The Anderson Company

The Anderson Company Employee Reviews

Overall good company to work for
I had no idea what I was doing when I started for this company, however I have learned a lot & picked up on all aspects of the company/jobsites. It has been a great experience thus far.
Good job
It’s a good job after high school. It was really easy got good experience being an operator. They were willing to help me with school. This is a good job if you don’t know if you’re going to school or not.
The people were really nice to talk to & be around. The work was hard at times but it kept me busy.
The people were nice, the work was hard but I could work by myself with no one looking over my shoulders all the time. I didnt like the way they did some things, but the pay got me through.
Productive work Environment
flagged traffic and maintained work site area. Placed tools and work materials in designated work area. cleaned derby and hazardous materials. worked in a timely manner
Pros
good work hours
Cons
short work breaks
terrible worrkplace
the supervisors were rude and did not help with anything. we had to figure everything out ourselves. we always got i trouble for messing things up but they would not help us. this company is currently discontinued.
Pros
paid lunch, 30 minute breaks
Cons
everything else
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
bagging
nice work place.workers friendly staff very friendly its a very nice place to be.i like working with my staff.they will help u its like a family out there
One of the best around
Anderson company still holds true to their family values, Jim Anderson has built that company to be one of the best excavation companies in the area. They pay better than any other company in the area, they work through the winter and dont lay off. I would highly recommend them to anyone in the industry, male or female.
Great place
Great workers. Great hours. Great pay and never was I rushed to do the work I knew I could do. They had trust in their workers cause we knew it was a good company.
Productive and hard work
This was a great job for me I really enjoyed working with The Anderson Company it was my first time working in construction and I learned so much. Sadly the lost of my car caused me to loose this job. I was working as a laborer on the ground helping stop traffic or backing up the dump trucks to a machine. I was getting trained to operate my own machine moving up in the company. It was a fun job met a lot of great people.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Working in the cold
Productive and fun
Has greatly improved on hitting production goals on (x) since last review Has not displayed consistent productivity improvement since last appraisal

Exceeds output expectations set out for his/her department

Makes a large contribution to the overall success of his/her department through excellent productivity
Good place
Better then some company it good place to work. But when it comes to taking personal time off be prepared to get complained about. No paid vacation and no PTO. Their excuse for it is to give us a paid lunch and paid holidays.
Pros
Good working company
Cons
No paid vacation or PTO
The Anderson Company, LLC.
Great place to work at that understands family comes first.

Easy Access to and from I-66.

Plenty of restaurants to go to for lunch time located near Gainesville.
excellent
Great company to work for only did not like not having full time work during the winter do to snow and rain. Otherwise this is a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
good manager
Cons
seasonal
Nice Bouns at year end
this company is very laid back, but with that being said, they let a lot of things go that are very unprofessional. I enjoyed they laid back aspect but not the unprofessionalism.
Pros
convenit to home
Cons
unprofessionalism
Overtime made it worth it
This is a big company with many different projects. You work monday-saturday usually from 530 til 4-6ish. Many hours of overtime per weekly check which made it nice. You could make good money as long as it didn't rain. If it rained you didn't work or get paid. Supervisor for trucks was a jerk and always talked down to his employees and had an attitude. They money is the only thing keeping people under him. When it snows we plow 66 12 hours on 12 hours off mandatory all hands on deck. Overall okay place to be if you just go to work and get job don't and get out of there. Keep your head down and move forward.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Bad supervisor. No paid vacation. Only work when weather is good
N/a
We have a directory list of general residential contractors and residential designers for home projects. You can find someone to design, remodel, or replace just about anything in your house. It does not matter if it is a small renovation project, an item that needs to be fixed or repaired
They are a great company to work for..
They company is very stable and have good benefits. The company offers bonus to the employees as well as making sure that their employees are always in the best interest.
Good Place
Great place to work. I worked here in High School and enjoyed it.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Anderson Company. Our community is ready to answer.