The Aerospace Corporation

The Aerospace Corporation Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA16 reviews
I did an internship here several summers ago. My managers were great! They were supportive and helpful. I got to learn alot about AWS and most of the the stuff was top secret so we were just developing applications with potential scenarios.
Aerospace values experience and has and older, experienced workforce. There is a good corporate culture, and they are tied to the success of the US Government.
A typical day in the office was pretty relaxed hours that you could flex when you come into the office. You could go outside and get some air whenever you wanted to focus better. Learned a lot with regards to getting assistance/help from different people and just interactions in general with people. Supervision was also not too hectic as they would check on me from time to time giving me my time and space as is part of the friendly workplace culture. The hardest part of the job was just slowly picking up the technical aspects as part of my responsibility. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I finally understood the concepts behind my work efforts and was able to successfully run/simulate my technical work aspects and show it off to my supervisor.
Pros
no fixed-time lunches, time to go outside and get some fresh air
Cons
long commute drive
I was a desktop support technician and the users were very polite to work with. Unfortunately, I was working under a contract that ended and a lot of us ended up living.
Pros
Nice place to work if you are an employee.
A good stable place to work advising government on major technical development programs. Company benefits are quite good along with a good work-life balance.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The company provides a stable career where you can make an impact that is extremely meaningful. If you want to do technical work for very good, though not outstanding, compensation, this could be the place for you. However, the organization is very flat and managers tend to stay in place for a long time so, there is extremely limited potential to move up the ladder.
Great corporation to work for; however, communication needs much improvement especially in the security environment. The corporation offers plenty of resources for learning and the benefits package offered is great all around.
In a typical day, I am given the space and freedom to complete my daily tasks with minimal interruptions. I get in at 6:30 am, check and answer email, outline my daily tasks, and set dates and times with co-workers to complete said tasks. Through working here I have learned self discipline and to be self sufficient in the work place, and to be productive without the need to be micro-managed. Our managers are top notch, accessible, and always available to provide guidance and help. It can be a very laid back environment to work in, but can also be extremely hectic depending on the time of year. The most difficult parts of the job are complying with government and corporate property audits and tagging and tracking equipment using the guidelines set by the Federal Acquisitions Regulation manual (FAR). The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom I am granted to complete my tasks at the pace I choose within set deadlines.
Pros
Recreational time, ping pong tables, clean facilities, fitness center, benefits, compensation
While there is a stable and secure work environment, there is little room for growth and advancement. People stay in their jobs for long periods of time and once you hit your ceiling, the only was to advance is to wait till someone retirees or you leave the company.
Pros
Stable place to work
Cons
Salary is not compatible with current market, company is CA based
Excellent organization overall if you are inclined to the sort of desk work that the majority of employees perform. Hands-on work is limited to a few departments. In terms of stability and job security, management, and work-life balance, Aerospace is at the top of the charts.
Longest tenure of employees of any company I've ever worked for. Promote employees to change positions throughout the company for new challenges. Ever changing with technology.
I worked in several different departments while working at Aerospace. I learned a lot. My last job was Regional Office Coordinator and I worked in the Customer Service Division of EIS.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
30 min lunch
I work in Customer Service with Customer Service. I assist other employees when they have computer or IT issues. I love my manager that I support. I think the hardest part I had to learn was not to take people's ranting personal that it was just part of my job.
Pros
Security Clearance
It is the prefect place work and I am still saying that after I was laid off. They gave me wonderful support, financial and otherwise, for months after the lay off. I enjoyed my 6 years there immensely and am trying to go back there.
Pros
Pension, Retiree Medical, unlimited sick leave, superb 401K with non-matching employer contribution, flexible hours
Cons
Almost a fourth of this company has their doctorates in engineering or equivalent. It's a highly technical and important company - a great place to work if you're an engineer. But it can be extremely demeaning if you are a somewhat intuitive part of the support staff, which includes graphic artists. It's not uncommon to hear a manager describe the support as "gophers".
Pros
highly technical and important company. great for engineers or equivalent.
Cons
an extreme, condescending attitude toward the support staff can be felt before it is heard.
Working for Andrews International has been quite of an experience, I personally like working for our customer at The Aerospace Corporation. They keep us well informed and well trained in the aspect of special and national security.
Pros
excellent customer- the aerospace corporation
Cons
insufficent medical benefits, no career advancement, poor salary even with a security clearance