The Arbor Company Employee Reviews

A Family Atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 28, 2018
I loved my time at Arbor Terrace as a receptionist. The management was always friendly and willing to listen. The residents really made the job worth it. I left every day filling fulfilled and that I made a difference in someone's life. If I could have had more than the weekend shifts, I would still be there.
Pros
Free lunches and the people
Cons
I only worked weekends
Good work place with a nice culture
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Johns Creek, GADecember 23, 2018
A typical day at work day is taking care of the patients and assessment relating to daily care. I learned about patience relating to dementia patients. Positive work culture. Hardest part of the job is when some employees don't follow the rules. The most enjoyable part of the job is to see how you impact the patient's life positively in many ways.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
Decent Employment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 3, 2018
Overall a great place to work. Great management and understanding coworkers. Residents were happy and enjoyed the facility. Could offer better benefits.
I learned alot within a year and half.
Certified Medication Aide/Cna (Current Employee) –  Athens, GANovember 9, 2018
Enjoyed all my co-workers at Arbors. The pay could have been better. I enjoyed my Residential Care Directors very much. They could have been better with the staff and how they approached them with problems.
One of the best employment experiences.
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 11, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for The Arbor Company as a Marketing Associate. The people are genuinely kind, they care about each other and the work they do, and the work culture was a refreshing change from a typical "corporate world" environment. The office is clean and conveniently located to both ITP and OTP dwellers. I would recommend taking an opportunity with The Arbor Company over and over again. Certainly a diamond in the rough!
Awesome place to work!
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2018
The Arbor Company senior leadership really care about its employees! The perks of this job are incredible, including free lunch every day. Everyone here is friendly and respectful. The corporate values reflect the people-centric culture. It's like a family here and I'm happy to be a part of it.
Pros
Free lunch, competitive compensation, flat hierarchical structure, open door policy
Excellent care for their residents.
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 21, 2018
Excellent care provided for the residents. Many long term employees.Benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance and one free meal a day.
Great Place to Work!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 5, 2018
The residents and the management at Arbor Terrace is wonderful. I work PRN and I never feel like I am working. Come join a great team at Arbor Terrace.
Rlaxed and friendly place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAAugust 22, 2018
I worked for Arbor for a year and it was the best job I've had. had lovely fellow employees and a great supervisor. My manger was kind, understanding, compassionate, and all around a wonderful boss. I was truly grateful for the opportunity there.
A very good place to work with
Cook (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 11, 2018
No boring moments. Having fun with colleagues while at work. Managers are easy to deal with. Management will listen and act on employees legitimate issues or complaints.
A nice place to work with an amazing atmosphere.
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAAugust 1, 2018
An overall amazing experience with pleasent coworkers. I really loved all the residents I was able to interact with. I would really recommend working there, It was the perfect first job.
Fun work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 27, 2018
Over all Abor Terrace was a okay job one that u didn’t have a problem with being there as all jobs has its ups and downs over all it was okay . I would recommend any person who is looking to go for it
Enjoyed but management turnover
Engagement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 15, 2018
I enjoyed this position - the company does offer room for advancement however I felt that a lot of the jobs that were offered in a projected career path were already spoken for. There was upper management turnover which led to my decision to leave.
pleasant and vibrant workplace
Residential Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2018
My experience of working at Arbor company was pleasant. It could sometimes be stressful. I have learned to opened minded of the job. Management could be improved in all areas. The workplace culture was healthy, vibrant, and fun. The hardest part of the job was having to let it go. The Enjoyable part of the job was working and bonding with the elderly residents and satisfying them with my services.
Pros
team work
Cons
management
CNA to LPN advancement
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJune 23, 2018
Once I got my LPN, they would not let the me move up from a CNA to an LPN. They stated that it is company policy not to hire new graduates, regardless of how well I knew the facility and residents.
Love and carin workplace
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 21, 2018
Eden Terrace of Spartanburg is a great place to work! It is an amazing work environment and the residence or sweet and loving! Management is great and will work with you in any circumstances! I’ve really enjoyed my time and experience at Eden Terrace and the only reason I’m leaving is for a higher wage and a job in the field of my degree. I would recommend his job to and loving and caring person!
like the co workers management could use some work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 19, 2018
I enjoyed the co-workers however management overstepped boundaries multiple times. Sometimes they had unrealistic expectations for what could be done.
productive
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  boynton beachJune 18, 2018
it was a good environment and i met new people and interacted with elderly people. the job was a little stressful but for the most part i had fun with my workers
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Taking of Seniors with Dementia was the driving force to take this job
Engagement Director (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GAJune 14, 2018
When I first started working at Arbor Terrace, its mission was to care for seniors with dementia in a loving environment. In the 2 years i worked there, the culture of the company changed and I was not in agreement. Upper management began to focus on the money they could make and not on creating an environment where loving caretakers dedicated their entire day to enriching the lives of the senior residents.
Pros
Free lunches, lots of continuing education and seminars
Cons
Upper management and its changing culture
typical day on the job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dacula, GA 30019June 8, 2018
typical day at work included prepping and cooking meals for the residents, delivering meals to certain parts of the establishment, and maintaining a clean work area. was also responsible for putting away stores
Pros
getting to work with the elderly
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Arbor Company. Our community is ready to answer.