The Advisory Board Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Company Overall
Director Consulting and Management (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 10, 2018
I worked on site and traveled depending on the scope of projects I was working on. Since this was a new position I was creating, I performed in both a sales and operations role. Company does a great job of providing an environment and culture that allows employees to be successful at their positions.
Pros
Paid time to do volunteer work
Cons
Communication between offices could be improved to make company more seemless to clients, nothing else at this time
Great Place to grow
SAP Security Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2018
most of the people I worked with are extremely talented in one way or another
Network: you will always find someone within the company that can help you
Flexibility: to shape your career and grow in the direction you want to
Core values: The whole company lives by the same Core values and it shows
Great place to work for a good work life balance.
Accounts Payable Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 12, 2018
Great place to work for a good work life balance. Culture is welcoming to all. Good benefits. I did not experience any hardships within my department.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Advancement within some departments
Thriving learning experience
Youth member (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 11, 2018
The board in new and I was elected to volunteer my skills in advising the organization on strategy and how to influence and have far reaching impact on youth in developing countries. They are very responsive to the advise of the board.
Workplace
Manager of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 10, 2018
Advisory board is a place to start your career, but not finish. This company needs to get more diverse because they hire more Caucasians in management positions.
Pros
Good work enviroment
Cons
Don't promote within
Decent place to work for a while
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 9, 2018
I was on temp assignment that was extended for several more weeks before lack of work resulted in the end of my time there. I liked the company's leadership overall.
Great Place to Work
Senior Finance Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 3, 2018
Day to day Account Payable functions and responsible for monitoring the daily activiites of the accounts payable department. Team working and morale was great
Enthusiastic Company
Quality Assurance Analyst - Contract Work (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 2, 2018
Everyone who works at the Advsiory Board, whether they are in sales or development is very enthusiastic about the company itself. The sales department feels like an extention of college but beyond that department, everyone is friendly and excited to work for the company.
Great Entry Level Position
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 1, 2018
This is a great place to cut your consulting chops but the work is very heavily based on managing software systems and management is out of touch with the daily work of its employees.
Pros
Will gain great professional skills
Cons
Too much time spent managing software
nope
Sr. Consultant, Consulting and Management Division (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 19, 2018
not interested in providing a review of the company at this point in time. All i can say is that it was a good company to work for, i was surprised when my position was eliminated.
Implementation and Support Data Analyst
Data Engineer (Remote Employee) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 14, 2018
Implementation and Support Data Analyst
Database Developer
Strong SQL/PL-SQL/Unix scripting
Fast paced environment
Team Collaboration
Tremendous communication between teams
Too many changes
WEB DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 14, 2018
I joined the company at a tumultuous time and that was reflected in all aspects of the company. Company was recently acquired so culture is bound to be vastly different than what it once was, but maybe it will have a bit more of a direction now.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No organizational direction
Fast-paced environment for young professionals
Sales and Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2018
Typically workday is very challenging and fast-paced. Goals set weekly and monthly. Management can be weak with young professionals. Strong sense of culture.
Productive, fun place to work.
Revenue Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 27, 2018
Working for The Advisory Board Company was an excellent experience. I learned so much, and the co-workers were helpful and easy to get along with. I started without a lot of experience, but since I am a very quick learner, and the people who I worked with taught me what I needed to know, my position took off.
The ability to work from home was such a wonderful experience. It is truly sad that the contract wasn't renewed.
Pros
Paid time off, pick you own schedule, fun work environment, great co-workers.
Cons
none.
Good Place to start your career
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 23, 2018
Good place to start your career, but hard to move up professionally unless you're able to crack into the "old boys club" at the top. Stay for a couple years and then move on to a company that's willing to pay you more.
Culture is great
Director (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 13, 2018
Office culture is great and employees work hard for a mission they believe in. Unclear what culture will look like under Optum but hopeful that each individual team can maintain their own culture.
N/a
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2018
company is being acquired for a reason. good work/life balance but sold a lot more than could deliver and did not have any diversity in the workplace.
Great place
Director (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DCFebruary 2, 2018
The company is undergoing much change. It will be interesting to see how the Optum acquisition goes and what changes at the company - both staff, leadership, and vision.
Great
Sr. Director, Corporate Strategy (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 1, 2018
The company has a great culture and work-life balance. It recently got acquired, therefore there is alot of change, which makes the company difficult to continue to work with. However, I believe it is a wonderful company and opportunity.
Fun young culture with a lot of bright people
Terrain Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2018
The Advisory Board is in the middle of an integration process with Optum so things have been shaken up quite a bit. Prior to it was a very enjoyable workplace with fun intelligent people in every department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Advisory Board Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

60out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Advisory Board Company.

Powered by Comparably