Textron Employee Reviews

Safe and reliable place to work, but not exciting or engaging
Associate Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 26, 2018
First job out of college was really looking forward to pushing myself and to learn new things but Textron was not good for this. I found myself doing nothing for about half my day and when I did have work it was mostly trivial tasks with little to no impact on actual decisions made. If I was preparing for retirement this would be a great place to work as its laid back and not very exciting but for a fresh graduate it was disappointing. Also my experience may not be representative of other departments
Pros
Good benefits, great people
Cons
Short lunches, boring
Great Place to Work
IT Security & Risk Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJanuary 11, 2019
• Accomplished IT Security, Risk Management and Sarbanes Oxley Professional with progressive experience and excellent ability to aid in the development of effective security controls, policies, procedures, and business / technical infrastructure/Enterprise Architecture, as well as manage/ monitor regulatory compliance issues related to: PCI-DSS, SOX404, GRC, SSAE16&18/SOC 1, 2. ISAE 3402, NIST- 800-37, Unified Control Framework (UCF), NIST – 800-53, 63-3,ISAM/ISRM,COSO/ COBIT5, ISO 27001/27002, ISO 9001, HIPAA, ITIL, GLBA/SEC, CFTC, AS9100, FAR/DFAR, DCAA, ITAR/EAR, HIPAA, IP (Intellectual Property Protection), ISAM/ISIM, Data Protection/Privacy/NIST 800-53/DOD/ FAR/DFAR & FAA regulations, RSA Archer etc.
Pros
Great location and employee Oriented
Cons
Great place for single employee with no children
TIER III UAC INSTRUCTOR PILOT (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 7, 2019
Long hours overseas and good compensation for doing so. Pay in the states is not as good/ with long work hours. This section of the company is not family oriented, so if you have a wife and children and want to keep them around I would suggest something else. Management has very little understanding for people with families, but it is great for young single people.
Good Company
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 30, 2018
Not great but good. Keep your head down. Don't rock the boat. Don't expect to exceed any expectations - there are processes and calculations in place to ensure you can't and an HR and management team willing to ensure that you don't. Over time is often times available. Decent benefits. Very slow turnover rate - we've all been here for years. Just don't rock the boat.
Pros
Benefits. Competitive pay.
Cons
Lack of accountability across all levels
Very productive company and friendly people all year round
Engineering Technician II (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MANovember 5, 2018
A typical day there is always a new experience for me. It’s always something new since it’s an R&D field. I learned that when you perform well you got rewarded well. Also that appearance of a good performance transfer over well too. The hardest part of the job was when I had to spray paint. Normally it would be okay but the work area had you in awkward positions to paint certain areas properly without damaging the projects. The most enjoyable part of my job was how my coworkers treated me and each other and made it almost like my second home there. I can honestly say it was the only job I ever had that I actually look forward to going in.
Pros
Good raises, free food for working extra hard
Cons
Breaks had to be on time when the cafe was a 10 min walk to get to
Textron Fastener was a good place to work. The workforce at Textron was great
Lead Header Press/ Operator, CNC Lathe (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSNovember 3, 2018
Textron Fasteners in Greenville Ms was an awesome place to work the supervisors and hourly employees were very helpful and knowledgeable. Textron wanted everyone that wanted to learn about every area in the the plant by cross training.
Pros
People you worked with
Cons
Decent place to work, but experience will vary depending on situation
Reliability Engineer, Specialty Engineering (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDAugust 12, 2018
A decent place to work, but nothing exceptional. Like many larger companies, your job situation will vary greatly depending on the organization, program, or site worked at. Compensation is fair, but the company does a poor job of recognizing the contributions of various employees. The Hunt Valley site is over populated with too many people packed into small spaces. They need to expand that site or move people to different locations.
Pros
Fair Compensation
Cons
Promotions Limited
Junior and Sales (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 2, 2018
I don't have too much to say about Textron. It was my first job and it was a great experience for me. A Textron I worked for different managers, but it helped me reaching my highest point of my career.
Great work environment, good opportunity for advancement
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHAugust 9, 2018
Being at Textron for 11 years gave me the opportunity to learn many different jobs. I started out in the plant, went into Materials Control, on into Purchasing. I then went into the Warehouse as a clerk but learned all of the Inventory, Materials Management positions. I then transferred over to the Technology Center where I took over the Buying, Shipping, Receiving and Stockrooms for the Technology Center.
Pros
Great work Environment
Cons
Really weren't any
Diverse and Exciting
Sr. Manager, IT (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 8, 2018
Great place to work,
Collaborative and supporting colleagues
Work life balance is adequate.
Great benefits
Excellent opportunities for advancement
Generous tuition reimbursement program
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Understaffed in some critical areas can sometimes result in long hours

Want to know more about Textron?

Ask a question
Repetitive and clean
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 1, 2018
Its a good and clean work place. They are willing to let you learn a different welding skill. You have to read blue prints and if you don't know how to read it they will teach you. Management is very understandable they are willing to work with you. They hire a lot of veterans, so veteran recommended.
Pros
They a clean lunch room and restroom
Cons
short lunch breaks and rotating shifts every 30 days
Traditional workplace focused on internal promotion
2nd Shift Aftermarket Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 23, 2018
Great company culture with diverse backgrounds, but overall felt underpaid. The opportunities for internal advancement are there but you have to wait around a long time for it to pay off.
Pros
culture
Cons
salary
too many people trying to be boss
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSSeptember 30, 2018
there was always someone telling you to to do this that way when you you was shown by another person a different way to do your job. There are three or more people on each side of plane very confusing about what to do when to do it.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
worked to many hours a week
fun work place
Shop Tech (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 1, 2018
Supported quality and safety goals set by my department while completing jobs within a reasonable amount of time.
Took parts to there designated location
Loaded parts
Cleaned and maintained my work area
Moved vehicles to and from Traffic Department using bar code scanning system
Packed and counted different parts
Pros
healthcare
Cons
it hot durning the summer
Professional Development
Sr. Accountant/Portfolio Accountant (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 14, 2018
Textron was extremely supportive in providing internal and external opportunities for professional development and life long learning. Many training sessions were brought in house so that a greater number of employees could attend.
Pros
professional development
Bad culture
Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 28, 2018
Unrealistic goals. Poor management. Constant corporate restructuring. Health benefits are non existent. Ultra high deductible plans are the only option. Mandatory overtime to try and reach unattainable goals. Employees are not treated well. Pay is low for the amount of stress and responsibilities placed on you. Only thing that matters is meeting the bottom line.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Everything except coworkers
High performance environment
Software Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 1, 2019
Worked in Textron Systems divison developing simulation software. The deadlines, workloads, and expectations were constantly out of project scope due to poor up front project management.
Overall decent place to work
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 2, 2018
My overall experience at Textron was not bad. Although, they did have a delay on hiring people full-time from the temp service. Once I was hired on they made feel apart of the team and the benefits were good.
devoted resources to tracking emerging technology, which I appreciated and respected.
Principal Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAAugust 9, 2018
This is a rather large company, and I can only speak to the subdivision I worked in, but they did a good job of devoting some consistent resources and attention to following and integrating emerging technology.
Depends on the team
HR Associate - Benefit Compliance (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 3, 2018
Some of the teams were really great to work with, some were not. I worked primarily with teams in HR. Textron does not adjust wages based on location.
Pros
Monthly events to celebrate birthdays and take breaks, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Little consideration of preexisting master's degrees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Textron. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight