The Araca Group Employee Reviews

There are far better job options. Run from this place. Family run which means drama!
Ecommerce (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2019
If you are considering applying save yourself the aggravation and look else where. Someplace with a real HR department and payroll. This place is poorly run. They will work you to death! There is no culture! They are in the process is trying to keep clients and stay in business which means by any means necessary. They treat their employees so horrible.
Pros
Non
Cons
They can’t seem to get it together!
Great place to work. Great coworkers and a great environment to work efficiently as a team.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2019
My usual hours of work are 5pm to around 11pm on varying days of the week. With the job being dependent on concerts and events in the buildings, the days in which you work will depend on how busy the arenas and theaters are. The average work week is 3-4 8 hour shifts but can range anywhere from 1-7 8 hour work shifts in a week. the most enjoyable part of the job is the routine that becomes easier the more you do it.
Pros
Great team, flexible schedule, good pay, not too difficult
Cons
Late nights for those who do not stay up late
flexible schedules
Photographer (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10036January 14, 2019
I was able to change shifts, to either pick-up more work time, or to scheduled extra time away from work. As a photographer I was given a bit more control on how I should accomplish the job.
okay
Seasonal Sales Associate; Santa-land Photographer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2019
the people were nice but the pay was not great for the amount we were working. we should've gotten better compensation for the amount of overtime we did.
Nice family-run company, employees all down to earth and hard working team.
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CAApril 21, 2018
It is a solid company, with many dedicated employees. Unfortunately, the turnover runs high there because that is the first thing they cut if they're running over budget, or if you're not being friendly with the owners.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
people have elevated titles for which they are unqualified
High volume costumer service position
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2018
I loved the people I worked with and the overall experience, however the job can get very stressful depending on which show you work. The amount of money you make does not reflect the job duties.
Pros
Able to see most Broadway shows for free
Cons
Can be a stressful work environment with not enough pay
Productive, fast paced work place with benefits of meeting celebrities
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 8, 2018
Fast paced during show nights, which is usually Wednesdays, Friday, and Saturdays. You get to experience what it's like to work for a merchandise company, and you get to see how exciting and different selling merchandise at a concert is compared to your basic clothing store.
Good workplace during initial part of the career
IT ANALYST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2018
IT is not managed by competitive and skilled people and is very unorganized. Culture is sort of startup like and very casual. Often Pizza day on Fridays. Low wages but good health insurance plans.
Low pay
Laborer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2017
The finances are an absolute mess and the pay is terrible. They don't train people and there is no real HR department to talk to. Poor quality managers who really don't know how to lead people.
A great place to start...
Ecommerce Project Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2017
The Araca Group is a great place to begin your career, but not much after that. The work environment and the people who work their are great, but the lack of career advancement makes this place a one stop shop
Pros
Free Lunches, Free Tickets, 401k, Health Insurance, People
Cons
Poor salary
Simple but interesting job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 19, 2017
Depending on where you work, the job is a relative retail store job. Handle your transactions well and do your customers well will keep you around. Go above and beyond and you may move up to become a shift manager. The job is relatively easy, handle transactions, help customers, restock, tidiness, etc. When in the theater, most of this applies as well as probably counting/keeping track of stock. Most upsells make themselves as people like to splurge for their favorite artists. Most employees are very chill and friendly. Management is typically easy going until people begin to slip up. You'll typically sign in, count your bank, restock and assist customers, count your bank, and leave. On show nights, all that applies plus counting stock, additional cleaning/putting away, etc. Getting to work the shows is the best part. You can listen to the music and sometimes see bits of the show. You may even meet a famous person here and there (rare, but has happened multiple times).
Pros
Paid lunches, discounts
sales associate
Sales Associate / Cash Seller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2017
Great way to learn to work with people. Meeting well known artists, actors and more. Working along side the best people. Great experience . Working between two locations ( City Center & Lincoln Center )
Fun place to work
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 18, 2017
This is an as needed position. I have a different manager each time I am employed for a specific venue. This merchandising position requires expertise in dealing with the public, sales, and inventory reconciliation. Each time I have been employed, I have been treated fairly and have enjoyed the experience.
Pros
Paid for parking, able to view performances.
Independent Contractor Work
Sales Associate (Contractual) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2017
This is a traveling merchandising company. I work here when they are in my town only. This is an extra pocket change job that you can only expect to work once maybe twice a year, in my experience.
Pros
Good pay, possibly cash, easy and straight forward work conditions and management
Cons
Not enough work in my city annually.
diiferent/fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 27, 2016
this was a temporary job that was different working at a theater meeting people and ghelping them enjoy the experience of a play
Wonderful company to work for!
VP, Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2015
I love working for the Araca Group. The staff is fabulous and it's a pleasure coming to work each day!
Worked in and out of the office in Time Sq
Promotional Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2014
They treated me very well. I enjoyed working in the office and on the street.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long hours in harsh weather