The Allure Group Employee Reviews

Former employee at Harlem CC
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2019
If you value your license DO NOT work here, high productivity is expected of you everyday in order to comply with corporate regulations. There’s absolutely no mentorship and no supervision. Upper management is only concern with billing and keeping appearance normal in order for the state not to shut them down. The gym is barely equipped to treat patients. Requesting days off is always met with opposition from management due to lack of coverage. There are only a few floating laptops to write notes and are usually always in use by PTs & OTRs doing Evals. There’s no stability at this SNF.
Run as fast as you can
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYDecember 3, 2018
Absolutely the worst place ever!!! Talk about lack of care for the patients smh. So much patient verbal abuse going on and nothing being done about it. Very sad. Nurses so into running the show that they are unable to see when patients become ill. If you have any self integrity you would not work for this company.
Pros
Not even one
Cons
The turnover is terrible. Too many bosses not enough workers
Worst place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 24, 2018
Please stay away from allure especially linden center...The administration hate black ppl,that witch is racist,disrespectful and have no manners....They treat ppl like slaves...The pay is garbage...
One word is to run away
Nursing (Former Employee) –  LindenOctober 22, 2018
They need to change the whole entire administration. Management need to value and appreciate when they have good employees. They also need to offer training and certifications for their employees. Offer good benefits like 401 k and match it
Cons
Literally the worst job I ever had.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2018
They do not care about patients, only money.
Corporate supervisors are rude and unprofessional.
A lot of work and stress and very little pay.
Do not work here.
You can grow with Allure
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 23, 2018
I began working with allure after 2 years at another SNF and I've learned so much about Occupational Therapy and the SNF world since beginning in February 2014. If you are a new grad or just a new staff member, there will be plenty of support to guide you and help you learn. The director is very approachable and will meet with you to provide guidance or help answer questions. Management offers CEU's and training for their new equipment like e-stim, ultrasound, diathermy, etc. A lot of the equipment is new and the gym is a beautiful place to work. The company promotes from within and there is room for career development. Overall, I've been happy in my 4 years working with allure and would recommend it to any therapist looking for a new place to call home.
Pros
Easy communcation with management, guidance, rehab staff is welcoming, interesting therapy cases.
Cons
A 401K would be great!
Great pleace to learn and see innovation/technology in health care
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Harlem CenterAugust 20, 2018
I have been in health care for 15 + years and I have worked at several other places. No one place is perfect but Allure is great because they are consistently trying to improve the quality of what they do. They are a company that believes in innovation and quality. I highly recommend this company if you are looking to grow and learn.
Pros
Innovative, teaching organization, nurturing leaders
VERY relaxed
COTA/L PRN (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYJune 26, 2018
As in, staff sits around in the PM. Not enough laptops and when you approach therapists who are clearly texting/sleeping/bored- "I'm using it." Internet problems. PEOPLE problems- the "lead" OT saw it fit to prescribe diathermy to everyone. Even cancer pts. So clearly, no actual mentorship. Anytime I tried to get guidance, I had things- progress reports, recerts, insurance updates- delegated to me.

This is supposed to be WHY the lead OT has less productivity. COTAs are higher % so OTs don't have to be. I watched a lot of new grads struggle and then pretend everything was fine so as to "fit in". I have 10+ years experience
Pros
Nice gym, approachable director
Cons
Unprofessional, very young staff runs the show
Ok Place to Work
Management (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 21, 2017
Work was for the most part very stressful. Some of the upper management always belittle the employees. You never feel appreciated or recognized for the good work that has been done, but always get called out for the not so good things that may happen. The hardest thing about working here was having to deal with rude and disrespectful management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Allure Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2