The Aerospace Corporation Employee Reviews

Administrative Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2018
The Aerospace Corporation experience was overall a relaxing, non-stressful work environment. Only issues that were of concern was the lack of competitiveness, minimal advancement within the administrative field, and the pay was not substantial enough to retain my services.
Good place for retired workers
Sr. IA Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 27, 2018
Not a good place for a high cost of living location, but for retired workers, it's a good place. Benefits are average, but salary is low compared to most competitors
Exciting and Enjoyable Workplace
Propulsion Science Undergraduate Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2018
As a Federally Funded Research Development Center and a non-profit corporation, the Aerospace Corporation is removed from the the urgency that is found in the rest of the space industry. That doesn't mean that they lose productivity, but it does mean that they are allowed to focus on the importance of the research itself instead of the profit margins. I enjoyed my time there and would gladly return!
Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Goddard, MDSeptember 20, 2018
Driven senior systems engineering professional with comprehensive accomplishments leading aerospace design, telecommunications, systems integration and cross-functional teams to ensure success and achieve goals. Known as an innovative thinker with strong aviation, satellite, telecommunications, military and vehicle design acumen. Demonstrated success developing and seamlessly executing plans in complex, secure organizational structures. Recognized for maximizing performance by implementing appropriate project management strategies through analysis of details to gain understanding of the system architectures, emerging issues and best practices. Highly organized, creative problem solver who excels at guiding teams through challenging projects by identifying goals. Expertise includes developing and managing multimillion dollar projects and advising C-level executives.
Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CA 90245September 19, 2018
The culture of work place is not satisfactory to majority of us. Management is very poor to most of us. A lot of the culture are either senseless or illogical.
Pros
Most work are government work
Cons
A lot of discrimination that does not favor the government at the end of the day.
Great place to work at!
Sr. Reprographic Key Operator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 18, 2018
Open my copy room. Get ready for the customers. Clean copy machines. Re-stock paper supply. Put computer on. I learn how take a order form, and complete the job as per requested. I would call customers. Letting them know that their job is ready. With a smile. I would hand over their job to them. After they sign the form. I release the job to them. Ready for the next job to be done. A lot of stress at this place, but I do understand why! It's just another day in the life of working at a government job site. I have to say it is very interesting on what they do at these government job sites. Makes me feel proud to be an American!
Pros
Learning all the time!
Cons
Very stressful!
good company
Security Representative/Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 14, 2018
small company, does great work for space programs. Company has longevity, and people stay employed for years. good benefits, 403K retirement, credit union...
Good work-life balance, fosters learning opportunities
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 4, 2018
Corporation encourages inclusiveness and diversity. There are many courses offered through Aerospace University and online, through Lynda.com. There's a good work-life balance and management is understanding of schedule conflicts and outside demands.
Pros
On-site classes, great benefits
Cons
None really
Audio Visual Producer
Senior Industrial Artist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 13, 2018
The best company I have ever worked for. Every day we were challenged to learn new concepts and put highly technical information into a format that was easily understood.
Excellent company that provided opportunities for employees with a good work/life balance.
Admin Assistant/Service Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 27, 2018
During my time at The Aerospace I was fortunate to learn many new skills while improving the ones that I already possessed.
I was able to meet new people and gain new experiences as well.
This Corporation does many great things
Employee (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJune 9, 2018
This Corporation does many great and important things in its scientific and technical efforts. I so admire the technical work that they do as it is so important to this country.
So far I am enjoying the work
Director Avionics Systems and Software Department (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMay 8, 2018
I am used to a more hands on role with respect to hardware. Learning about my team and my role within the management structure has been slow, but that is primarily because everyone is extremely busy.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Work Schedule
Cons
Role is more removed from actual hardware.
Aerospace Corp. El Segundo
Admin. Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAApril 19, 2018
Excellent company and great working conditions and benefits.
Opportunities for advancement. Highly recommend. South bay area.
Vanpooling opportunities for people who commute.
An old company, struggling with demographics and technically challenged workforce
Sr. Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 28, 2018
Once an extremely prestigious research institute, known for senior and experienced scientists, is now managed by tradition and old technologies. Multiple managers and senior personnel were unfamiliar with common email, calendar, teleconferencing, and spreadsheet tools. Peer reviews on technical work were performed by non-subject matter experts. Went through 3 managers in 18 months, and a simultaneous turnover of 4 layers of management. Replacement management had little to no domain knowledge over current programs.
Although an attempt at diversity is made, the commitment to traditional role-playing and seniority interferes with the adoption of new technologies and inclusive behavior.
Benefits
Cons
Diversity
Hostorically Great Company, Unclear Future
Member of Technical Staff (MTS) (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 18, 2018
It has been a great experience working at The Aerospace Corporation, however local cost of living and uncertain future will make it hard to stay. The company is trying to adapt to the changing industry, but it may be a bumpy road.
After CEO change company has changed
Hvac tech specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  El segundoMarch 1, 2018
They changed retirement and started letting go of long time employees it was a bad place to work for the last few years. It use to be a career and turned into a job with no advancement.
Pros
Na
Cons
Poor management
Good benefits poor increases
Systems Administrator III (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 23, 2018
Benefits and flexible hours are good, if you are ready to make less money every year compared to cost of living increases., Recently they seem to be trying to replace the employees with contractors, at least the IT staff.
Pros
Alternative work schedule. Health and Life benefits.
Cons
Poor raise increases
Used to be great...not so much anymore
Driver/Mover and Acting Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 25, 2018
I started working at The Aerospace Corp in 2007 and at that time it felt as if they valued its employees. In just 10 short years, that feeling is gone. Everyone walks around on eggshells as the company is going through major changes. The feeling of job security no longer exists as they are constantly making changes and letting people go. The company is taking away more than it is giving to employees (benefits, time-off). Management is clueless and it's more important for them to come up with ridiculous work terms like "velocity" than to take care of the people who bring value to the company. They also make horrible videos with the executive leadership trying to bring morale to the company but to most it is considered a waste of company money that could be used better. I DEFINATELY would NOT recommend working here, even to my worst enemy.
Pros
980 schedule
Cons
Management, Nepitism, Clueless Executives
Shoot your career in the foot
Computer Systems Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Pay is significantly under market here. Promotion is based on longevity, not ability. There is a significant old boys' club here. On the plus side, it's almost impossible to get fired.
Aerospace Workday
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 22, 2018
The company is great to work for. The only downfall is if we have a Govt shutdown you will not get paid. Friendly management and colleagues. You get to work with the Air Force.
Pros
Interesting
Cons
location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Aerospace Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight