Tharaldson Hospitality Management Employee Reviews

Nothing special about this place....
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Natomas, CAMay 21, 2018
Nothing special about this place only some staff that's it....other than that you should go somewhere else to go and work this place is full of it the people here are too
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything is a con
Tharaldson is a great company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAApril 25, 2018
I enjoyed working for Tharaldson Hospitality, I left due to family reasons. I would work for them again. The company makes you feel like you are part of a family. They seen to genuinly care about everyone who works for them from the bottom to the top.
Pros
discounts and recognition
Cons
hard work
Was a fun place to work
Residence Inn Polaris (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 1, 2018
The manager who hired me (Travis) was a team player a a very good manager to work for. Things started going south after he was elevated to the position of Human Resource Manager.
Pros
Nice company to work for
Cons
On site management had no clue of how to manage/ lead associates.
Poor management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 21, 2018
No background checks , no drug testing. Over worked under paid and no one knew anything because they were all new too. Not recommended. Cleaning done on a point check system.
Unorganized and Unprofessional
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2018
I have been working with this company have went through 3 GMs in the time I have been here. The pay rate for my qualifications and the job is beyond low. The staff do not have any checks and balance; the hotel basically runs its self. Then you have corporate folks that stop by but only speak with management and not the real individuals that are keeping the hotel afloat. Also they take your lunch from you ( out your pay) when you don't or didn't get to have a lunch break. You can be the only one working the desk, how will you get to take a break? The turnover with this company is high because all they care about is getting money and not the employees! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME..... I'm currently looking for another job while dealing with there nonsense !
Pros
Getting my check
Cons
Poor everything
Great place to work!
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 3, 2018
THD is an amazing company to work at, it's more like a family than a job. Management is always available and willing to talk. Projects are fun to watch develop.
Pros
Lots of perks - lunches, hotel discounts, etc
Cons
None that I can think of!
Terrible management company
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 14, 2017
I was fired for being sick, even though I had documentation from my doctor. When I returned to work, they made up reasons that I was doing a sub standard job and gave me unreasonable goals to complete to keep my job. They did this so they would not have to pay unemployment to me when they let me go.
They are unprofessional, underhanded and the worst management company I have ever worked for. I have been a hotel professional for over 30 years, and I reiterate, this is the worst company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Worst place
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 7, 2017
After complaining to HR which by the way took a week to speak to someone, the problem that I was experiencing was still going on. No one from HR followed up with me. I was bullied to the point where I got fired. Bad company to work for. Even employees and guest were unhappy with upper management. Good luck to whoever works for Tharaldson hospitality.
Pros
Housekeepers really work hard. Hotel was renovated.
Cons
Management is the worse part
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 5, 2017
They have the most unprofessional managers. From harassment no one does anything about... to refusing to orser products you need in order to make sure they hit theor bonus. Management has bankers hours but when you need personal time off... it isnt allowed
Pros
Cons
Over worked. Under paid. Talked to badly
Stressful. Underpaid for the work you are asked to do. Communication isn't very well established between managers and staff. No advances in job title.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 17, 2017
A typical day going there is stressful. As an employee, you are working way below what is deserved. No lunch breaks and no balance between life obligation and work. Not an all around enjoyable place to be at. There are no raises available to employees.
Pros
I'm not aware of any
Cons
No breaks, no pay raises, under paid for the work, stressful
They are the devil advocates
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CaliforniaAugust 19, 2017
I should of known something was wrong when the lady who was supposed to be training me, ask me to call corporate. SMH. Not an equal opportunity. My training was making beds for 1 week. They gave me a toothbrush to scrub mole in the showers. 33 to 39 rooms a day.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything!!
Poor management and staff
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 15, 2017
No one ever shows up on time to relieve you. Not one week goes by where you get off at the time you're supposed to.

They pay poorly and and no shift diffentiental.

Never get the time off you request, but you do get PTO they won't 'remember' to add it.

Little to no training.

Management talks down to you and is known to name call and talk poorly other employees to you and vice versa.

They wait to tell you about insurance until it's too late to sign up. Almost no one who works here actually gets the insurance they're supposed to.
Pros
Good hotel discounts is all.
Cons
Poor management. Poor staffing. Unprofessional. Unfair treatment.
Good working conditions All tools suplplied
Job Site Cleanup Foreman (Former Employee) –  Stapleton- NorthfieldJanuary 31, 2017
I enjoy working outdoors,had a good supervisor, the crew was easy to work with, good working schedule, learned how to operate different equipment tools
Pros
Working outdoors
Cons
Cold winters
working for Tharaldson
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 25, 2016
Great job to have if you do not have children and don't mind overtime.
There is not enough support for all that needs to be handled. There is limited training and support.
Pros
great learning experence, and work space is up to date
Cons
the quality of pay for the amount of work is not worth the stress
Exciting, fun entertaining.
PROPERTY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Surprise, AZSeptember 21, 2015
I start my day at 10 am with a short meeting with my maintenance supervisor. We plan our day to make sure everything is completed within the day so our residents are happy.

My co-workers are a pleasure to be around. We have worked together for several years and are a true team. Our supervisor is there to support us without trying to micromanage us.

The best part about my job is being of service to all the renters that call our property home.

The hardest part of the job is when neighbors don't get along and trying to find a peaceful solution.
Pros
Work schedule and hours
NO job security
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 3, 2014
They brought me in to save the worst performing property in the company. They gave me 7 months to do it, of which my general manager was out on medical leave for 4 of those months, making it virtually impossible to complete my job at 100% as the Assistant General Manager and I split his duties. The regional director had no regard for my safety, forcing me to make outside sales calls during extreme weather, when the local authorities were urging people to stay off the road.

Finally despite have a 20% increase in bottom line revenue during the 4th quarter of 2013 I was let go for performance reasons, against the wishes of my General Manager. That hotel is now on their third Director of Sales in a 9 month period. While I was there I witnessed 8 different Directors of Sales at 13 different properties within a 7 month period.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tharaldson Hospitality Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4