester. You will work so many hours and so much overtime and weekends. Then it slows down to where you work only a couple hours a day and then sometimes none and they lay off constantly and rehire at the beginning of the next semester.
Nice place to work
Cashier\Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 4, 2018
Part time job helping college student get their books for the start of school year. We taken orders over the phone an online, which we packed and send by UPS and Fedx.
Cons
Community-focused business. Friendly employees and always understanding.
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 28, 2018
Employees help customers with school books, organize books/codes, order/return books, knowledgeable of merchandise, and help customers.The staff there is really welcoming, understanding, and friendly. You are constantly challenged on your communication skills, but in a good way. It is so rewarding being able to help alumni, current students, future students, and those traveling through.
Great Temporary Employment
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 29, 2018
I honestly really enjoyed working here. The first manager I had was barely a manager at all and he was pretty sketchy. He was shortly replaced by the current manager and she is the best thing that has ever happened to this Textbook Brokers. She knows the company inside and out and truly cares about giving people the best deals- all the while making enough profit for the place to stay afloat. Most employees were super nice and had a positive or cheerful attitude so it made going in to work that much better. There wasn't really room to "advance the work ladder" and only really had temporary work available but I would work there again if I ever needed short term employment.
Pros
nice employees, employees and manager who care about their job, fair wages, amazing management, mutual respect
Cons
barely any hours, less than part time
Productive work environment
Logistics and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 1, 2018
Very obscure job with the potential to learn many unique and important skills. Most of the skills you learn here are easily transferable to other positions, but it takes someone who is self driven and WANTS to learn new skills to advance in this job. If you show little to no interest, you will probably be very bored and learn nothing valuable.
Balanced and fun
Cashier/Catalogger (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 12, 2017
A typical day at textbook brokers would be clocking in via the timecard on the computer and getting on an assigned register for the day. Customers are tended to as they walk in to exchange,buy, sell, or return books. The hardest part of the job was making sure the books were arranged in a particular fashion
Pros
balanced, some down time
Cons
not busy enough
Great job great team
Inventory/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmond, OKAugust 7, 2017
Great place to advance and get good experience in all aspects of learning how to grow a business for yourself one day. Always looked out for the best in all employees and their well being
Pros
Flex hours for managenent was nice with having kids
Lovely modern workplace with flexible hours
Cashier and Librarian (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 22, 2017
I participated in the company both during the slow summer hours and the busy school year for several years and my experience was both rewarding and educational.
Friendly Environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 22, 2017
I learned many skills while working here. The management is extremely friendly and always willing to work with you. We assisted customers by buying their books daily. Laid back/happy environment.
Fun and Productive Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2017
As a student living on campus, this was a perfect job. Surprisingly, there were lots of opportunities for growth and learning. Management was great and supportive.