THANKSGIVING POINT Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 26, 2018
You can really tell that the people at Thanksgiving Point love it there. They create a very inviting environment that makes the atmosphere comfortable for the employees and guests. I learned a lot about being self reliant, hard working, and becoming a good employee. I felt like the management cared about me as a person and about my growth.
Pros
Discount, can get into gardens/museums for free
Cons
low pay, few hours
Good
Server (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJune 23, 2018
Great place to work not enough hours though the pay is good for teens. Good benefits for working here. Great co workers. Great mangers. Okay hours kinda random though
Not Great.
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJune 19, 2018
The people I worked with was the only part I liked about working here. My manager was sexist and condescending. My husband’s dad works for thanksgiving point as a gardener, and he is not treated well. It’s a fun place to go to, it’s just not fun to work there.
relaxed job in customer service
Supervisor of Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMay 3, 2018
Work days vary in busy-ness. Summer time is very fast-paced, while school days are very slow. Learned great customer service skills and was trained very thoroughly on the job. Management is easy to work with.
Part Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTApril 11, 2018
Love the culture here. everyone is friends and works together. very chill and fun environment. great managers when I was there. hours were nice and flexible as well.
Fun atmosphere
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 19, 2018
This is a good place to work for a people person. One can expect to be surrounded by lots of people most of the time. Being able to collaborate with others is also important.
Much work to be done, but enjoyable place to work.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 27, 2017
During my four month internship at Thanksgiving Point, there was always a lot of work to be done, but I found it quite enjoyable. Me, and the crew I worked with usually got an early start, at 6:00 A.M. Monday through Friday. We worked in various sections of a large garden, putting in hardscapes, removing old plantings, laying sod, and pruning. On the job, I learned the essentials of tilling soil, pruning roses, and shaping and placing hardscapes. The workplace was along some hilly country adjacent to the Jordan River in Lehi, Utah. There was a constant breeze blowing, which made working easier during the hot days of summer. The hardest part of the job was having to take detours continuously because of all the construction going on in the area. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting together with my fellow crew members, and starting our days work together as a team.
Pros
I received free passes and discounts at the store and dining facility.
Cons
I often encountered traffic backups, and detours because of nearby road construction.
Nice place to work if i was paid
Gift shop sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 12, 2017
when i applied for this job i thought it would be a good job for me while i was in school, because the schedules are very flexible and its a extremely easy job. i did enjoy my time there the working environment is very positive. however the three months i was employed there i never was paid and when i asked management they never where willing to help me fixed the issue so i had to quit.
Pros
positive, easy, flexible shifts
Cons
was not paid
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTOctober 24, 2017
Thanksgiving point has an incredible feel about it. It is very family friendly and great staff and a really great management. The culture is chill but organized.
Beautiful place to work
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 16, 2017
I loved working at TPI. Everything I did meant something, to me, the customers and the company. I felt I added value to the company and received value in return.
It was fun if you had the right team that day.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 5, 2017
The co workers do have a big toll on that day if its gonna go by well or bad. But for the most part you get along with most of the people there. They are all so kind and helpful in the time of need. During breaks is also when it gets funny.
Pros
Free food from the events.
Cons
Later nights. no set leaving time
Harassment
Private Events Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 22, 2017
The higher ups at Thanksgiving Point are the most sexist men you can possibly imagine. If you do by chance get sexually harassed, don't report it to anyone because you'll be let go.
Fun, busy, family oriented.
Director of Interactive Exhibits (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTJune 16, 2017
8-5 or there about. There is A LOT of consistent work. I strive to make a creative problem solving environment in my department, relying heavily on the skills my team brings to the job. Employees get a membership to the on property venues and at least a 10% discount on purchases made on property, such as food or gift shop items.
Pros
If you are a hard worker who takes on responsibilities, you will wind up owning MANY challenging projects.
Cons
Relaxed environment, good benefits, good bosses
Runner (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTDecember 22, 2016
I worked at their golf course for 2 seasons, I had a lot of fun and I was well respected by others, it is a low stress job and they let me golf for free and other thanksgiving point benefits.
Energetic and provided variety in work
Education Department (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 29, 2016
I loved working here. The knowledge I gained as an employee was extremely influential for me.
I worked in the education department, which meant I provided lesson plans for summer camps, filed trips, and after school programs.
Fun place to work
Front Line employee (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 24, 2015
Thanksgiving Point was a great place to work! I loved it! I worked at a venue and I was very nice. We got great benefits and I met very few people who didn't like working there.
Pros
Allowed to roam the gardens when we went on break
Cons
I worked in the Gardens, which got really slow.
Wonderful atmosphere for the consumer/customer. Beautiful place to work.
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 7, 2015
I loved working here and would still be there if it weren't for the need for a pay raise and time to tend my grandchildren. My responsibilities included creative displays and working with the public and with other employees of the Point. I enjoyed my time here very much.
Pros
Atmosphere of learning
Cons
Pay not competitive
There was a lot of service opportunities and it's great because you get to communicate with a lot of different great people.
Banquet server (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 24, 2015
When you first come into work there is a lot of things that need to be set up and cleaned. We set out the food and make sure everything is in order. It was a really good job and the other employees were all great people. I think the hardest thing about work would have to be keeping up with cleaning and meeting all the needs of the guest. I really love how everyday it was different. There was different people, different events so it was always new. I learned how to be more patient and how to serve others in a more positive way.
Family friendly food/play place where family's could gladly come and enjoy the evening in a good environment.
ThanksGiving point deli (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTOctober 27, 2014
A typical day at work was really busy. We always had costumers and everyone was always moving.

I gained a lot of social skills.

The management definitely needs work.

My co-workers were amazing! All of them were positive, nice people!

The hardest part of the job was that they weren't very flexible with hours.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was coming and getting to see my friends. I also really enjoyed the customers. They were all very nice!
Pros
You get a break for every 4 hour shift with a meal.
Cons
Short breaks, no health care, low pay, non flexible schedules