The Arc Employee Reviews

N/a
Asst Manager (Current Employee) –  Martin County, FLJanuary 20, 2019
Unable to have employers follow through with promises and commitments to their employees. Which makes it not appealing to want to come in and do your job thoroughly.
Getting paid to help others!
Support Counselor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MDJanuary 17, 2019
Supported Counselor for the Director's adult daughter, a elementary school girl & a family of five.

Each morning I would arrive at the home of an adult young lady to assist her in getting prepared for work each day. I would make sure she was suitably dressed for her place of employment and proper diet.

Mid day I would pick up a school age child from school that had disciplinary problems and take her to after school activities then home.

The family had multiple needs that I would seven days a week visit their home. Their needs ranged from medication education to reading and comprehending something that came thru the mail/telephone calls.

The hardest part of the job was seeing where some of their needs were not able to be met.

The enjoyable part of the job was watching each one of them have as productive of a life as possible.
Pros
Flexibility in schedule
Cons
Seeing the inadequacies of the healthcare system
This is not a good place to work for
HTS/HCC (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKDecember 19, 2018
A typical day at work would be me go and getting my client up and ready for school driving my client to school, doing paperwork. After school I would pick my client up from school and take my client home and while at my clients home we would do homework, chores, and cooking dinner. When my client did not have after school activeitys. My client had physical limitations that requiered me to lift my client in and out of my vehical My client was a two person lift but management told me to get it done or I don't have a job and that is how I got hurt on the job.The hardest part of the job was leaving my client at the end of the day when I would put my client to bed my client would cry for me not to go. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my clients face in the morning when my client woke up to see my face.
Pros
my client
Love my clients
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 14, 2018
I lime working for tge Arc and trying to get back on but they will sork your alot and some of tge help take advantage of you but i did line it the pay was good
Pros
Always work
Cons
Help was bad
management
Dc manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 6, 2018
it should be about the people not the dollar. the world I driven by people not money. when you put money first you lose the family feel or the company.
Great Learning Experience
Respite Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSDecember 5, 2018
I truly enjoyed my experience at ARC it provided me with lots of learning opportunities and an experience of a life time. I would recommend this employer to anyone that love working with people.
Good
Checker/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 27, 2018
Good work environment, easy to get along with coworkers. Social gain from ARC payees and costumers. Clean and efficient work place and open to new ideas
Secretary to ARC executives
Secretarial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 24, 2018
I worked at 2 facilities run and owned by ARC. The majority of my time was spent working as Manager's Secretarial/Office Assistant in their cafe facility, a bakery and cafe named The Magic Muffin. It was a supervisory day program for the benefit of disabled and mentally challenged adults. It was my job to perform all secretarial duties in running this program under the auspices of ARC.
Pros
Pleasant work environment, opportunities for innovation, and fulfilling work with staff
Cons
Health care
A responsible place to work depending on the needs of the individuals
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYNovember 16, 2018
It's a rewarding place to work I enjoy helping people and making their day better. I support individuals connections to others, self confidence and opportunities for relaxation and recreation to decrease the possibility of a crisis occuring.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lifting, transferring and skip
My Job with ARC is fine.
ARC (Current Employee) –  600 wilber aveNovember 7, 2018
While waiting for the individuals to arrive from program Staff is counting funds, checking and cleaning rooms, bathrooms, checking kitchen and stocking shelves with what's needed. like food and paper towels. Staff have to assist with snacks when they arrive and after that take them on outings like grocery shopping, movies and out to eat, any type of thing. Staff then assist them with showers ,shaves and cutting hair. When the individuals are agitated that's the hardest part. When the Staff can work with them and their peers together and get through the day that's enjoyable.
Poor
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioNovember 5, 2018
Little to no communication from upper management. No respect for women, No raises for Office Personnel, only Union Members.
They tell you they want a person who can handle themselves with men, but if you complain to anyone you are either told it's your job to handle it, and if you do complain you are frowned upon.
Pros
benefits paid for in full
Cons
No management support, no raises, no respect for women
Another temporary job
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAOctober 26, 2018
I only worked there one year, and as is known from non profit organizations, the pay is minimum. 9.40$ the hour.
It was a great human experience working with people with mental disabilities. But no chance to grow at all.
rewarding and compassionate job
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
Enjoyed working with the clients and bonding on a daily basis. It will make you appreciate life . And a willingness to want to share opportunities better
Pros
You will become abetter person
Cons
you can get attached to the clients as family
Easy work, not compensated enough
Employment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAOctober 10, 2018
As a job coach the hours are very flexible. You get to make your own schedule every week according to your client's working hours and make a difference in some one else's life
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2018
I worked with this organization for a total of two years. I really enjoyed it and was able to move up within my area of expertise. Company culture was positive and I would not mind going back.
It was okay to work at just very hot.
Helper/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 19, 2018
I worked on a job site with many older men. I worked for my uncle as a helper. No air conditioning and hard label was the game at that place. I just don’t want to work for my uncle anymore
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Hot
Horrible management
Residential Program Worker (Current Employee) –  Butler, PASeptember 4, 2018
What a joke, everyone in upper manager will pass the buck onto the next, this place is very unorganized and can’t keep it staffed including residential supervisors. Very clicky and very unprofessional.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management and supervisors
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 1, 2018
ARC is a good place to work and it just need more benefits and more money for what we do . ARC need to buy a van from the client to ride and go to places.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Not enough money
great place to work
Accounting Manager - Revenue (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 24, 2018
flexible works hours
great health incentives
staff appreciation events
Friendly upbeat work environment
everyone is willing to lend an helping hand to get the job complete.
Pros
investment in employees
Enjoy working there
Client Account Manager Worked directly (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 22, 2018
I enjoy working there they help so many people. They have a great management team. The people work well together. Helping the clients is what they do best putting their needs first.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Arc. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Arc.

Powered by Comparably