Textron Employee Reviews

An ok place to work
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAOctober 16, 2018
Just your typical job. Nothing great, low pay. Started at the defense sector, which does not exist anymore. The best part of the job were the co-workers, hardworking and extremely friendly.
Home office location
Territory Sales Manager-Jacobsen (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 11, 2018
I worked from home office so I wasn't too familiar with the office environment. I worked in an office and factory with John Deere and both were good experiences.
Diverse and Exciting
Sr. Manager, IT (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work,
Collaborative and supporting colleagues
Work life balance is adequate.
Great benefits
Excellent opportunities for advancement
Generous tuition reimbursement program
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Understaffed in some critical areas can sometimes result in long hours
Junior and Sales (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 2, 2018
I don't have too much to say about Textron. It was my first job and it was a great experience for me. A Textron I worked for different managers, but it helped me reaching my highest point of my career.
Good day at work.
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KS 67215September 30, 2018
Working at Textron is enjoyable and a good learning experience. their are a lot of good perks working for this company. but the management is sometime horrible.
too many people trying to be boss
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSSeptember 30, 2018
there was always someone telling you to to do this that way when you you was shown by another person a different way to do your job. There are three or more people on each side of plane very confusing about what to do when to do it.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
worked to many hours a week
Mechanical Engineer III (Current Employee) –  Thief River Falls, MNSeptember 12, 2018
Great place to work. Would appreciate good project management discipline to take projects forward. Several technological areas are underdeveloped, in some areas.
not to much
MAU Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 6, 2018
it was stressful in back hurting type of pain but the pay weekly plus the environment was good enough to keep working . although it has some bad days in the building everyone was a team & worked hard everyday we came into the workplace
Cons
short breaks
great place
jourmeyman machinist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 29, 2018
continue growth. work in the prototype department doing reworks, tooling customer service lean work, management no the greatest to far commuted a long distance great pay and benefits
benefits
Cons
commute
Professional Development
Sr. Accountant/Portfolio Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 14, 2018
Textron was extremely supportive in providing internal and external opportunities for professional development and life long learning. Many training sessions were brought in house so that a greater number of employees could attend.
Pros
professional development
Workplace Review
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLAugust 13, 2018
TRU Simulation and Training is a great place to get a start for your career. The people here are nice, and the atmosphere is friendly, but the pay is not competitive to what you could get somewhere else.
Decent place to work, but experience will vary depending on situation
Reliability Engineer, Specialty Engineering (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 12, 2018
A decent place to work, but nothing exceptional. Like many larger companies, your job situation will vary greatly depending on the organization, program, or site worked at. Compensation is fair, but the company does a poor job of recognizing the contributions of various employees. The Hunt Valley site is over populated with too many people packed into small spaces. They need to expand that site or move people to different locations.
Pros
Fair Compensation
Cons
Promotions Limited
devoted resources to tracking emerging technology, which I appreciated and respected.
Principal Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAAugust 9, 2018
This is a rather large company, and I can only speak to the subdivision I worked in, but they did a good job of devoting some consistent resources and attention to following and integrating emerging technology.
Great work environment, good opportunity for advancement
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 9, 2018
Being at Textron for 11 years gave me the opportunity to learn many different jobs. I started out in the plant, went into Materials Control, on into Purchasing. I then went into the Warehouse as a clerk but learned all of the Inventory, Materials Management positions. I then transferred over to the Technology Center where I took over the Buying, Shipping, Receiving and Stockrooms for the Technology Center.
Pros
Great work Environment
Cons
Really weren't any
Depends on the team
HR Associate - Benefit Compliance (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 3, 2018
Some of the teams were really great to work with, some were not. I worked primarily with teams in HR. Textron does not adjust wages based on location.
Pros
Monthly events to celebrate birthdays and take breaks, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Little consideration of preexisting master's degrees
Textron Systems
Integrated Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 2, 2018
Work is pretty standard, 8 - 9 hour days on average, above and beyond as required. Management is very focused on the political plays, which make it tough to get things done.

Culture is still in the late 90's, trying to become more progressive, but is difficult.
fun work place
Shop Tech (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 1, 2018
Supported quality and safety goals set by my department while completing jobs within a reasonable amount of time.
Took parts to there designated location
Loaded parts
Cleaned and maintained my work area
Moved vehicles to and from Traffic Department using bar code scanning system
Packed and counted different parts
Pros
healthcare
Cons
it hot durning the summer
Repetitive and clean
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 1, 2018
Its a good and clean work place. They are willing to let you learn a different welding skill. You have to read blue prints and if you don't know how to read it they will teach you. Management is very understandable they are willing to work with you. They hire a lot of veterans, so veteran recommended.
Pros
They a clean lunch room and restroom
Cons
short lunch breaks and rotating shifts every 30 days
Horrible Management in Place
Regional Sales Director, Northeast (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 18, 2018
Textron Specialized Vehicles will not grow or advance as an organization until the entire management group of "good ole boys" is completely cleared out.
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Bad culture
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 28, 2018
Unrealistic goals. Poor management. Constant corporate restructuring. Health benefits are non existent. Ultra high deductible plans are the only option. Mandatory overtime to try and reach unattainable goals. Employees are not treated well. Pay is low for the amount of stress and responsibilities placed on you. Only thing that matters is meeting the bottom line.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Everything except coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Textron. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss