The Andersons Employee Reviews

A great place to work
Seasonal Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, MIAugust 25, 2019
Management was great and a great place to work. The only bad thing was it was a seasonal job I wish they could have hired me full time. I would strongly recommend anyone looking for a job to apply to this company. they treat their employees great and with the utmost respect.
Times of growth are good.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHAugust 8, 2019
The company culture, like many, rewards growth and the efforts to achieve growth success. The Andersons continues to have a culture of integrity, being true to its word.
Employed through acquisition
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 4, 2019
Flexibility and work/life balance was good. Salary and benefits just ok. Opportunities were few and far between for advancement. Management was under the microscope to find synergies and costs savings. Reducing workforce by a $$ amount was ongoing.
Poor management
Driving sales (Current Employee) –  Waterloo IndianaJuly 29, 2019
Very difficult to work with little communication and professional training. I have asked to transfer to a different location several times. I am job hunting now daily
Everybody is on the same page
Worker I (Carman) (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 12, 2019
Being a Worker I with The Andersons may be my lifelong favorite job. Everybody is willing to help you out when you need it because all involved have a shared goal of getting the cars fixed correctly and in a timely fashion. That is how the company makes money; that is how the employees make money.

Not everything is perfect always, but the chronic good greatly outweighs the temporary bad. Time flies when you are on the clock and nothing is tedious because each railcar that comes through equals different tasks to complete.
Pros
Perfect shift (0600-1430), reasonable wage, good environment, short commute
Cons
Waiting on my 1st raise
Very political they will tell you what you want to hear but don't believe it for a minute.
Ethanol & Grain Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHJuly 8, 2019
Pay based on likeability not performance based if the manager likes you your raise will be more than others in your department. If your options are work or starve then apply here.
Ran by an elite few
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 14, 2019
If not part of the right club, then it is difficult to move up into the company. Several business leaders do not know Finance and refuse to listen to the financial teams.
great place to work. great boss.
garden center employee (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 7, 2019
outstanding work environment and excellent bosses. my position was part time and they worked a very flexible schedule for part time people. very empathetic.
The Andersons
Settlement Management Processor (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHJune 4, 2019
The Andersons is a very farm oriented work place that values higher education over job experience. If you are a farmer or came from a farming family this is the place for you.
Pros
Great place for a farmer's son with a master's degree to work.
Cons
Vacation is extremely limited.
Great Offices
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 22, 2019
Challenging but rewarding work. This is a very busy office with a lot of departments that have to collaborate in order to meet the goals of each department, and the goals of the company. Everyone works well together to achieve the company goals.
Pros
Monthly Free Lunch
Cons
stressfull environment
Fast paced environments
Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  Carey, OHMay 13, 2019
The job asks a lot you have to be able to make decisions in an instant and also do so safely overall has great benefits but keeps you on your feet. Very long hours that gets old very quick
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, short lunch
Good
Mechanic, welder, engineer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 4, 2019
It a good place to work and learn about railcar, and improvement in your welding and knowledge. It’s a good place to work for, but definitely need better crew leaders.
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
Short breaks
Very laid back, but still a lot to get done. No real pressure.
Information Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHApril 11, 2019
Everybody here is incredibly kind and willing to help as long as you ask. You'll never feel small or unimportant. They are also very big on communication and safety, so you'll never feel left out. They are also big on making sure your balance between family and work is right for you, and you'll never feel like you have to prioritize work over your family.
Great place to work!
Part time (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHFebruary 26, 2019
I loved working at The Andersons corporate office. The building is new and modern, the amenities such as free coffee and a well-stocked cafeteria are nice. The pay is competitive and the work environment is professional, yet relaxed. My manager and co workers were wonderful.
Worst job I've ever had.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Greenville, OHFebruary 6, 2019
They never said this job was accounting and it was. I was trained wrong from the beginning, but it was my fault if I did something wrong and asked questions. They say it's an open door policy, but when I opened up and told them I was having problems I got written up. The girls I worked with in the office were nice to your face, but then reported every little thing I did back to my supervisor. Not a team atmosphere at all. I could tell they wanted me gone and they were just keeping tabs of everything I did wrong just to have things to hold against me. Worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Cons
People, managment, training
I learned a lot while working at The Anderson's, from customer service to what different exotic produce looks like.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHFebruary 6, 2019
It was a good first job for my high school self. I got a lot of money handling experience along with getting trained to handle emergency situations. Skills I will use throughout my life.
lack of good supervisors
certified crop adviser (Former Employee) –  OhioJanuary 9, 2019
The job itself was very enjoyable but my direct supervisor did not have the right knowledge to be in that position and caused customers
to not have confidence in his ability to provide service
Pros
good work environment
Cons
untrained supervisor
Terrible
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Webberville, MIDecember 11, 2018
Work life balance is terrible, upper management bloated and pawn work load off on employees. Told at last minute you have stay late . Raises are all cost of living nothing more . Exposure to chemicals not a recommended place to work
Pros
Cons
Management, work life balance
Great place to start a career
National and International Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHDecember 10, 2018
Very team oriented, good collaboration, open door policy, company involved with the community and charitable events. Work hours are typical 9-5, if job allows, option to work remotely. Good perks, vacation Holiday pay, yearly bonus.
Pros
Good team building environment
Cons
Hard to advance in job scale pay
Never regretted coming to to work each day.
Associate Specialty Foods Buyer (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHNovember 30, 2018
Come in early & work hard for at least 10 hours a day,

I learned a lot about managing my time. Not getting caught up in office politics or chit chat.

My Boss gave me the freedom to buy whatever I thought our customers would like or needed.

The hardest part of my job was trying to get all orders in while seeing vendors, placing orders, data entry of all orders, and then controlling the flow of inventory from beginning to end of each season,

I enjoyed coming to work everyday.
Pros
Fair benefits, Holidays off, Bonuses.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Andersons. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight