The Aerospace Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good work-life balance, fosters learning opportunities
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 4, 2018
Corporation encourages inclusiveness and diversity. There are many courses offered through Aerospace University and online, through Lynda.com. There's a good work-life balance and management is understanding of schedule conflicts and outside demands.
Pros
On-site classes, great benefits
Cons
None really
Audio Visual Producer
Senior Industrial Artist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 13, 2018
The best company I have ever worked for. Every day we were challenged to learn new concepts and put highly technical information into a format that was easily understood.
Excellent company that provided opportunities for employees with a good work/life balance.
Admin Assistant/Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 27, 2018
During my time at The Aerospace I was fortunate to learn many new skills while improving the ones that I already possessed.
I was able to meet new people and gain new experiences as well.
This Corporation does many great things
Employee (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 9, 2018
This Corporation does many great and important things in its scientific and technical efforts. I so admire the technical work that they do as it is so important to this country.
So far I am enjoying the work
Director Avionics Systems and Software Department (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 8, 2018
I am used to a more hands on role with respect to hardware. Learning about my team and my role within the management structure has been slow, but that is primarily because everyone is extremely busy.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Work Schedule
Cons
Role is more removed from actual hardware.
Aerospace Corp. El Segundo
Admin. Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 19, 2018
Excellent company and great working conditions and benefits.
Opportunities for advancement. Highly recommend. South bay area.
Vanpooling opportunities for people who commute.
An old company, struggling with demographics and technically challenged workforce
Sr. Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 28, 2018
Once an extremely prestigious research institute, known for senior and experienced scientists, is now managed by tradition and old technologies. Multiple managers and senior personnel were unfamiliar with common email, calendar, teleconferencing, and spreadsheet tools. Peer reviews on technical work were performed by non-subject matter experts. Went through 3 managers in 18 months, and a simultaneous turnover of 4 layers of management. Replacement management had little to no domain knowledge over current programs.
Although an attempt at diversity is made, the commitment to traditional role-playing and seniority interferes with the adoption of new technologies and inclusive behavior.
Benefits
Cons
Diversity
Hostorically Great Company, Unclear Future
Member of Technical Staff (MTS) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 18, 2018
It has been a great experience working at The Aerospace Corporation, however local cost of living and uncertain future will make it hard to stay. The company is trying to adapt to the changing industry, but it may be a bumpy road.
After CEO change company has changed
Hvac tech specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  El segundoMarch 1, 2018
They changed retirement and started letting go of long time employees it was a bad place to work for the last few years. It use to be a career and turned into a job with no advancement.
Pros
Na
Cons
Poor management
Good benefits poor increases
Systems Administrator III (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Benefits and flexible hours are good, if you are ready to make less money every year compared to cost of living increases., Recently they seem to be trying to replace the employees with contractors, at least the IT staff.
Pros
Alternative work schedule. Health and Life benefits.
Cons
Poor raise increases
Used to be great...not so much anymore
Driver/Mover and Acting Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 25, 2018
I started working at The Aerospace Corp in 2007 and at that time it felt as if they valued its employees. In just 10 short years, that feeling is gone. Everyone walks around on eggshells as the company is going through major changes. The feeling of job security no longer exists as they are constantly making changes and letting people go. The company is taking away more than it is giving to employees (benefits, time-off). Management is clueless and it's more important for them to come up with ridiculous work terms like "velocity" than to take care of the people who bring value to the company. They also make horrible videos with the executive leadership trying to bring morale to the company but to most it is considered a waste of company money that could be used better. I DEFINATELY would NOT recommend working here, even to my worst enemy.
Pros
980 schedule
Cons
Management, Nepitism, Clueless Executives
Shoot your career in the foot
Computer Systems Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Pay is significantly under market here. Promotion is based on longevity, not ability. There is a significant old boys' club here. On the plus side, it's almost impossible to get fired.
Aerospace Workday
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 22, 2018
The company is great to work for. The only downfall is if we have a Govt shutdown you will not get paid. Friendly management and colleagues. You get to work with the Air Force.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
location
Inventory Team Lead/Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 7, 2018
I was a desktop support technician and the users were very polite to work with. Unfortunately, I was working under a contract that ended and a lot of us ended up living.
Pros
Nice place to work if you are an employee.
Good work life balance
Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VADecember 20, 2017
A good stable place to work advising government on major technical development programs. Company benefits are quite good along with a good work-life balance.
some great perks but horrible human resources department
Non Technical Staff (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 7, 2017
The 90/8 work week is an amazing perk and many of the people who work there are very talented, but I found I had to check my ethics at the door in order to tolerate the treatment I witnessed of multiple people by an assistant general manager and a department head. Human Resources was aware of this behavior and did nothing. It was very disheartening.
Pros
9/80 work week
Cons
Abuse of peers
Great place to innovate!
Graphic Design Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 5, 2017
Great workplace environment with great people and benefits. A good place to generate ideas and learn from seasoned engineers.
In the heart of the south bay.
Pros
Creative
Cons
Traffic
Excellent Place
Sr. Security Rep/Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 30, 2017
Management was great. Very supportive.
Excellent education opportunities.
Excellent growth potential
Lots of team building events
Cohesive teams.
Annual Security and Safety fair events
Fast pace
Senior Project Engineer - IRRT (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 21, 2017
Attending daily technical reviews and meeting with contractors and customers. Training SETA support staff in how to conduct Pedigree reviews and report results founded and inputting information a data base for history.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Normally not paid for hours worked over 40 hours
High tech, productive, well balanced place to work.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 29, 2017
It was the best job I ever had, it proved that quote, "If you do something you like, you will never work a day in your life".
It's a high tech job with plenty of opportunities for advancement through school, meetings, or seminars. Everybody will help you when you need it.
Pros
clubs and weekend activities for the employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Aerospace Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight