Textron Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible Management in Place
Regional Sales Director, Northeast (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 18, 2018
Textron Specialized Vehicles will not grow or advance as an organization until the entire management group of "good ole boys" is completely cleared out.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Bad culture
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 28, 2018
Unrealistic goals. Poor management. Constant corporate restructuring. Health benefits are non existent. Ultra high deductible plans are the only option. Mandatory overtime to try and reach unattainable goals. Employees are not treated well. Pay is low for the amount of stress and responsibilities placed on you. Only thing that matters is meeting the bottom line.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Everything except coworkers
Great Team
Field Incident Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 23, 2018
Great work place and a place to grow and get paid according to what you delivered. The most important unit within the organization was the employees and family.
Typical Day
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 15, 2018
It would be unfair to Textron to review them because It has been six years since I was employed there and I am sure that things have changed. My contact with engineers who are still with Textron indicates that there have been many changes, including the entire upper management team.
Pros
Educational opportunities
Cons
No clear career path
Very diversified business units
Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 11, 2018
Textron has several highly diversified business units. Bell Helicopter, for example, is a large, military business and has a different culture from Textron Specialized Vehicles which is a medium sized business unit in the private sector.
Textron Specialized Vehicles (formerly known as E-Z-Go) grew fast and had two sizable acquisitions in 3 years. The integrated supply chain operations, manufacturing, and production control competencies were not robust enough to handle such quick expansion.
Continuous Improvement
Supply Chain Management (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 7, 2018
Excellent employer. Excellent promotion opportunities, they promote from within the organization. HR is actively involved in employee's career paths.
Pros
Salary. Benefits Package.
Neutral
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDJune 7, 2018
Good company, especially early in your career. Opportunities for advancement, particularly if you're willing to relocate to other business unit locations.
Great place to gain experience
NDT Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 4, 2018
But a low compensation to keep workers. Their willing to train the right individuals but lack the finesse to keep them. Work atmosphere isn't bad, typical high school drama.
Fun and energetic place to work
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAMay 23, 2018
I found my time at textron to be full of challenges and fun and engaging atmosphere with my colleagues. Management has always allowed me room to grow and to utilize my ideas every day. Without the experience at textron, I will not be where I am today.
Average UAS contractor
Tier III Grey Eagle UAV Inst Pilot (Current Employee) –  Multiple locationsMay 18, 2018
Textron is your average UAS contracting company. Pay is average in the industry. Benefits are good. Communication is sub-par and employees get hit with last-minute reactions regularly.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Terrible communication
Overall unimpressed
Program/Project (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 15, 2018
Attending endless meetings to figure out problems. Fundamentally, the use of meetings is used for all concerns, status, and communication. Group thinking and teamwork is stressed. There are many meetings with no agenda, person identified to work on actions, and cliquey type behavior day in and out. Being unprepared isn't a concern as long as you attend the meeting.

Management spends most of their time in meetings. Period. This will never change.

Largest salary changes occur only at promotion. Thus, being promoted is subjective to your immediate supervisor. Working to their standard is important.

Culture can be cliquey style. These groups are promoted and invited to leadership seminars, etc.. There are "potential" employees postured to manage a highly skilled workforce with zero experience. This will frustrate you. As well as rotational assignments. It's done this way to retain employees and train them informally.

The stress will be the hardest part of the job. If you can manage that, you will be ok. Workload will be overwhelming. Learn to manage this as well.

If you want to finish your undergrad with minimal student loans, you should be able to. Grad school will have out of pocket expenses and HR has to approve you.

Noticed many new hires wanting to travel without paying their dues or achieving stretch goals in their hired positions. This became frustrating watching new hires sit in silence at meetings over and over contributing nothing. Not even taking notes and/or minutes actions to contribute. The jet setter syndrome.

Layoffs
  more... are the normal there.  less
Pros
Undergrad 100% tuition reimbursement
Cons
Workloads unrealistic, Chosen few identified for leadership and unprepared for niche work with highly skilled workforce, Management isn't setting a good example
A highly active work environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 29, 2018
It was a great place to work for 38 years.
You have to jump in and make things happen.
Lots of opportunities for advancement if your ready for the challenge.
Sometimes too many politics.
Cons
constantly changing.
it was a good company and a good work enviroment
MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 24, 2018
we entered very early, everyone knew what he had to do,i learned a lot, all the manager very respectful and kind with all staff, the administration was good, and the hardest part was it was done rework, it was to change the parts of all kinds and averything dis all .
Textron Lycoming and Textron Financial
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PA and Hurst, TexasApril 18, 2018
My experience at both divisions were nothing but a positive time in my career. I was able to learn a great deal which propelled me to move into other areas.
Finance Review
Program Master Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDApril 16, 2018
There is no normal work day. It is very dynamic and fast paced. There is opportunity for movement within your current position and to different groups within the company.
Great experience
DEPLOYED SENIOR FIELD SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  OCONUSApril 13, 2018
Textron is a great place to get involved with and build a career with. You can succeed greatly with this company. They have really great benefits to include an annual merit increase, which is all based off of your annual ratings. Meaning, the harder you work and that work shows, the higher an increase of a raise. I have been with the company for 3 years now and have had an $8k increase in my salary from start to now.
Everyone I have met is down to earth and overly professional at the same time. High standards and respect across the board. Education assistance is also a great benefit that I was able to take advantage of.
Pros
Educational Assistance, Professionalism, annual recognition, chances to excel.
Cons
Paid vacation was withdrawn for contracted employees, salaries were decreased, per diem was decreased. Cutting money in nearly all beneficial aspects of the company
Ok place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30906April 3, 2018
Poor management but good employees. If they want things to change it needs to start with the top down. You will have no work life balance but the pay is pretty good no complaints on this end.
Pros
good pay
Cons
work life balance
Textron has good people but needs to work harder to modernize and reorganize.
Leadership Development Program (Current Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNApril 1, 2018
Textron is a relatively average company. More good than bad, with the day to day of your job being the best part and the lack of transparency being the worst part. Still, middle managers are the ones who will give it to you straight and are largely who you work with. Job security can be good or bad but it is difficult to know where you stand. Try to address all things upfront and I think working here can be a good experience.
Pros
People, Work Life Balance, Interesting work
Cons
Human Resources, Mental Health Benefits, Office Politics
Super fun and inviting members
Financial Analyst Intern, Electronic Systems (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMarch 28, 2018
Working at Textron was great. While I didn't necessarily get the experience I was looking for personally, I did enjoy myself and everyone who worked there was very nice, approachable, and helpful.
great people
Electrical Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lavonia, GAMarch 26, 2018
Great people. No advancement possible. Management continues to cut head count in all departments, with no regards to length of employment. Respect is great among peers.
Pros
team work
Cons
no support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Textron. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss