The Arc Montgomery County Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor Management Sets Tone of Work Environment & Culture
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 19, 2018
Upper management consists mostly of longtime employees who are not qualified for their positions. They often promote from within, but the decisions are not based on being the best qualified and/or most experienced. They choose to promote those who are most easily manipulated - meaning those who will carry out their assigned duties without question. They also have a tendency to form cliques - as they do in middle/high school. The company is very resistant to change and have a hard time adjusting to new and improved standards of practice. They fail to recognize the talent within the company so the best employees often leave within a few short years. I would not recommend this company if you are looking to gain transferable experience, or looking for advancement.
Pros
Decent Benefits, Dedicated Direct Care Staff
Cons
Unqualified, Inexperienced Management
Excellent place to work
Deputy Director, Residential Services Division (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDApril 5, 2018
Friendly atmosphere! It was a pleasure working at The Arc, Montgomery County. My supervisor was respectful and considerate of everyone she worked with. I enjoyed going to work everyday!
funa dn productive
Recruiter-TriSource Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, MDFebruary 12, 2018
the management team, amazing culture but very stressful. the hardest part of my job was making sure we were able to place the right candidates in the company
less productive
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 26, 2018
Very bad organization, less training for employee; bad supervisor ;
the employee are the one who doing all the job and the supervisor acting like they work so hard, they blackmail employee to make them work on the house they don't like and sometimes making story on their name to get them fire
There is no table tennis or a source of other activities at the working place.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDDecember 13, 2017
At this job, I work as " residential support staff" I assist residents with personal care, teach them their daily life skills,take them to recreational places, administer medications to them,cook for them,clean residence, take them for medical appointments, write daily and incident. reports as well as daily logs..The day at work is always busy and interesting. The job is protective and there are,fun, respect, professionalism, collaboration toward one goal at this job.. There is no source of other actives or games at the workplace with rules. The hardest part of the job is remain patient throughout different individuals and situations at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to learn from multiple training offer by the company and also the opportunity to help others.I like this job because of the learning experience and the chance to enable me to help others who are not able to help themselves.
Pros
no free lunch as such
Cons
Because of the nature of the job, no break.
fun place to work
Residential Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 28, 2017
working at the arc of Montgomery county was a great experience for me i learned how to care for individual with intellectual and developmental disabilities Employees were fun to work with.
Located at Rockville MD
Poor Management
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 4, 2017
My supervisor was extremely unorganized, rude, and couldn't keep up with simple filing and paper work. Her office was covered in loose papers, some of which were confidential information of the current students and families. I could not, in confidence, be led by this supervisor.
Pros
Coworkers were friendly and fun
fun place to work
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 31, 2017
• Ensure the safety of residents.
• Serve as a role model for staff in tone, morale, and professionalism in interactions with residents, other employees, residents’ family members and friends, County Case Managers, day program personnel and medical personnel and others.
Demonstrate correct procedures in facilitating personal goals of residents through their program objectives.
• Assist in selection of staff and, when requested, in recruitment of staff...
Pros
provides two weeks of mentorship
Cons
staffing turnovers
fun
Residential Staff Support (Former Employee) –  RockvilleOctober 25, 2017
I feel proud of being part of a team that contribute in the lives of special needs individuals of intellectual disabilities. working with individuals with different levels of intelligence is of great signifance
Pros
spending time with individuals for fun
Cons
healthcare
long hiring process
Substitute Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDOctober 24, 2017
There are many trainings and steps to take before your job is secured. The management could be improved. The employees could use a stronger support system for conflicts, questions and concerns.
updated vehicles
Transportation Driver/Aide (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDSeptember 26, 2017
at this particular place i really enjoyed it, it taught me the benefits of working with people that has a challenges in life in overcoming them by seeking professional help
Pros
good lunches
Cons
tansportation
Amazing to work with disabled people
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 10, 2017
i enjoyed working with people with disabilities. The joy of making them laugh and going out with them to be able to enjoy the outside world was amazing. I would go out with my participant to eat, walk, and even events. It was a nice experience.
Productive and fun place to work
Collections Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 26, 2017
I enjoyed working with The Arc Montgomery County. It was a great experience in working people with Intellectual Disabilities. I worked for this company for over 5 years and I performed Administrative and Accounts Payable duties and also learned about Inclusion
Pros
Great food
Benefits
Arc of Montgomery is Excellent
House Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 22, 2017
Arc of Montgomery is excellent through and through. It is a nice place to work because of their in service training. I love their pursuit of excellence in care.
Pros
The life of each and every one of their clients matters to them.
Cons
They don't care much about the family of the staff that serves them.
A great Organization
Program Coordinator - Social Services (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDMay 13, 2017
The organization has great vision and requires the team to actually achieve the required results. With the new CEO, the results are beginning to be achieved gradually. Remains a work in progress!
Pros
Resourceful environment
Cons
lack proper management in some divisions and adherence to policy.
Job picked me
Group Aide (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDFebruary 26, 2017
Before i started here i never thought i would fall in love with the work that i do but i did. The work is fun and it is never the same . The arc is helping me advance in my career as a group aide with the CYS department.
This company was responsible for assisting persons with disabilities and striving for inclusion
Collections Accountant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, MDDecember 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working this company because they were all about assisting persons with disabilities and also networking for people and companies to work on inclusion.
Pros
Nice Personalities
Cons
Short Breaks
Team Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 4, 2016
A typical day at work is from 8am-4pm. My co-workers are friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to meet and work with families with different ethnicity.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Salary
Arc is an ok place to work
Residential Support Staff, (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 29, 2016
Staff take individuals out in the community for activities such as concerts, movies, shopping and sports invents (to name a few). Arc also pay for staffs.
It was a conducive and fun place to work
Dinning Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 25, 2016
i loved to work there because the seniors were wonderful and i love helping them with their task and they gave me advice on how to go about my studies and life.
Pros
Helpful HR
Cons
Not a lot of benefits