Thales Academy

Thales Academy insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager

Pre pandemic good part time position.

Great salary.Great part time after school hours.Good coworkers.Prepared rotations / activities for students. B4 CovidGreat working with students.

Pros

Excellent part time work with students. Outstanding pay. Great hours.

Cons

Denied unemployment.

Very unhappy and blind sighted

Interview and orientation were incredible, however the job atmosphere was horrific. The principal seemed to have 2 faces: one for parents and tours and one for me. I was thrown in with no training and my 5 day of shadowing was cut short to 2. I was never observed like other teachers. My curriculum was poorly planned and I was made to feel completely stupid as a person. I think this school is cult-like and does not prefer experienced teachers. They prefer to "train" new teachers in the Thales way, without comparison. No windows in this facility and it's very robotic in routine and learning. Everything is run by people in North Carolina, that alone is extreme. Any issue has to go through them, and that seems extreme to me. I would not recommend as a school or employer.

Pros

Cheap private school

Cons

dungeon-like atmosphere, disrespectful treatment

Fun and great place to work!

I work part time and the hours are pretty short but I love my job. The other teachers and the students I work with are amazing, and management is kind, understanding, and always there to help out or listen. It’s pretty easy to get promoted if that’s what you’re looking for. Highly recommend!

Pros

Lots of free time during the day before work

Cons

Short hours and lots of time off due to it being a year round school.

Good pay with flexibility

Overall pretty chill job to work the good pay. The hours are short, and we do track out for 3 weeks at a time which you don’t get paid for. Job culture with the current pandemic is a little skewed, but I would still recommend it.

Pros

Great pay, flexibility

Cons

Low hours

Lovely co-workers but not great management

I loved everyone I worked with in the aftercare program. They were all very kind and supportive to both their fellow co-workers as well as the kids. The only problem is that the management was constantly changing.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Well run and effective school

This is a good organization to work for. They are supportive and innovative while caring deeply about the staff and students of the school. It is well run and compensates fairly.

They are a horrible company to work for.

Worked there for 1year and left. No administrative support and a toxic culture. There is no staff diversity. I would not recommend anyone working there.

Great company to work with.

Excellent company to work for, love the staff and the students. Always excited to go to work. Very respectful students. Staff always helps out each other and works as a team.

Fun atmosphere

I loved working this job. The kids for the most part were very well behaved and loved to spend time with you. The school was always clean and a pleasant place to work.

Productive and an intellectual place to work

Non-stop duties Learn so much because you teach so much Management is up and coming needs some tweeking Co-workers were great Hardest part of the job was helping new management Most enjoyable part of the job was watching kids learn

Jobs at Thales Academy