Thales Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A Decent place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 18, 2018
Decent salary and work life balance, decent supervisor, upper management could be improved, French company culture, overall my experience was that it was an okay place to work.
Decent pay, little chance to advance, company is very short-sighted.
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 16, 2018
Thales pays pretty well, which makes it harder to leave for better pay. Virtually no promotions from within. Very short-sighted management, constantly reinventing and reorganizing. Too much flying by the seat of the pants, and a do it wrong, fix it later mentality across the company. Management does not like to be wrong, or challenged, and they will retaliate. Thales touts a one team philosophy, but the reality is different. More like the NFL, many teams fighting each other. I like the people I work with. I am encouraged to work independently, as long as my job is done. My hours are flexible, and PTO is usually approved without question. Overall, it's not the worst place to work, just don't expect to race up the company ladder. The job you start with will be yours for a while.
Pros
Decent pay, good experience, flexible hours when needed.
Cons
Poor long-range planning, not much advancement possible, cross-department teamwork sorely lacking.
Large company with lot of opportunities
Program Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 20, 2018
Thales has its reach in many countries and business lines.
Heavy focus is on transportation (including avionics / training), cyber-security and bid data.
IT Management, Project Engineering, Cyber Security (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 24, 2018
Predecessor company, Live TV, fostered good work environment. Once Thales acquisition was in place, the culture changed significantly. Many legacy employees left due to culture shift.
Decent
Line Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 22, 2018
Decent job. Easy going. fast paced. work at your own speed. Manager works with you if you have emergencies. Pay is not the best but its not bad either.
Pros
good vacation acrual
Cons
Possibly losing contract in dfw
I learned a lot and i am happy Thales gave me the opportunity to work here
Sr.Material Handler III (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 17, 2018
All I have to say about Thales is nothing negative.
Its all positive, I would enjoy working here as long as I could.
and all management gave me the opportunity to work with less supervision.
Thales Visionix is the best job I have had
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 14, 2018
My work is appreciated. My opinion is respected. The team is enjoyable and hard working. The work is challenging and rewarding. Personal life and family life is viewed as important.
Pros
Rewarding work that is important
Cons
More work than workers
Thales
Shipping Administrator / Material Handler 2 (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 9, 2018
work was great easy to handle. environment was great people were friendly and easy to get along with.
learned lots from
.receiving
.inventory
.(SAP) system
.shipping
ect.
Pros
learn lots
Finance (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMay 4, 2018
Overall good place to work. Recently has gone thru many changes which has affected the workflow and work environment, should get better. Great benefits !
Pros
great benefits, great people
Cons
Alot of recent changes
Promotions are hard unless you are French
buyer (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 1, 2018
Thales is a French company. The business unit in Irvine, is only one of their smaller institutions. Unless you are a French national or speaks French, there's limited room for growth. It is the most political company I have ever worked for. The American employees are not treated the same as the French. In fact, US employees have to fly in coach while peers from France are flying on business class. There are early morning calls starting at 6am and work load is non-stop. There are limited company spirit that goes around. The French CEO has been finding ways to bring more French employees in while laying the Americans off. Their pay is sub-par. If you have a manager that's been at Thales for more than 10 years, chances are they are lifers and will not step up for you to do what's right for you as the employee.
Pros
American colleagues support each other
Cons
very political and ethnically bias environment
Toxic and depressed work culture
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 25, 2018
Hardly ever see anyone happy at work! . Practically Impossible to meet expectations. You are encouraged to work 60 to 80 hours a week. The benefits are very average for a global company. No Job work/Life Balance. Only job Work.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Integration challenge with management who doesn't care about employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 24, 2018
Thales eSecurity is going through a lot of growing pains with their acquisitions and communication by management to their teams is dismal. Strategy is all over the place and not consistent across the teams. The culture is to work you as hard as possible without any rewards. Some of the best people on the team are underpaid and receive very low raises if they are lucky.
Pros
401K Matching
Cons
Healthcare benefits, Management
Going through some growing pains
Senior Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 13, 2018
We went from a small company owned by a larger company that allowed us to keep functioning like a small company to a large company and it has been tough.
Could Use Some Fresh Blood
Industrial Architect (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 4, 2018
This is a company with in-grown processes that have failed time and again. To further compound the problem is the French management tends to look upon the Irvine operations as an opportunity to enhance their position without consideration of damage done to others. Politics over Progress.

People for the most part were great. Benefits were top-notch.
Pros
Benefit Package
Cons
Constantly trying to reinvent itself
Worplace Culture
USA Service Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLMarch 20, 2018
The 80/20 rule really applies at Thales. Only 20% of the employees do 80% of the work. It seems that a lot is being pushed down from upper management to meet deadlines.
Very busy ... 10-15 programs at a time. Thales is a great company to work with.
Engineering Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 2, 2018
Very busy ... 10-15 programs at a time. The company is very energetic and exciting. I have the pleasure of working with people all over the world, analyzing what a lab is going to take to build and finding existing parts or ordering new parts to help lab gets built on time. I work with vendors and customers alike. I've learned to work the system and create procedures to help make the job run smoothly on most occasions. I've really enjoyed my time here.
Pros
Benefits, Holidays, Vacations, People are awesome
Cons
For me ... Money and Advancement
Excellent place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Excellent place to work, good management. I was laid off in 2005 had to take care of my mothers. I would go back but I live too far away for the drive.
Thales is a good place to work
Systems Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Every company always has room for improvement. The benefits are great and my co-workers are super. Every company always has room for improvement. I would recomend it.
Professional and Welcoming
Media Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 10, 2018
I will always remember Thales fondly. I grew as a professional working there. I gained confidence through interactions with different departments. Thales treats their employees well.
Productive workplace
STC ODA Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 26, 2018
Teamwork is great between departments. Collaboration within the department is productive. Encouragement to learn and cross train is highly recommended from department management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Thales. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight