The American College of Radiology

Working at The American College of Radiology: 39 Reviews

United States39 reviews

benefitworkingcompanygreatworkdayenjoypeople

The culture is without par at ACR

ACR is designated as a Great Place to Work and it is. The benefits and culture are excellent. I have worked at ACR for almost 6 years and would not consider working somewhere else.

It's a great place to work!

I really enjoy my work and my team at ACR. People work hard, and the goals of our work are clearly delineated. Summer Fridays are an amazing perk, even when salary levels aren't exactly commensurate with what other companies are paying. Flexibility is a cornerstone of working at ACR, and I appreciate that.

The American College of Radiology insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Productive and fun workplace with co-workers

desire to experiment and find new ways of achieving goals, out of the box thinking and personal involvement is unparalleled. grateful to be a member of ACR.

Fun workplace

I love working at ACR, people are great. Besides the politics I love my job. I they provide job development and plenty of sick and vacation days. Workplace culture they provide tons of treats, not my thing tho.

Excellent place, great people

I would still be here but I moved. ACR is an amazing place where you can learn, grow and enjoy what you do every day that you come in to work. The benefits are great!

Acr

If you're interested in non-stressful professionalism, then you've hit the jackpot! Stay put, great things are on the horizon!

Workers are great

The individuals performing the day to day work, making the organization run in the background were all very knowledgeable and friendly. Your teammates are willing to assist you with whatever issue you are running into.

Medical research company, easy company and very relaxed,

Did Data entry, Filing, For Cancer Research Company, gave us 2 weeks vacation after 1 year of service. the most enjoyable part of the job was 1 hour lunch break so you can go outside and take a break

It was an amazing workspace with a diverse and inclusive group of people from all ages and previous experiences

Working at ACR was very encouraging and collaborative. I have the opportunity to work with intelligent people who are such great role models and were very compassionate

great place to work

Friendly working environment, nice office, flexible hours and be able to work remote. Great benefits and Paid Time Off. Opportunities for self starters to learn and grow.

It was a good place to work

ACR was a place I started at as a temp many years ago. I was eventually hired there, and through hard work I was able to advance there from one department to another, picking up skills that helped me get future jobs. I'm still friendly with people there even though it has been many years since I left.

Collaborative place to work with great colleagues

Very understanding and always willing to give new experiences for an intern. Very easy to work with, with great colleagues and activities to promote friendships.

Great staff to work with!

I worked at ACR as a contractor for 6 months and the atmosphere was great. No issues with staff as they are very accommodating. My only issue was that beware of working as a contractor as the contract can be subject to change depending on the status of funding and available projects.

Pros

Great staff t work for and the teams work as a family.

Cons

Being a contractor can be tricky so beware if you work as a contractor., Make sure you know what is going on at the company.

ACR is awesome

ACR is a great place to work with excellent benefits. We have a 7.5 hour work day and a lunch break is required. Promotions are management driven, so if you don't have a good manager -- you won't get promoted.

High energy teams advancing clinical science

Organization dedicated to advancing radiological imaging science by assisting research radiologists and physicians in the design and execution of clinical studies covering a wide range of diseases and therapies.

Great company to work, long standing positions

A typical day could start our working on multiple projects. I have learned so much about the medical industry. I have so of the best co-workers who are truly dedicated to their roles in making this department great. The hardest part of the job I would like to keep private. I enjoy the interactions with other departments and the festivities during the holidays.

Pros

Great people and good conversations!!

Cons

The cons are actually areas that you would have to determine for yourself.

I enjoy working in Radiology, licensed under the ARRT.

I did not work for ARRT. I worked at a out patient radiology clinic governed and licensed by the ARRT. Reputable and long standing. I have been working in radiology for 35 years. Very rewarding.

Excellent company with positive working environment

This is an excellent company to work for, however considering that it is a non-profit, the salary/compensation is considerable less than at other similar companies.

Tight-knit company with exceptional leadership

The ACR is a great company to work in. The work atmosphere is tight-knit; I truly felt like a family member there. The company spends a lot of time ensuring the happiness of its employees, giving great events and benefits (we have a yearly employee appreciation day - last year, they rented out a movie theater for employees). The leadership at the ACR is, for the most part, innovative and forward-thinking. They welcome new ideas, especially from staff. They've recently implemented an Innovation Lab (with great success so far) where employees are welcome to come and pitch ideas to improve the College. Usually, they are given a grant and staff time to make their idea a reality. Work-life balance can be a little difficult. You are more or less expected to work after hours. Working during meetings and conferences is also tough - I've clocked several 14 hour days during a conference.

Goood work environment.

You start your day checking your emails and following your calendar. Then you can share a cup of coffee with your co-workers. You have good support from the IT support team to keep your computer and software updated all the time as well as other requests. My co-workers are very professional and there is a good environment. I enjoy working in the college.

good place to work

its always been a smooth work culture here and people are very supportive. at every stage you are given a chance to prove potential and improve on any missing skills.

Common questions about The American College of Radiology

Answered by current and former employees at The American College of Radiology

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The American College of Radiology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits