Textron Aviation Employee Reviews

great place
Hard worker (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXAugust 23, 2018
ok it was a ok place to work i learned lots of things working there learned how to cut the tubes and measure them accurately i was able to learn new stuff that i wasnt already trained on
Intern Experience
Cessna Aircraft Intern (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time interning with Textron. They have a very large internship program every summer with opportunities for every different aspect of their company to have a student experience their future career firs hand.
Textron Lost its way
Employee (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 10, 2018
Textron Aviation has becomes strictly bottom line driven and has lost focus on the customers. Textron management has gone from supporting customers and delivering a quality product to getting the most revenue they can. Sad world.
Great Place to work
A&P Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA, Newburg, NY, San Antonio, TX,July 29, 2018
This is a great place to work, if you are willing to work long hours. Plenty of overtime offered. Experience is first class. Need to learn how to have think skin, because you will be thrown under the bus by your co-workers and leadership every time you make a mistake. You also need to learn how to ignore the politics. Shift wars can get pretty intense with each shift blaming the other, for why the airplane is not out of maintenance as scheduled.
Pros
Plenty of overtime offered
Cons
Low Pay, 401K plan only, no pension offered for employees hired after 2014
Rewarding work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJuly 27, 2018
Working at ABLE has been an extremely rewarding experience. Not only do you have the opportunity to learn a great deal about the residents - their spirit, their capabilities, and everything they bring to life - but they help teach you about yourself too.
Productive fun place to work
Technical Volume Manager/Writer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 24, 2018
I was just a consultant here working in a warroom with other consultants and not part of the general workforce. The people seemed very nice and professional.
Sr. Quality Control Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 10, 2018
Constantly improving and enabling promotion. Supporting all employees with growth. Team building; open to change and allowing associates to offer improvements.
Pay
A&P Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJuly 10, 2018
The pay isn't competitive as compared to other companies. Just keep low and your job right and you'll be fine. Some of the leads do not have people skills but that's not horrible. Great company to gain experience and learn A LOT! there's always work to be done and you'll alway learn something new.
Pros
Gaining job experience and benefits.
Cons
Pay is too low.
good
Licensed Practical Nurse, Lake Haven (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 8, 2018
Lved this nursing home.Great place to work. Always cares about employees and go above and beynd to meet needs or patients and employees. Would recommend this job.
Best job I've had
Aircraft Support Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 7, 2018
I have no complaints about Textron Aviation or Textron as a whole. There are tons of opportunies to move around if you don't like your current position. You can even move to a different Textron company. The pay is really good and most people have been working their for years.
Pros
Friendly coworkers. Lots of opportunities.
Tedious Days
Sales Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 29, 2018
Textron Aviation hires many interns every summer, but unfortunately they have stretched their resources for them too thin. Myself, and all the interns I have spoken to about it agree that there is simply not enough work to go around. Overall, I would recommend looking for a company to intern with that has a smaller program where you can be kept busier.
Pros
Large Intern Group, Intern Only Career Fair Opportunity
Cons
Little Work Accomplished, Not Much Attention Given
Very organized company with good benefits
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 26, 2018
I was responsible for checking in or checking our materials for shipping/receiving. Had to re-create a better system for storage of materials to expedite and improve the process.
Pros
When running well it was very organized
Cons
Some employees didn't want to adhere to changes
Wonderful work environment to grow hard and soft skills.
PROCESS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 18, 2018
Textron Aviation is a great place to say you work. It provides a wonderful balance of work and skill growth. I highly recommend the company. The most enjoyable part is the fact that every day brings a new challenge.
Awesome work enviroment
Mobile Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 13, 2018
While I'm out on the road working AOG aircraft M-F, I'm basically my own boss. I get to see the country side and stay at some pretty cool places. The only set back that I have is that I don't get to spend as much time with my family as I would like to.
good place to work with great team members
Aftermarket Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 7, 2018
Textron Aviation is a good place to work. I am in sales so I have a flexible work/day schedule. I have had the opportunity to travel and see the country. I have met some amazing people through Textron Aviation.
Pros
great pay and challenging work
Cons
the feeling of no job security
A different approach to education
Teacher (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMay 28, 2018
The environment of the school is very relaxed, not a lot of rules and regulations. A great experience for any teacher who is retired, but wants to continue to teach.
Pay is good environment sucks
Warehouse dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 25, 2018
This high paced environment needs more structure from management. Poor accountability and turning a blind eye to incompetence has made this the most miserable job I have ever worked. Being passed over for advancements or lateral moves is really frustrating especially when I am the go to guy for everything.
Family owned
Hanceville Nursing and Rehab (Former Employee) –  Hanceville, ALMay 24, 2018
It was great in the sense that it was family owned so it wasn't like a chain nursing home. The DON and ADON made themselves available to talk about things if need be. The head of the Nursing Home would come around multiple times a week and would know every residents name. Lots of hard workers there. Most staff was always willing to give a helping hand.
Very Friendly Work Environment
Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 17, 2018
My co-workers were friendly and I felt like I was at home, while interning in Kansas. Management would take their interns out to lunch every Friday, and host after work events.
Excellent work place
Inventory Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 8, 2018
Excellent work environment. Typical work day was busy . Great manager employed and a diversity of employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping my customers.
Pros
gratification of helping my customers, healthcare benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Textron Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight