Textron Employee Reviews

Constant churn
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 7, 2017
Overall my experience in various positions at Textron was very positive. In the last year there was a lot of changeover at the top levels of management that caused unrest and change at the program and project levels. The team environment and competitive culture were things I worked very well with, however the unsettled org chart made for a tough last year.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Upper management is not set and that flows downward
It was a great company and great place to work. I have great management all 10 y e ars.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 23, 2017
I have a great experience with Textron Financial. The parent company liquidated Textron Financial so we had no choice. I wish I was still there. A great group of co-workers. It was sad to depart.
Pros
Great company
More lay offs coming
Business Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 22, 2017
At Textron we like to force employees 50+ out so we can hire new college grads for a 1/3 the cost! Some would think fantastic business plan until you realize all the knowledge goes out the door with those employees.
The motto is do more with less! So when people get laid off others just consume their work.
Pros
Somewhat pay
Cons
Benefits arent good for a muti billion $$ company
Great
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDAugust 11, 2017
Great company to work for and never stop learning. 5-10% of managers don't care and are just there to get a check, the others are so helpful. Don't let the 5-10% scare you, every company has managers like this.
productive and fun with gym room
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 20, 2017
I am start working at 7am to3 :30 pm every day. I had a nice time with my skill.I studied many thing about sketches, blueprint and Cad
software.I am got training for assembly product too.
Pros
free lunches every month
Cons
healthcare is good
Great work place
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 12, 2017
Work long hours. Great place to start a career or learn on the job. Flexible hours. Great supervisor.
Must pay attention to detail.
Loved this place
Pros
On your own schedule
Cons
Not enough income
Very poor work environment
Logistics ManagerLogistics (Former Employee) –  Augusta GeorgiaJuly 10, 2017
Was lied on and fired for no reason so that my supervisor could bring into new Caucasian people and five me and the other African-American was doing more than one duty and only getting paid for one was treated very poorly management was poor but I was working on the MAU so I don't know if I can blame text Job but I blame them if I have it in May you run my department
Misplaced Priorities
Employee (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 20, 2017
Textron's priorities are to its shareholders vice its employees or customers. They routinely lay-off the senior personnel to pinch pennies leaving an inexperienced and non-productive staff. The burden of which falls on the few remaining experienced employees.
Pros
competitive pay with respect to college degrees attained
Cons
Poor management
Productive and a great job for college students and more.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJune 8, 2017
I learned a lot from working at Textron. I gathered customer service experience from every day tasks. I learned a lot about a companies security and how crucial it can be to the success of a company. It kept my productive all the time, whether I was signing people in, answering phone calls, or doing the patrols of the facility, I was constantly doing something. I enjoyed the job and the pay was decent for a college student. The only hard part about the job was the shifts. Working in security for Textron was a 24 hour/365 days a year job. There would be weeks when I would work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift and it was a little challenging. Other than that I enjoyed my time at Textron.
Good place to learn foundation of supply chain operations
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 6, 2017
Good place to learn how supply chain operations work, but Textron is not the best place to learn about innovation. They are good about moving people around between business units but management in the smaller business units is flawed.
Not a team atmosphere
High Volume data entry of invoices for payment (Current Employee) –  Ft. Worth, TXJune 1, 2017
We work individually and not much team work is done. I listen work with other business units making sure the PO's can three match. Management is not good.
benefits
Cons
short breaks and negativity
Busy
Program Control Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDMay 31, 2017
Busy, busy, busy.... everyday is a challenge. If you like challenges then this place is for you. Unfortunately I have other goals in my life I need to pursue. The Job here has been very rewarding so far. I could say Job security is a definite upside to this employment found here.
Productive enjoy place to work
Test Engineer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAMay 22, 2017
Production test equipment support and troubleshooting
Enjoy place to work and learned of lots from co-worker
Great management
Great Team works
Fixing test stations
Enjoyabel mix of businesses
DIRECTOR, Integrated Supply Chain, Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2017
Textron Supply Chain was never boring. With a mixture of businesses around the world and in multiple industries, there was never a shortage of work or project that needed to be completed. I enjoyed the people, although seven years of continuous travel became tiring. I loved the job and wish that they had not disbanded the global team in the economic downturn.
Pros
The people and products
Cons
travel
very friendly
Commercial sales and international shipping (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 19, 2017
textron is a great company to work for they are like one big family they have a great passion in making sure their customer are satisfied with their brand and product and really go above and beyond for their customers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
very fun
Supply Chain Management Liaison (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 16, 2017
i loved my job at textron and left unfortunately because i was moving to another country, but would love to come back.
now that i am coming back to the usa i would like to try for another position there.
Company that takes care of employees
Documentation Analyst (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAMay 13, 2017
Great place to work! Great benefits, plenty of opportunity to earn learning certifications. Easy to work with co-workers. Great motivation programs.
Pros
Opportunities to grow
Cons
N/a
Over 30 years here......great place to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, MAApril 27, 2017
The people here are very nice and fun to work with. Like a big family. They are a company for the people. Work to make sure benefits are good and folks are happy in their environment.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Hardwork
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 24, 2017
communicating with my peers
getting to learn new part numbers
memorize part numbers
workplace is calm
typical day at work, is getting the bins fill
No room for growth
Senior Configuration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDApril 11, 2017
Not a bad place to work however the work environment is negative overall. Team moral seems to go down every year. It is also very hard to climb in the company. Even with years of experience the company will not promote you without going back to school to get your masters degree. Pay is also not as high as competing companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Textron. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval