The Aerospace Corporation Employee Reviews

Laid back, great place to do research
Thermostructures Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Worked as an intern. They have great work life balance, and care a lot about cultivating employees skills and helping them find a place they can succeed. It's a nonprofit which helps. Encouraged to dig deep into technical challenges rather than churning out results as quickly as possible. Less compensation than nearby companies, but pay is still plenty. You just don't get things like stock options. Sick time is minimal for interns but unlimited for full time staff, no benefits at all for interns.
Pros
Work life balance, freedom to do research
Cons
Absolutely no benefits for interns, not even health insurance
Slow-Paced and poor management in Metrology Department.
Clerical Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 16, 2019
The environment seems ok at first in the Metrology department but it becomes stressful. Managers will pile on work loads and expect things to get done in a timely manner but will continuously have morning meetings which consumes half of the day. Once upset they will keep nit-picking at every thing you do. I can only speak for the Metrology department.
Excellent company to work for
Senior Budget Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 11, 2019
Excellent company to work for. Have enjoyed job security due to the fact that hard work and commitment to the job are recognized and fairly rewarded. Management fair and work culture is changing for the better. For the most part, friendly co-workers and most like family.
good place to work but slow paced
Contractor (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 28, 2018
Working in the contract position, I was limited on what I could do. My manager and co-workers were great to work with. I was looking for a more permanent position.
Great Organization
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CADecember 26, 2018
This was a great company to work for. Leadership changed and so did the integrity. Departments downsized, and the employee moral was at an all time low.
Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2018
The Aerospace Corporation experience was overall a relaxing, non-stressful work environment. Only issues that were of concern was the lack of competitiveness, minimal advancement within the administrative field, and the pay was not substantial enough to retain my services.
Good place for retired workers
Sr. IA Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 27, 2018
Not a good place for a high cost of living location, but for retired workers, it's a good place. Benefits are average, but salary is low compared to most competitors
Exciting and Enjoyable Workplace
Propulsion Science Undergraduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2018
As a Federally Funded Research Development Center and a non-profit corporation, the Aerospace Corporation is removed from the the urgency that is found in the rest of the space industry. That doesn't mean that they lose productivity, but it does mean that they are allowed to focus on the importance of the research itself instead of the profit margins. I enjoyed my time there and would gladly return!
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Goddard, MDSeptember 20, 2018
Driven senior systems engineering professional with comprehensive accomplishments leading aerospace design, telecommunications, systems integration and cross-functional teams to ensure success and achieve goals. Known as an innovative thinker with strong aviation, satellite, telecommunications, military and vehicle design acumen. Demonstrated success developing and seamlessly executing plans in complex, secure organizational structures. Recognized for maximizing performance by implementing appropriate project management strategies through analysis of details to gain understanding of the system architectures, emerging issues and best practices. Highly organized, creative problem solver who excels at guiding teams through challenging projects by identifying goals. Expertise includes developing and managing multimillion dollar projects and advising C-level executives.
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CA 90245September 19, 2018
The culture of work place is not satisfactory to majority of us. Management is very poor to most of us. A lot of the culture are either senseless or illogical.
Pros
Most work are government work
Cons
A lot of discrimination that does not favor the government at the end of the day.
Great place to work at!
Sr. Reprographic Key Operator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 18, 2018
Open my copy room. Get ready for the customers. Clean copy machines. Re-stock paper supply. Put computer on. I learn how take a order form, and complete the job as per requested. I would call customers. Letting them know that their job is ready. With a smile. I would hand over their job to them. After they sign the form. I release the job to them. Ready for the next job to be done. A lot of stress at this place, but I do understand why! It's just another day in the life of working at a government job site. I have to say it is very interesting on what they do at these government job sites. Makes me feel proud to be an American!
Pros
Learning all the time!
Cons
Very stressful!
good company
Security Representative/Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 14, 2018
small company, does great work for space programs. Company has longevity, and people stay employed for years. good benefits, 403K retirement, credit union...
Good work-life balance, fosters learning opportunities
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 4, 2018
Corporation encourages inclusiveness and diversity. There are many courses offered through Aerospace University and online, through Lynda.com. There's a good work-life balance and management is understanding of schedule conflicts and outside demands.
Pros
On-site classes, great benefits
Cons
None really
Audio Visual Producer
Senior Industrial Artist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 13, 2018
The best company I have ever worked for. Every day we were challenged to learn new concepts and put highly technical information into a format that was easily understood.
Excellent company that provided opportunities for employees with a good work/life balance.
Admin Assistant/Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 27, 2018
During my time at The Aerospace I was fortunate to learn many new skills while improving the ones that I already possessed.
I was able to meet new people and gain new experiences as well.
This Corporation does many great things
Employee (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 9, 2018
This Corporation does many great and important things in its scientific and technical efforts. I so admire the technical work that they do as it is so important to this country.
So far I am enjoying the work
Director Avionics Systems and Software Department (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 8, 2018
I am used to a more hands on role with respect to hardware. Learning about my team and my role within the management structure has been slow, but that is primarily because everyone is extremely busy.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Work Schedule
Cons
Role is more removed from actual hardware.
Aerospace Corp. El Segundo
Admin. Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 19, 2018
Excellent company and great working conditions and benefits.
Opportunities for advancement. Highly recommend. South bay area.
Vanpooling opportunities for people who commute.
An old company, struggling with demographics and technically challenged workforce
Sr. Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 28, 2018
Once an extremely prestigious research institute, known for senior and experienced scientists, is now managed by tradition and old technologies. Multiple managers and senior personnel were unfamiliar with common email, calendar, teleconferencing, and spreadsheet tools. Peer reviews on technical work were performed by non-subject matter experts. Went through 3 managers in 18 months, and a simultaneous turnover of 4 layers of management. Replacement management had little to no domain knowledge over current programs.
Although an attempt at diversity is made, the commitment to traditional role-playing and seniority interferes with the adoption of new technologies and inclusive behavior.
Benefits
Cons
Diversity
Hostorically Great Company, Unclear Future
Member of Technical Staff (MTS) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 18, 2018
It has been a great experience working at The Aerospace Corporation, however local cost of living and uncertain future will make it hard to stay. The company is trying to adapt to the changing industry, but it may be a bumpy road.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Aerospace Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight