Tharaldson Hospitality Management Employee Reviews

Horrible company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDSeptember 2, 2019
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!
Want things done with under pay getto and careless managers. Front desk does what they please managers are all drunks not worth working there at all and they will fire you without no hesitation!! Worst company!
September 5, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience. If you have a moment, please reach out to me at HR@thmc.biz. This will allow me to get more details in order to investigate your concerns. I appreciate any feedback that you can provide.

Human Resources Manager

Do not work here, thank me later
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDAugust 22, 2019
The company doesn’t care about their employees, I personally have met the CEO of the company and she seemed like a nice person. But, this couldn’t be further from the truth. She puts some much pressure on her regional managers to maximize revenue while cutting down on expenses that they put this stress down to all the general managers they oversee who then put this stress to the other managers at the properties who then put the stress on the front desk, housekeeping, and all the hourly employees. If you dont want to look for another job in a year DONT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!
Pros
Cons
Terrible CEO, no care for the employees of the company, terrible pay for the amount of hours works, and near impossible to stay long term term for this company.
September 5, 2019

Thank you so much for you feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience during your employment with us. We review all feedback and use it to help us continually improve our employee services.

Human Resources Manager

Career Growth is Unlimited!
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Southern CaliforniaAugust 18, 2019
Best company I have ever worked for. Tharaldson Hospitality Management is a company that recognizes employees for their hard work. If you are looking to just be a body and collect a paycheck, this might not be a company for you. If you are looking to join a culture of people who truly care for each other as a family, and who enjoy providing the best guest service around than look no further. Hard work pays off, I have been promoted twice in my short tenure, but I have worked hard to earn those promotions. With so many hotels being built In addition to the 49 open, no company can offer the growth that THM can!
September 5, 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am happy to hear about your experience with Tharaldson Hospitality Management. With our explosive growth, we truly believe in promoting from within. That is why we developed programs such as our Manager in Training program.

Horrible company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Las VegasAugust 7, 2019
I was a Housekeeper was fired but dont care becsue this is Vegas and I can find other Housekeeper job anywhere here but I feel bad for the GM that just got fired to! She was nice and was new but they didnt give her any chance! She really was nice and helpful. The Assistnt GM wasn't! He was mean and rude! I saw him be mean to her to! He is uncomfordable to talk to. I no 5 or 6 other people that fell the same but are scared to say anything because they need the job! HORRIBLE! Not right! New Housekeeping Manger is mean to! Don't work here! Money sucks! Long hours! NO FULL TIME!! LOTS OF CHCK OUTS!! He lie and said he woud work around my other job! liear!
September 5, 2019

Thank you for the feedback. I am so sorry to hear about your experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at HR@thmc.biz. I would like to hear more about your concerns. I appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Human Resources Manager

They take away sick time if not sick
Worker (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 29, 2019
They take away sick time. If you never called in. If you're there for every shift. Maybe act sick. Then you can use sick time pay. Even if you request off work in advance management doesn't use sick time pay.
September 5, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please reach out to me at HR@thmc.biz so that I can look into your specific situation.

Terrible company
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2019
The pay is terrible in comparison to other places, the pto is a joke, holiday pay is a joke. They want people to do way too much for way too little. Find a better place to work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJuly 7, 2019
Co workers want to work and everyone is nice to each other. Management is pro-employee. It's a real team environment.
Overall a fun place to be everyday.
Don’t waste your time
Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 3, 2019
I have never worked for a company that micro manages as much as this company. If you have hotel experience and come to work for this company. Just forget everything you know, as they have their own way of running hotels. I was never trained on their way for my position just thrown in the fire to do it alone with no assistant. They will use you and once they have used you up they will get rid of you without any notice.
Cons
Amazing company to work for :)
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 27, 2019
I have been with the company for over 8 months. I've seen it grow, and I've seen the tremendous effort the team takes to ensure everyone feels appreciated. I've heard countless times "thank you for your efforts", and felt it was meant. I love my job. Lots of opportunities for growth as the company continued to grow, very employee driven company, rescent has allowed me to advance and grow my career unlike any other company I have worked for. The managers and business model all ensure that I have the tools I need to learn and grow everyday. They really care about their employees' success, Thank you Tharaldson. :)
Pros
All positive
with hard work comes great rewards
Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 27, 2019
Tharaldson is a company that expects a lot from their employees. They promote ownership and accountability. As a GM you are the CEO of your hotel. They want you to be successful and that make sure you have the right tools to be successful. They are a growing company, that continues to GROW! They ask for input on how to change things and how to do things better. Set expectations is not a bad thing!! You will learn something new everyday and grow as a hospitality professional. They promote from within and offer great opportunities for those who are willing to put in the hard work! Great company to grow with.
Pros
Opportunity
Great company to work for
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North DakotaJune 13, 2019
Do you want the opportunity to learn and grow with a company? This is your place! The owner is fantastic and does great things to benefit his associates. The benefits received are incredible and very affordable medical coverage. This is a company you can learn and grow with, but be prepared to work hard to provide your team great service. :)
June 26, 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from you. I am glad to hear that enjoy THM's benefits and growth potential. In addition to our medical benefits, we have a very generous 401K and Profit Sharing Plan.

THM Human Resources

Management Is lacking and does not appreciate the employees.
Former Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2019
There is no management support. Only come out to scold you or write you up. Never any support on how to improve. Management causes employee animosity against each other on purpose to see the show down between two employees. Just an over all bad company to work for. being spit at by a guest but then being told the customer is always right by corporate. Just over all management is horrible.

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience. In order to improve our employee services, I would love to discuss your experience in more detail. Please feel free to email me at HR@thmc.biz.

I appreciate any feedback you can give.

!! Be aware !!Proceed with caution
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 7, 2019
The company has a reputation not paying fairly and practices of some of the managers are extremely unethical. The General Manager for the hotel was promoted rather quickly and did not have the basic skills to carry out the position successfully. The operations team, with the exception of one manager, knew everything but did not know anything. Please be aware of this company. They pay very low, make promises that they ultimately can not keep.
Pros
Marriott Hotel Discounts
Cons
Unethical, dishonest, arrogant operations team.
June 26, 2019

Thank you for your feedback regarding your employment with us. I am sorry to hear your experience and would love to discuss it with you. Please feel free to reach me at HR@thmc.biz. I appreciate any feedback that you can provided.

Avoid
Management. (Former Employee) –  North DakotaMay 4, 2019
Horrible experience stay away. Once of the worse management companies I have worked for. Worked you to death and still expect reports and all the items that corporate needs.
May 17, 2019

Thank you some much for your feedback. As a growing company we appreciate hearing from our employees and learning how we can improve our employee services. I am sorry to hear about your experience. If you have a moment, I would love to hear more about your experience. You can email me at hr@thmc.biz. I appreciate any feedback that you can provide.

Good Company
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 22, 2019
Tharaldson was a thriving company that went through some pretty big changes. With that being said the culture is still there and I wish that there was an opportunity at the time of my employment with them.
May 17, 2019

Thank you some much for your feedback. As a growing company we appreciate hearing from our employees and learning how we can improve our employee services. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your experience with THM!

Rewards poor behaviour
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2019
Terrible place management moves real slow when it comes to doing things in the hotel, but they have no problem calling you on your off day to come into work but they will complain about overtime.
They promise promotion from within but that's a complete LIE!.
And hard work is a foreign word to most of the employees since they're no older than 22 with multiple kids & problems.
Pros
guest are easy to deal with
Cons
too many to list
May 17, 2019

Thank you so much for you feedback. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our company. As a growing company, we are always looking at ways to improve our employee services. Please feel free to share any specific concern by emailing us at hr@thmc.biz. We appreciate any feed back that you have.

Tharaldson Human Resources Manager

Wonderful People!!!
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  NevadaApril 5, 2019
Very Professional!!! Great Communication. Nice Staff, beautiful Hotels. Growing very fast. Fresh Ideas. Innovative. Well respected in the community.
Pros
Very Professional
Under paid
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYMarch 11, 2019
You are underpaid can’t live off what they pay. Lack of support from management, and front desk clerks. No raise no supplies. I won’t recommend working for this brand hotel only because of the pay. Better jobs out their you just need to be patient and stay in school.
Pros
Cons
All (pay)
Great Company to work .
Jobsite Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Newark, CAJanuary 22, 2019
All is good , lots to learn, lots to do, meet lots of people,You are the Boss in your Jobsite.
Lots of travel.
You have to be Multi-task in all areas.
Excellent Company to work at.
Pros
You are the boss in your work area
Cons
Travel, not enough time for family.
No support, grueling, overwhelming... worst 6 months of my life
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2019
Deliberately understaffed hotel in order to save money. You're doing 5 different jobs at once and getting yelled at for not being at the desk, even though they tell you that YOU have to go up to rooms to bring linens, fix stuff, etc. They won't spend more than $20 on a cordless phone, so it has NO RANGE and therefore, you miss a ton of calls when you are not at the desk... and get criticized for that as well. Horrible management, horrible FD supervisor, talks down to you in front of guests, yells at you over nothing. No one gets written up or confronted about genuine screw ups, so someone else is always going to get yelled at by guests for something they didn't do. Guests are allowed to demean, degrade, and insult you, make outrageous demands, and you are expected to cede to all of it, without "taking it personally", again and again and again, all shift long. There are no awards, appreciation, recognition, no performance reviews, no raises, and no benefits until after 6 months!!! Worst job I have ever had... worst people to work with... most vicious guests... Tharaldson is a disgustingly greedy company that works lower level people to death, all while paying them barely minimum wage, without benefits, to run an entire hotel. Please, please, please stay away.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tharaldson Hospitality Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4