THE ARC OF BUTLER COUNTY

THE ARC OF BUTLER COUNTY Employee Reviews

Productive Work Environment Assisting the Intellectually Disabled Adult Clientelle
I empathized with the intellectually disabled adults. A typical work day entails helping assist the clients with their medication times, grooming/bathing the clients, cooking nourishing meals for them, and helping assist the supervisor with the client's treatment plans for goals them to prosper and flourish.
Good
Great place to work for and the work you do is very rewarding. Sometimes feels like management is out to get you. Overall great place to work and amazing people to work with.
Horrible management but wonderful clients
Good luck trying to have a life. Always gets mandated to work doubles even when you informed them you can’t due to apts. If you’re not in the managements favorites category you might as well enjoy working all the time, good luck calling off sick and requesting a house change. It’s a “who you know, who you blow, and who you sleep with” place. There’s no confidentiality even though they claim there is. The clients though are amazing!
Horrible
I have never worked for a place that you couldn’t call off! So short staffed! They play favorites. If one staff doesn’t like you no one does! Management absolutely sucks once again they play favorites as well! When you tell them you want to switch house because it’s to much dealing with certain members of the staff at that house, they don’t listen. It is a horrible place to work! Amazing clients!
Great place to work. I love the clients.
This is an opportunity to meet and work with the most fantastic people you will ever meet. Great location. Great people. You will love the clients.
Pros
Some free lunches and recognition.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Love/hate relationship
This was my favorite job but my least favorite job at the same time. When it was good it was great but when it was bad it was horrible. Rewarding job, you make a connection with your clients and coworkers. It was very hard for me to leave but in the long run I knew my mental health came first. Lots of accusations from higher ups, like they were waiting for you to mess up and when you did they made sure you knew it. Higher ups are very snotty and act like they are better than anyone below them. 75% of the job is clerical work, documentation, etc. which wasn’t what I expected. This job is not for someone with kids, very unpredictable schedule. Do your research before taking a job coach position.
Pros
Paid expenses, Bonuses
Cons
Micromanaged
Horrible place to work great to work with clients
Management is quite “clicky” the director of residential program was sleeping with staff and verbally abusive to others. Physically grabbed a female staff by her arms and pushed her out of one of the homes in from of clients. This is a company where it’s all about who you know or blow.
Pros
Clients are so loving and friendly
Cons
Horrible management
Rewarding job.
The arc of butler is a non profit place. So everything you do helps you keep the business running to as little as writing something down at the end of your shift. It is a good company to work for and it is very relaxed most days. Other days can be really stressful and emotionally draining due to the type of work it is. You can’t be in this job for the pay check. You need a heart and a very compassion personality. I love this company and they treat their employees overall fantastic.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at THE ARC OF BUTLER COUNTY?
Labor Supervisor / Floor Supervisor
Busy,getting Clients to gather supplies needed for each job .
If you treat people the way you want treated, people respond the same.

Culture is variety for different levels of work ability.but are willing to perform the best they can.

The hardest part of the job was to make sure all asspects of each job was completed.as required

The willingness to learn.new things involved per job requirements.
Pros
Love given from clients made it all worth while.
Cons
Needed to expand and more stable flow of incoming jobs and clients.
ARC of Butler County
It is a fast paced job and very busy. People come and go as workers. The job overall is nice but clients do come and go from tie to time. Staff meetings usually every two weeks but can be changed by the supervisor.
Pros
Can have lunch 2 times a week paid with clients
Cons
Work times vary
Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE ARC OF BUTLER COUNTY. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9