Textbroker Employee Reviews

Good Job for a Self-Motivated Writer
Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Content WriterMarch 10, 2019
This is a good job for a self-motivated writer. It takes time to learn the ropes and develop client relationships that will bring in a higher rate per article. Top requirements for success include strong abilities in SEO, AP style, grammar and research.
Very little pay
Author• Writer (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 27, 2019
Textbroker is a good place for a new writer to start out. The pay is minimal so once you get some experience apply to some of the other online platforms that offer higher compensation.
Pros
good for new writers
Cons
very little compensation, strict editors
Content Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 20, 2019
You work independently and remotely. You set your own hours. You pick your own jobs to do. What you make is dependent on what you accept in the writer pool.
high attrition rate, garbage company
Managed Client Editor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2018
I was there 13 months and saw somewhere between 75-80% of the folks who were there when I was hired leave, and not just the rank and file; I'm talking about upper management and veterans as well.
Cool and fun the best thing ever
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  New yorkOctober 19, 2018
Its a great place to work in and get payed i really like to work from home its litterlly tye best thing that happened in my life to have a better situatiom
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Health care
Great platform to work on
Content Writer (Current Employee) –  OnlineOctober 11, 2018
All at home work. Can work on your own time and all income gets transferred to your PayPal account. Provides training and has a portal you can go to if you have any questions or would like to reference your work.
Pros
1099/Work for yourself
A Good Content Mill for Entry Level Writers
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 25, 2018
Textbroker is the ideal place to start when it comes to getting paid for blurbs, blog posts, and more. The wages are incredibly low depending on what ranking you start at, but the experience is good. It's a remote position, and management is solid. Once you feel confident enough in your skills to keep moving forward, you will soon realize that you have outgrown the website, and are ready to get into more serious work that will pay you better.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
Inconsistent with work during certain months
Flexible and interesting researching projects
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 6, 2018
It is a rewarding experience when someone has an idea and they want my help develop the document. It is often a process. But I learn as I go and sometimes even negative feedbak helps me to learn.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Can't always agree with the client and need to release the project for another writer
Textbroker
SEO Copywriter (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2018
Great way to write a little each day and pick your own topics. Supplements a part-time income very well. Regular work most of the time, but sometimes there is no work available.
Pros
Topics
Cons
Editors
Textbroker International has its advantages and disadvantages.
Freelance Writer (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 18, 2018
Since I've only worked remotely for Textbroker, there's very little I can comment on as far as their internal operations are concerned. For instance, I know nothing about their company benefits or workplace structure. However, I can say that their business formula for remote workers has been convenient for me thus far as it allows me to write when I want as often as I want.

However, the pay leaves a lot to be desired as it goes according to the writer's "star" level (ranging from 2 - 5 stars). As a 4 - 5-Star writer, it's possible to make a reasonable supplemental salary, as the writer would have to have other income to actually survive financially. The pay for the 2 - 3 Star level is minimal at best so a writer could never make a living on this salary.
Pros
Provides an excellent opportunity for new inexperienced writers, gives writers the chance to learn how to work with different types of clients, writers learn to submit content according to client specifications, writers become accustomed to meeting deadlines, all this is learned at your own pace within the comfort of your own home.
Cons
The pay scale may be keeping many talented writers from working for Textbroker.
Great company to work for especially for those getting their feet wet in freelance writing.
Ghost Writer (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed working for textbroker. I was working as an independent contractor for them which offered me plenty of flexibility and time freedom. They pay is low, but it's a great place to begin as a freelance/ghost writer.
Pros
Plenty of flexibility
Cons
Low pay
Remote work
Author (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 1, 2018
Allows for a work at home schedule utilizing the ability for authors around the world to work at their own desired pace. Authors are able to pick and choose which articles, blogs, etc., they would like to write allowing this to be virtually stress-free.
Nice friendly workplace
Writer (Former Employee) –  Owingsville, KYMay 28, 2018
Easy platform to follow and understand. Jobs were simple and the instructions were mostly easy to understand. Had jobs writing. The staff was helpful with problems. Had jobs for awhile then the jobs decreses . So had look for more work. Once stayed off a period of time they blocked my access to site.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
better pay
Okay for supplemental income
Writer (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeMay 17, 2018
You get to choose your assignments and work as much or as little as you want. However, the pay rate is very low per article, so you have to do a lot to make it worth it.
Pros
Great for supplemental income.
Cons
Low pay, no benefits.
Productive and Learn new skills
Writer/Editor//Researcher Work at Home - Remote (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2018
I have enjoyed writing a few articles for Textbroker. I enjoyed being able to choose the subject of my articles. It was a good feeling to sell my article to a buyer. I enjoyed the research as well.
Pros
Choose articles, Work at Home
Cons
Low start pay
my best game
Excellent time management (Current Employee) –  usa and canadaMay 4, 2018
pingpong is a game of full flexibility of body and mind. it-It allow only two person game and be played on table. with the high incentive of being a winner. The most easiest way to be a pongist is to join a club. joining several tournament ,it increases your willpower.it is then gives you the essence to compete for the great tournament internationally. i do recommend anyone to join this utmost game tor your physical body health and brain anatomy.
It's good for some extra cash.
Writer & Editor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYMay 4, 2018
Not good for a stable income. The topics are very esoteric sometimes and it ends up being a case of researching a website on the subject and paraphrasing it unless you're familiar with the subject. Some of the clients are difficult to deal with. If you can pass the proofreading test, however, that's easy money. I made $300 once in less than 2 hours, but these opportunities don't come by often.
Outstanding for new and veteran freelancers
Freelance Writer/Editor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2018
The principle behind Textbroker is simple: Write and get paid. Write more, and get paid more. Write better, and get paid better. Your pay is limited only by the number of articles you have access to, and the pools are typically restocked often as the company has a good reputation among buyers.
Easy way to make extra money
Freelance Author (Current Employee) –  Home BasedMarch 23, 2018
I would recommend to anyone who enjoys writing and needs to get some extra money on the side. This job can also be done anywhere, which is nice to make some extra money on the go.
Okay for beginners to learn online writing
Content Writer (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 25, 2018
Learned quite a lot about:

Hyperlinks and other formatting
Templates
Scheduling
Editorial suggestions
Revisions
Relating to client style

This is one of the best platforms for gaining online writing expertise.
Pros
Always lots of work
Cons
Payscale