The Alden Network Employee Reviews

Poor management and workers don’t do a good job with clients
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILMay 15, 2019
This place is very sad. The patients don’t get adequate care and nothing is done about workers not being better because they don’t want to pay more money and hire workers that care enough to do well. Most need to get fired but they will fire the good people/ workers to keep the bad ones for a strange reason. The politics and game playing is disgusting- I would never have my family member stay here. I have seen aids not feed patients and the case managers don't do anything about it because they rather be cool with the young aids. They need to hire more experienced, ethical, and caring people. Workers that know you want to make a difference and make things better for the company and patients will lie and sabotage you to get you fired so they can stick around and take advantage of their position and get away with what they do bad.
Low staff all the time
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 24, 2019
I had yo take care for 15 patients aomwtiemes wvwn more
Low salary...not a team work place.
Unfair treatment ro staff
Dont care about their employees....
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad place...
Nurse - Sub Acute
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 15, 2019
No training what so ever (at least for night shift - sub acute). The facility looks decent and clean (house keeping is great), but always short CNA's and nurses. I wouldn't recommend this place at all. Also, you are required to wear white scrubs and they do not have direct deposit.
amazing opportunity in a relaxed environment
Activity Aide (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 3, 2019
This job was probably the best job I ever had!

Days are filled with activities for the residents, which are always fun and engaging. Everyone that works in activities is super friendly--I can't speak for the CNAs. Laughing, crying, and building friendships with the residents is the best part of this job. Enrichment for both your life and the lives of the residents is sure to come! The hardest part of the job is saying goodbye at the end of the day, or saying goodbye to a resident going home. This job is comfortable and routine, but every day is filled with fun, and it never feels like work.
Pros
free lunches, lots of down time, fun activities
Cons
sometimes too slow-paced
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 27, 2019
Alden Debes is one of the many Alden Network nursing facilities. It has the friendliest staff. Everyone is willing to help out and the management has gotten on the floor multiple times to help out when we were running a little short. I love working here.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay, high shift differential, friendly atmosphere, shedule flexibility
Cons
None that i can think of
Total Drama Island
Just an Employer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2019
I have never worked someplace where pettiness, bullying & gossip runs so rampant among MANAGEMENT!!
The favoritism is unlike anything I've ever seen before. Retaliation seems to be the in thing when you try to have a voice of your own & don't fall in line to kiss butt. Not all of management is like this but enough are to make work life miserable from Housekeeping all the way to Nursing & Social Services.
They seem to be more concerned with everyone being uniformed in white from to toe rather than addressing the issues of the ignorant & disrespectful people they have "in charge" of their departments.
The only silver linings are the residents & fellow co-workers!
Pros
The residents
Cons
pettiness, unnecessary drama
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, ILFebruary 26, 2019
I worked at Alden Estates of Shorewood. I think it was a good place to work. It was fast paced and the day flew by. They really made you feel like you were making an impact in the patients lives because you were. While providing care to talking with them, you knew you made a difference. The managers help on the floor. They make you feel like youre part of a team.
Pros
Free lunches, teamwork, enriching the lives of your patients
Cons
busy all the time but thats what work is
Fast pace but productive workplace
Clinical Fieldwork, Level II (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILFebruary 25, 2019
As an intern in the rehab facility all the disciplines collaborate very well to achieve the clients goals. This was a fast pace setting, but productive and rewarding!
Do Not Work Here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, ILFebruary 22, 2019
Management was very bad. They always say they will help but when we are short staffed (which is like everyday) and needed help they were no where to be found. They always have call offs and there are no disciplinary actions being taken to handle the call offs. They had alot of good employees but they always seem to give the hard working people the hardest time and the lazy ones get away with everything. We get 30 minute breaks for 8 hour shifts but if your gone for hours mostlikely you will not get introuble. At the end of my time working there which made my decision to leave easy was the amount of bullying and gossip. Theres always so much drama and everyone treats eachother poorly. It became a poor environment to work in from compared to when i first started. I had 3 DON in the matter of a year and this last one i have had did not keep personal information to herself and everyone new my personal business. There is no privacy. Lastly, there are alot of people who will vape and smoke inside the building and you can smell that and other illegal herbs on workers or in the basement hallways. It because more of a highschool environment and unprofessional. I did not want to lose my license so i left.
