Thalle Construction Co., Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Office (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 7, 2018
I love working here.
Culture is good and management seems to truly care about the employees. Good work/home balance.
Pay is good with better than average benefits.
Paid time off is a plus.
Teamwork makes the dream work.
Office (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 3, 2018
I've never worked at an organization like this - where "teamwork" was not just a mantra, but a core part of the business philosophy. Thalle has a unique culture, and the team spirit of Thalle is one of it's high points.

I've had an opportunity to collaborate with some fantastic people while I've worked with Thalle. If you're willing to work hard, take ownership of your role, and be a part of something truly great you will make it. If you're here to collect a paycheck because it's just another job then this might not be the best fit.

The Thalle Family has been immense in making me feel welcome and truly like I am a part of a team. When we go home at the end of the day we can honestly say we accomplished something incredible.

I had heard about Team Thalle before I joined, but now that I count myself as part of this organization I can see why their reputation preceded them.
Pros
Team Culture, comprehensive benefits package, ability to be part of building some amazing projects.
Cons
Not for the faint of heart.
Work place
Operator of any type of equipment (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 21, 2018
The company is great its just some of the higher ups that suck about this place they do not k ow what they r doing on the job at all there to worried about the little things
Pros
Left
Cons
Coulda stayed
Just not right
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 11, 2018
Been on a handful of Thalle projects and the recurring theme is scrape up those who have a difficult time getting a job elsewhere, give them the minimum of pay, have them perform functions, way outside their pay-grade and skill set, while supplying minimal tools and materials to complete tasks properly. The only good reviews here are from office personnel. The only ones to advance are kiss-ups and many of the hardest workers go unrewarded. I am not a disgruntled ex-employee, just very disenchanted.
Pros
You're always free to look for another job
Cons
working here
Good
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 30, 2018
Good place to work and learn. Friendly co workers make days go by quickly and safely. Started my career here and it’s a great environment. Join a team not just a job
Average start environment
Finish Operator (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLJanuary 19, 2018
Not for skilled Oper. Engr. Pay low.. inexperienced supervisors.. and coworkers.. false promises.. mismanagement mixed w/in house self oriented agendas take focus from project completion.. quiet accolades over performance compensation.. bottom line send your inexperience to cut their teeth ..skilled oper. need not apply ..
Pros
Coworkers were good people.. but inexperienced
Cons
No compensation for skills and experience .. everyday is coworker training day.. nothing to gain
New Start Up
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCDecember 10, 2017
I joined Thalle during the 2012 down time in our industry, it may not have been to correct time. Their cost accounting system was up to date allowing the project managers to perform their duties affectively.
Working for thalle
Operator/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 22, 2017
I started working for them in 2005 and started out as a labroer. The employment advancement was great. I was showed how to operate heavy machinery of many variteies.
Pros
Loved this job
Cons
Last superintdent laid me off after I had surgery
Joyful environment
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 4, 2017
Get to the office and begin opening up Microsoft outlook for any incoming emails. Get payroll and get it entered and approved to post. Input in equipment usage.
Deal with phones call scanning emails for accounting and back up
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
supervisors with negative attitudes
Decent company to work for.
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Calvert City, KYMarch 23, 2017
I was not there long but it seemed like a decent place to work. It was hard work but we were compensated well and insurance was about average. Good group of guys to work with.
Work life, no life
Laborer/Pipe Layer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2017
Management is terrible, benefits are just as bad, the crew of guys i work with are awesome and helpful. Prepare to work your life away one week and wonder how to make ends meet the next. Work is not steady and over time is mandatory when available. Don't expect your pay raise when it's time, doesn't come easy.
Pros
Coworkers great
Cons
management lacking
Field Engineer/Industrial surveyor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rivers, KYOctober 6, 2016
Great place to work and grow as a professional, the management is very knowledgeable and willing to help you grow as a professional. The hardest part of the job has been that this project is complete.
Employees are asked to do extended amount of work that is not in there work decription
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCSeptember 15, 2016
Not a happy place to work. The policies are only for the employees to follow and management would not be held accountable for their actions. Management does not support the team that they are responsibly for.
Pros
The employees are very hard working.
Cons
Management deligates most of the responsiblilities on the employee
Gotta Keep Up
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCSeptember 14, 2016
Good outfit if you're looking for experience and career development. They tackle a wide variety of projects, and they self-perform just about everything, so you get involved in a lot of different types of work. Seriously hard working people, and they expect that out of everybody. They work hard, play hard, laugh hard. Commitment to quality is strong and the safety side is top notch. Lots of imagination and problem solving going on. Pretty good attitudes about teamwork and getting new people into the mix right away. If you can make the cut and then keep up, it's a good place to work.
Pros
Safety, Focus on Quality
Cons
Long Hours, Lots of Travel
Bad Reviews Explained
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NCAugust 19, 2016
Does anyone really expect a former employee (that was let go for not performing over an extended period of time after being given several chances to perform better) to give a stellar review??
Pros
Great people from top to bottom
Cons
Disgruntled former employees with issues
Great Place to work!
Estimating Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMay 20, 2016
This is by far the best company I have ever worked for. All the employees are helpful and make great team members. I enjoy the fact that everyone will go the extra mile to help each other out. Great work environment.
Pros
Very professional environment and employees are truly valued!
Cons
A good company to learn from.
Pile Driver/Welder (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 19, 2016
If you're looking for a place to learn various skill sets in a short amount of time, this company is the place to go. With the different range and phases of construction that are involved with a single job site, you will get the opportunity to have hands on training in them all.
Pros
Good place to learn new skill sets or master what you already know.
Cons
Pay scale won't always reflect your skills.
Great Workplace Atmosphere and Management
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 16, 2016
Thalle Construction Co., Inc. is unlike any other place I have worked at. The management team at Thalle truly cares about the safety and advancement of their employees. Thalle provides many opportunities to learn/grow in the company and as an individual. If you're a competitor that cares about the project you are working on and you're willing to take accountability for the overall advancement/success of that project, this is the perfect place to work for you.
Pros
Great Health Insurance, Pto, Management Team, Growing Fast, Projects in Multiple States, Diverse Learning Opportunities, Competitive Atmosphere
Entry Level Construction
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, TNMarch 17, 2016
If your not in the click you wont be with them long.No communication.Truth they dont know what it means was lied to from the interview an it snowballed down hill
Cons
pay an travel out of town it will cost u out of your pocket to work for them
Lacking in communication, management is always critcial, project delays as a result are quite common
Mid level Superintendant (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 8, 2016
NC office is in the middle of nowhere.

A lot of reporting, paperwork, analysis which is burdensome and slows job down.

Micromanaging by upper management to the point of being ridiculous.

Little to no training in their systems / paperwork / reporting and then you get called out for non-compliance.

While compensation is good, it does not offset the pain and suffering of working at Thalle. Huge turnover of staff.
Pros
Compensation is good, but they expect you to work or be on call 24/7
Cons
Poor management, little positive feedback, no mentoring, no training, no task is easy to complete without multi level reviews by uninformed management