The Arbor Company Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Place to Work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 5, 2018
The residents and the management at Arbor Terrace is wonderful. I work PRN and I never feel like I am working. Come join a great team at Arbor Terrace.
Rlaxed and friendly place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAAugust 22, 2018
I worked for Arbor for a year and it was the best job I've had. had lovely fellow employees and a great supervisor. My manger was kind, understanding, compassionate, and all around a wonderful boss. I was truly grateful for the opportunity there.
A very good place to work with
Cook (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 11, 2018
No boring moments. Having fun with colleagues while at work. Managers are easy to deal with. Management will listen and act on employees legitimate issues or complaints.
A nice place to work with an amazing atmosphere.
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAAugust 1, 2018
An overall amazing experience with pleasent coworkers. I really loved all the residents I was able to interact with. I would really recommend working there, It was the perfect first job.
Fun work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2018
Over all Abor Terrace was a okay job one that u didn’t have a problem with being there as all jobs has its ups and downs over all it was okay . I would recommend any person who is looking to go for it
Enjoyed but management turnover
Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 15, 2018
I enjoyed this position - the company does offer room for advancement however I felt that a lot of the jobs that were offered in a projected career path were already spoken for. There was upper management turnover which led to my decision to leave.
pleasant and vibrant workplace
Residential Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2018
My experience of working at Arbor company was pleasant. It could sometimes be stressful. I have learned to opened minded of the job. Management could be improved in all areas. The workplace culture was healthy, vibrant, and fun. The hardest part of the job was having to let it go. The Enjoyable part of the job was working and bonding with the elderly residents and satisfying them with my services.
Pros
team work
Cons
management
CNA to LPN advancement
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 23, 2018
Once I got my LPN, they would not let the me move up from a CNA to an LPN. They stated that it is company policy not to hire new graduates, regardless of how well I knew the facility and residents.
Love and carin workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 21, 2018
Eden Terrace of Spartanburg is a great place to work! It is an amazing work environment and the residence or sweet and loving! Management is great and will work with you in any circumstances! I’ve really enjoyed my time and experience at Eden Terrace and the only reason I’m leaving is for a higher wage and a job in the field of my degree. I would recommend his job to and loving and caring person!
like the co workers management could use some work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed the co-workers however management overstepped boundaries multiple times. Sometimes they had unrealistic expectations for what could be done.
productive
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  boynton beachJune 18, 2018
it was a good environment and i met new people and interacted with elderly people. the job was a little stressful but for the most part i had fun with my workers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Taking of Seniors with Dementia was the driving force to take this job
Engagement Director (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAJune 14, 2018
When I first started working at Arbor Terrace, its mission was to care for seniors with dementia in a loving environment. In the 2 years i worked there, the culture of the company changed and I was not in agreement. Upper management began to focus on the money they could make and not on creating an environment where loving caretakers dedicated their entire day to enriching the lives of the senior residents.
Pros
Free lunches, lots of continuing education and seminars
Cons
Upper management and its changing culture
typical day on the job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GA 30019June 8, 2018
typical day at work included prepping and cooking meals for the residents, delivering meals to certain parts of the establishment, and maintaining a clean work area. was also responsible for putting away stores
Pros
getting to work with the elderly
Cons
n/a
Great company and benefits, nice staff and residents,
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 8, 2018
Needs better more consistent kitchen msnagement,better communition to kitchen staff and direction and organization and proper delegation to staff to know what each person is expected of them.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Disorganized kitchen manager
great culture,fast-paced
Dining Room Staff (Current Employee) –  Holly Springs, GAJune 5, 2018
There is a lot of physical work involved. Way too much work for the wage offered. The culture is great however, and the staff pulls together to help each other. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the residents.
Pros
free meals, benefits
Cons
low wage, physically stressful
Fun
Cook - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 29, 2018
Great Job, I loved it. However, the name has changed. I supervised the Kitchen, Cooking Breakfast & Lunch with a homemade Soup daily, I loved the atmosphere, one of the most interesting people I met was a Queen from Ireland. Many people, retirees, and they all expected the quality foods I provided!
Decent Assisted Living facility overall
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMay 28, 2018
I would not recommend Arbor Terrace of Johns Creek as a place for Certified Nursing Assistants who aspire to make significant advancements in the medical field.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Imbalanced ratio of residents to nurse aides, High employee turnover rate, Minimal opportunity for career advancement
Arbor Terrace is a good company
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMay 27, 2018
Arbor Terrace is a great company to work for I have experienced a lot of things with this company the staff the workers wonderful people to work with the most about this job is teamwork.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Love working with the company the staffs of Wonderful
Poor Management, Warning!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GAMay 23, 2018
CNA's get treated below average. Management talks to some of the aids disrespectly. CNA's never stay working at this job long.Their turn over rate is very high. Some of the residents talk to you very nasty. Management will take hrs from you or try to slick replace you with new hires. Be careful with some of the nurses they are bubby buddy with management and will try to get certain staff members in trouble when you confide in them about a situation. If an emergency happens throughout the night shift management will not pick up their phone and will be very rude to you if they pick up. If an accident happened and you take the proper steps to report the issue management will reverse the situation to make you look like you were wrong and didn't know what you were doing. I could go on and on. If you decide to work here just protect yourself and document everything.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Poor management, Rude Staff
Terrible
Med Tech/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 17, 2018
The company should find a better management team because the team now is terrible, disrespectful and mo professional skills at all. Evergreen unit residents not cared for like the should.
Pros
Free lunch