Textbroker
64Average

Textbroker Employee Reviews for Freelance Writer

Freelance Writer27 reviews
Textbroker is a content mill. It is a good one compared to others out there. There are assignments posted throughout the day every day. The pay is low but that is true of all content mills.
I write on Textbroker whenever I need extra money. It's not a full time job, but I greatly enjoy the work and learning opportunities that accompany writing.
Textbroker is one of the lowest paying freelance writing companies online. They start by paying around .01 cents per word. A little over a year later, and I make almost .02 cents per word. They take commission from bonuses as well. The flexibility of the job is great, however, the pay is terrible.
Textbroker offers the appeal of working at your own convenience and by writing as many assignments as you desire. My rejection rate was 0% with hundreds of articles.
I learned more about digital content writing working with Textbroker. For that I am truly grateful. With that being said I did not care for management
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Easy, if you can write. Online...write anywhere anytime. It's great. I can write from any place any time. Decent money. The better you are at writing the more money you make. 37 different subjects to choose from. One day I'm writing about dogs, the next day I'm writing about merrymaids or a tree service. It's awesome
With the poverty wages they pay, making a living at Texbroker is an impossibility unless you happen to be independently wealthy, in which case why would you even be working there? Their entire business model involves grossly underpaying the contractors who write for them for third-rate ad copy that they then turn around and offer to clients at an insanely marked-up premium. The word count requirements ensure that the work you do will be full of filler with article keywords shoved in rather than quality, readable text. So if your career aspirations involve being paid pennies per word to write rubbish with no possibility of advancement, Textbroker is the stepping stone you're looking for!
The pay is abysmal, the work is boring and the amount of research required to write a text is ridiculous. I have a 4 star rating. I’ve decided to not continue writing for Textbroker as I think it abuses the desperation of young writers. Any bar job is paid better than this!
I often have to deal with false accusations and shady behavior from this company. I've written for them for 8 years and have always been honest. I started off as a 3 star writer and eventually became a 4 star writer. I have never had any rejections, but i have had revision requests. The ones that were reasonable, I took a risk and did them.

However, there is a major issue that shows shadiness on their part. As time went on, I started getting strange revision requests for using phrases and words that appear in every single article ever written. But I'm accused of copying these phrases even though the article that is linked to as copied/coinciding often has nothing to do with the article topic I was writing on.

Also, the forum is full of authors that have experiences of getting cheated by the clients that Textbroker accepts (I even have screenshots). in fact, there are stories where clients ask for an article. Take the article and use it on their sites, then request a revision on the article. In some cases, the author has revised the article only to have it sent back with the notification that it is a copied article. From what I heard, Textbroker sides with the clients that even do that kind of shady behavior.

Also, from what I hear, the rating system is rather arbitrary in that your star level depends partly on whether the editor that reviews your article happens to like the article (which may or may not be the case).

One of the really sketchy aspects of this company is that every once in a while, they want you to send in a picture of you holding your ID even though
 - more...
A good place to get your feet wet when it comes to freelance writing. Pay leaves something to be desired. Working as a 4-star writer is really the only way to make any money there.
I worked remotely for this company and one of the most enjoyable parts of the job was choosing what stories to write. It offered a wide variety of selection and choices.
Textbroker is the ideal place to start when it comes to getting paid for blurbs, blog posts, and more. The wages are incredibly low depending on what ranking you start at, but the experience is good. It's a remote position, and management is solid. Once you feel confident enough in your skills to keep moving forward, you will soon realize that you have outgrown the website, and are ready to get into more serious work that will pay you better.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
Inconsistent with work during certain months
It is a rewarding experience when someone has an idea and they want my help develop the document. It is often a process. But I learn as I go and sometimes even negative feedbak helps me to learn.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Can't always agree with the client and need to release the project for another writer
Regular orders available. Not as high paying as other content brokers but tend to have more work available. Orders are reviewed and accepted quickly and payouts are simple to request and quick to receive.
Since I've only worked remotely for Textbroker, there's very little I can comment on as far as their internal operations are concerned. For instance, I know nothing about their company benefits or workplace structure. However, I can say that their business formula for remote workers has been convenient for me thus far as it allows me to write when I want as often as I want.

However, the pay leaves a lot to be desired as it goes according to the writer's "star" level (ranging from 2 - 5 stars). As a 4 - 5-Star writer, it's possible to make a reasonable supplemental salary, as the writer would have to have other income to actually survive financially. The pay for the 2 - 3 Star level is minimal at best so a writer could never make a living on this salary.
Pros
Provides an excellent opportunity for new inexperienced writers, gives writers the chance to learn how to work with different types of clients, writers learn to submit content according to client specifications, writers become accustomed to meeting deadlines, all this is learned at your own pace within the comfort of your own home.
Cons
The pay scale may be keeping many talented writers from working for Textbroker.
I picked up Textbroker to make some money on the side. Over the course of a year, I noticed that more and more orders became incoherent and wanted you to stuff as many keywords into an article as possible, grammatically correct or not. This caused a giant influx in the system of orders, and many of them became unworkable.
Pros
Write your own hours
Cons
Working a lot for very little
Worked at home so this job offers good flexibility. I was able to create my own hours and work as much or as little as I wanted. Tough to maintain my writing level.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay
A good place to begin writing. There is nothing to compare it to as it is a work at home position simply writing blogs and articles on subjects of my choice.
Writers in need of extra income should look to Textbroker. Once writers establish a number of content items they will be asked to be part of invited groups, and that's when they can collect the largest cash values on titles.
This freelance writing position taught me how to do research on my own. It also helped me to develop my writing and listening skills.
Pros
Self discipline
Cons
This work-from-home freelance writing company is a legitimate way to make money online. When you first join, you are required to submit a sample piece. The Textbroker editors then apply a rating to your writing quality. Your pay is partially based on the quality of your writing. For instance, a four-star writer will typically make about two cents per word.

From there, you can accept client assignments. Each client has 72 hours to either accept, reject, or request revisions to your article. Submissions are automatically accepted after this point, and funds are automatically received after 96 hours. However; receiving the funds is instant when the client approves an assignment.

Paydays are every Friday, and they work by requesting pay-offs from your account. The funds must exceed $10 to make your request. Funds are then direct deposited into your Pay-Pal account. You can request a payoff as late as 11:59 pm on Thursday to get your funds on Friday.

The most significant problem is that, unless you put a lot of time into your writing, you are not likely to make much money. However; if you treat it as a full-time job (40 hours per week), I do not think it would be too difficult to make $200 per month. *This will probably NOT be a primary source of income, supplementary ONLY.

Furthermore, understand that, when you submit these assignments, you are signing away your copyright to these articles.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Textbroker. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Textbroker.
Career recommendations for Freelance Writer
Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more