Textbroker

Textbroker Employee Reviews

It's a very good starting point. Many of the reviews here second that impression of working for this company. I would definitely have loved to continue but it is not sustainable in terms of pay.
Pros
flexibility and experience
Cons
pay
This is a weird SEO-obsessed job where you have to fit words and phrases into the articles repeatedly and try to make it read well, and then they still might reject your work and not really explain why, and then you don't get paid. There's just absolutely nothing protecting you, and most of the work is ludicrously low pay even if you do get the pay. They shouldn't even be allowed to run.
Pros
Writing
Cons
Low or no pay
The pay is ridiculously low. You will also get bumped up to a higher earning level, then they will look for one reason to knock you right back down. Just when you are making decent money for your writing, they will find an error in your writing, send you an email about the error, and knock you write back down to ONE PENNY per word. The ability to make good money is critically low and then if you try to write more, because you are simply trying to make $100 a week, after you submit a job, you will go looking for more jobs and then there are ZEROES in every writing category. As soon as they realize you are trying to make decent money, which means doing lots of writing jobs, every day, then they will cut you off. It is kinda awful, really. You cannot count on it, and you cannot trust them.
Pros
flexibile freelance
Cons
money, no opportunities for advance whatsoever
Okay place to start but not to stay there. Would not recommend for trying to make a living but maybe for some extra income. You will likely not write full time for them.
I absolutely enjoy writing for Textbroker. I just wished they paid writers much more for all of our hard work. Other than that, I love what I do. They have thousands of articles available to choose from, if you are a level 4 or 5 writer. You can write as many articles as you want.
Pros
You can write as many articles as you want
Cons
Don't pay enough
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
It's convenient work due to how you can chose your hours but, honestly, unless you manage to get being a 5 star writer, the pay isn't great. You'll also lose a start if you make a mistake(such as not following AP style completely). It could be different now since it's been a few years but that's how it was during the brief time I wrote for them.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
low pay, low stability
I enjoy working for Textbroker. I enjoy the flexibility of my schedule. I wish, however, I enjoyed the topics a bit more. Overall, I would recommend this company to other freelance writers.
For any success on this platform, you need to spend a significant amount of time writing and following the directions of editors. I am working towards making a part-time income with this site.
Pros
Fully Remote
Cons
Pay
impossible to rank up and stay there. you get rated and ranked down a lot leading to little work or none. work is scarce a majority of the time. pay is awful 1k words for only 20 bucks or less. clients lie all the time and say you didn't do what they want and they always side with them over you no matter if you have proof.
I write on Textbroker whenever I need extra money. It's not a full time job, but I greatly enjoy the work and learning opportunities that accompany writing.
Textbroker is a content mill. It is a good one compared to others out there. There are assignments posted throughout the day every day. The pay is low but that is true of all content mills.
The selection for writing articles are vague, odd, and esoteric. This isn't a job where you can expect to earn good income, unless you a willing to churn out a lot of articles for a few bucks per article.
Textbroker is one of the lowest paying freelance writing companies online. They start by paying around .01 cents per word. A little over a year later, and I make almost .02 cents per word. They take commission from bonuses as well. The flexibility of the job is great, however, the pay is terrible.
I love this job, which is fully remote and offers some opportunity for advancement. The compensation can be really low at the 2-star and 3-star levels,,but increases significantly as you progress into the 4-star and 5-star levels. There are increasingly more opportunities to join higher-paying teams, to work on open orders that pay more and to accept proofreading and editorial tasks. There are also occasional bonuses available. This company is the only so-called content mill that I know of that actually has an employee appreciation and incentive program. You can also receive a weekly paycheck and your salary pretty much depends on how much you work and how fast you can complete assignments correctly without needing revisions.
The author & client services manager allows employees to be patronized and disrespected by other employees she favors. Her and the HR lady are best friends so there is no one to report issues to. Half the office staff has admitted to drug addictions. I was hired 2 months ago and they still dont know what my day to day duties should include. No wonder investors are pulling out! This company will remain at a stalemate if they dont get a new manager quickly
Textbroker offers the appeal of working at your own convenience and by writing as many assignments as you desire. My rejection rate was 0% with hundreds of articles.
I've been writing articles for this company starting of my writing career and didn't realize till speaking with other real writers that we are severely underpaid for the work we do. Some of the work descriptions even seem as if the person asking for the work to be done is being rude for no reason. I feel as if I work very hard for basically no reason because the pay is terrible. They need to actually pay the writers way more for the time and effort you have to put in to actually make something.
Pros
You can work from anywhere
Cons
I learned more about digital content writing working with Textbroker. For that I am truly grateful. With that being said I did not care for management
If you join some really good teams and stay a 4-5 star writer for the company, you can make a really good chunk of change. Otherwise you may struggle to find the work you need to become a successful writer.
Easy, if you can write. Online...write anywhere anytime. It's great. I can write from any place any time. Decent money. The better you are at writing the more money you make. 37 different subjects to choose from. One day I'm writing about dogs, the next day I'm writing about merrymaids or a tree service. It's awesome
Great Place to Practice Writing - but you won't make money! Don't write it off as a lost cause, but this company doesn't pay well, barely anything to be honest! But try it for yourself!
  1. Employee Reviews