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
Management, coworkers
Bad Management
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2019
Management is very bad. Staffing is always extremely short even during shifts that several people are staying over for overtime. Management does not help on the floor. They can not get staffing under control because of how they treat people. If you are the rehab aide they will pull you to the floor and to go on escorts all the time. They will threaten to fire you over anything like if you can not go on an escort because you need to be back at a certain time.
Pros
Free lunch Sometimes
Cons
Very short staffed constantly
Relaxed work space but unorganized
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 22, 2019
Alden was a relaxed place to work but majority of the time they were unorganized the management was always in meeting so we really didn't know who to go to if they weren't there
Pros
Overtime after 8 hours a day
Cons
Unorganized
Good job but lack of staffing
Hospitality Aide (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIJanuary 18, 2019
Working at Alden was very routine, the days were very similar. The days consisted of passing water at the beginning of the shift then serving dinner, doing dishes and then laundry and stocking rooms. On occasional days we would do puzzles or help residents move things or call home. There was a lack of employees which made the job a lot harder and was not beneficial for the residents who did not get all the care they could have got with a full staff. A large group of management quit on the same day leaving the business in shambles having to find new management at a moments notice.
Pros
people skills, routine, caring for individuals, stable hours
Cons
Lack of employees, Management issues
The Alden Network
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hoffman Estates, ILJanuary 17, 2019
Great place to work and explore career opportunities, always an exciting day. Never a late start, always a great day. I wish it was like this at every nursing home
Pros
gfree food
Provided the experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Barrington, ILJanuary 5, 2019
The patient ratios were relatively appropriate in the beginning once the DON and all other upper nurse management left the entire dynamic changed. Nurses were working extended periods (16-18 hrs) there was no support. The CNA workers were union and would not assist or support the nurses beyond their minimal expectations. No support was given from management when there were staff shortages.
noting to say
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  210 W. wentworthDecember 30, 2018
i have noting to say about Alden it is a job I'm trying to move on from looking for a better work place that i can grow in the work feel. it a housekeeping job you have to clean up after the residence and sometime the staff as a housekeeper it feels like you get no respect
Good co workers, severely understaffed
Resident Care Giver (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIDecember 26, 2018
The co workers were the reason I came back to work everyday. We were extremely understaffed at all times, and the residents would be so livid- and the sad part was that I couldn't blame them.
Constantly short staffed due to hourly wages only $9.50 per hour
Hourly employee (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILDecember 26, 2018
-Poor/ lack of management. Management always gossiping about hourly employees.
- never promote from with- in company
- toxic place to work
- cant keep adequate staff. Such a high turn over
Pros
Decent amount of time for break allowed
Cons
Always short staffed
Hostile work environment
Frontline (Former Employee) –  Huntley, ILDecember 26, 2018
Management made a big deal about saying everyone on staff is a "team", but that was only true when state came in and they were nervous about getting any tags.
There were a handful of really amazing workers, but majority of them did not act in respectful and professional ways.
Pros
Love the residents, free "daily" lunches/left over food from resident meals
Cons
Poor communication and follow-through from management, over-worked, under-staffed, underpaid, and under-appreciated
Toxic Culture
Assistant Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, WIDecember 10, 2018
-Was unable to be successful in role hired into related to need to staff the households based on open positions
-Hours hired into for role were changed midway into my tenure by DON
-Poor vacation benefits
-No work life balance
-Pay competitive for role hired into
-Unprofessional behavior by front line staff allowed to continue
-Beautiful campus
-Supplies and equipment adequate
-Long travel to time to reach facility from home
Pros
Free lunches and Uniforms provided
Cons
Poor and Unsafe staffing levels, Poor Leadership - Lack of support and follow through
it noamal day to day work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 5, 2018
it was good and some days not so good days . all part of any jobs it the way of lite but we do what to make it.management good .the hardest part was to see to many managers come and go.
Pros
15 min breaks 30min lunchs
Cons
working when short staff