Textron Systems Employee Reviews

Was ok
Sr. Outfitter and welder (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 14, 2019
The job it’s self was easy and people were great to me just wasn’t enough money when u can go to Austal and make 2$ more doing same work both places offer same benefits
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Consider other Companies
Other (Former Employee) –  Off SiteOctober 11, 2019
Honestly they pay on the high side to keep people, but they lack core values. I would recommend considering all options and looking for other jobs. Dependent on the job your experience may vary, but I can not recommend anyone towards a company who teaches people to not do things right. Safety violations are almost daily, for sure weekly around me, and if it is mentioned it becomes a rough work environment at the best.
Pros
They will hire almost anyone.
Cons
Lack in Ethics, have attracted employees that lack integrity.
Don't expect respect
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 29, 2019
.if you are not part of the club, there is little to do. Good benefits but not worth the devalued pay. Good go start and fortune 500 but overall, save your time
Good Workplace
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDSeptember 27, 2019
I worked there as an intern for two separate summers. The internship program they have is solid, could do a better job pairing interns with managers that will utilize them effectively but work life balance was solid.
Good management system, good pay
Aluminum Welder (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 25, 2019
Some departments have Good management, others not so hot. Everyone I met was good people. Pay was decent 20 an hour for class B welders. Production is very slow so the most you'll do is push a broom 10 hours, four days a week. 30 minute unpaid lunches and one 15 minute break every day. Three day weekends every week. When contracts run out, be prepared for an unexpected layoff, happens often. Just got a ship for the Navy to pass quality inspection after it being there for three years, unable to pass the inspection. They had a year to complete said boat and it just passed inspection on (9/19/2019)
Pros
Pay, complete benefits, three day weekends
Cons
Slow production, layoffs often due to no contracts
Very good place to work
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 15, 2019
Very good place to work Everyone is very friendly and easy to get a long with. They offer great training along with a great benefits pack as well. They go above and beyond to get you ready for the field
Principal Flight Crew / FSR (Former Employee) –  Blackstone, VASeptember 7, 2019
Textron systems was by far my favorite work experience and if I didn't have family issues I would beg them to get my job back. The work is fun (depending on what area of work you do) and rewarding. The pay is fantastic if you are willing to deploy overseas, but its still pretty good for CONUS. The management are easy to get along with and very understanding to your needs and capabilities. You must be willing to work overseas at least half of the time for the great pay and the challenging work. Again, if I didn't have family issues I would beg to get that job back.
Pros
great pay, challenging work
Cons
Being away from home for long periods
Very diverse company with many opportunities.
Systems Engineer - Program & Production Support (Current Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDAugust 4, 2019
Overall there is good leadership, but not so much if clarification or additional information is required. Other than that, Textron Systems is a terrific company.
Bid a contract they physically cannot support.
Sr Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 4, 2019
All parts were always on back order. I had 6 different regional supervisors in less that 3 years. One of the deputy program managers were full of power authority and let you know it. Textron would re-write contracts and make life difficult for those of us stationed at certain sites.
Pros
Direct deposit
Cons
Pay was on the low end.
It is well managed and ran.
Site Lead Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Adelanto, CAJuly 18, 2019
I have been working for this great company since 2009. I have had no issues in the past 9 years. I rate them 5 out of 5 stars. I would recommend Textron to friends and family.
Great People to Work With (Staff Level)...Poor & Indecisive Mgmt
Sr Production Planner (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 18, 2019
Projects & Production was fun to Work On...Good People Working at Staff Level...Information Critical to Job Function was not always Forthcoming...Poor Mgmt Direction.
Place of Misery
TECHNICAL WRITER II (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJuly 9, 2019
Toxic managers

No work life balance

Managers that are MIA all the time

Male dominated the environment.

My boss would take long lunch breaks come in late and leave early. I disliked coming to a workplace where I felt like I was the only one working. If you want to be unhappy and have no life and have a boss that does not care, then go for it.
fast paced - could be stressful at times, but for the most part, I enjoyed working there.
Senior Design Tech (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 18, 2019
Good place to work, when there was business on the books. Good workers for the most part and it was usually a fun place to work. Needed some additional training.
Advancement and Great Benefits
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE VP, CONTRACTS (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 22, 2019
This organization had plenty of opportunities for advancement. The company participated in the employee education reimbursement program. They helped their employees in advancing in their skills to move up in the company. They had excellent benefits.
Pros
Advancement and Benefits
Cons
Most of the business is contract driven
Poor leadrship
Principal Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 7, 2019
Unqualified supervisors and management lack of experience and education. Bring people in from other umbrella companies that have no Government Property experience. Supervisors do not know how to delegate responsibilities, no fair representation for job advancement only concerned about advancing friends. Little to no product knowledge from upper management and program management. Too many satellite employees when job requirements demand a person physically to be on site. Upper management is disconnected from day to day operations and employees. Company has lost DCMA certification to handle Gov Prop numerous times due to loss and unaccounted for high dollar amount of inventory. Programs are antiquated and warehouse operations lack any current technology.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Excellent
Information Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMarch 28, 2019
good place to work. Never have any issues or complaint. Pay is good, health benefits are excellent.. No complaints about this place whatsoever. Not a one
Mediocrity
Employee (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMarch 22, 2019
Dysfunctional organization that is unwilling to test new ideas, when the existing leadership has been making bad decisions for years.
If you want to work in a place where there are no consequences for mistakes and no celebration of innovation, then is is a relatively stable workplace.
Flex hrs.
ASSEMBLER, REWORK SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMarch 4, 2019
Loved the Flex HRS. I was TEMP. there as were most of us.
They in my opinion ,the employees there were not certified in IPC. We as TEMPs, Had to be and they gave us training before we started our jobs. But once we started our jobs the training went out the door.
Pros
Flex hrs
Cons
Not so friendly
Very productive and company wide incentives
Senior Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Blackstone, VAFebruary 23, 2019
I enjoyed the skills and knowledge provided. I worked with some very educated and well versed in their field I enjoyed my time here! I highly recommend this company!
Pros
good pay
Cons
travel and deployment
Fsr
Flight crew (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDFebruary 6, 2019
The company seems to forget that they have people out in the field in multiple locations across the world. keep winning contracts but dont have the man power to complete the missions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Textron Systems. Our community is ready to answer.