The Arc Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Contracting General Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCAugust 14, 2018
Productive workplace. Liked the fast pace and management was good.
Liked following the schedule to get projects done on time and within budget was the best part.
A well established dedicated and ethical organization.
Employmwmt Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 29, 2018
The work load is difficult due to the comstant turn over and shortage of qualified staffing this is a problem that although impacts thw ARC it is not at all exclusive to this organization as all ahencies amd organizations within this field are plagued with this problem. The ARC is not juat a leader in advocacy and high quality but they set the standard and always aspire to excellence unfortunately not because of state funding they rwcieve but in spite of thw funding thwy sont recieve. They also advocate and support employees as well realizing goos emplkyees and fair treatment is key to fulfillinf their mission.
They offer full benefits package but the employee cost is a little high. My particular position posed difficulty qith home qork balance as at times I worked 35 or 40 hpirs but spread ober a span od 7 days but this was not the norm in other departments. Intermal amd external training and up dates where offerrwd and available but unless it was mamdated there was neber any te to take advantage of it. Management was competent and respectfull and rwconized lower level staff as proffessionals and valued part of the orgamization. A good organization, a meedle in a hay stack within a thankless difficult low wage high burn out field.
The work load is never ending and too much is never enough. The moee yoi work thw more work there is. This is the nature of the field not just the ARC. There is no middle of tje road staff either very dedicated competent and caring or taking advantage od other coworkwes and mamagers.
If you insist on working in this a field tje ARC is one of
  more... tje few good. agencies left.  less
Pros
Working with and helping.people, Work cultuee is open and values proffessionalism and contributions and opinions
Cons
Hours required are.dwcieving, uae of peesonal vwhicle qith bwry meager pay back just claim on.ypur 1040
Arc is a relaxing but competitive work place you will always be on your feet. You will always have duties.
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Loxley, ALJuly 23, 2018
If you like Direct Care Staff then you will love ARC. There are many challenges with the individuals as you work more often you will learn more about them and get closer with them. It’s all up for your attitude , patients and care for others that will reflect off your job.
Clients are lovely to work with
DSP (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 19, 2018
Had a great time working for the company managers not so good always have the best time with the clients and working for them miss all of them The audience were so fun always enjoy teaching the arts and crafts
It was such a rewarding job !
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 19, 2018
Love this job , if I can go back to work there I would definitely do it in a heart beat.
This job is very rewarding , it teaches you to become more patient for u and others , makes you want to appreciate the little things in life more !
High stress environment if not used to working with kids
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 19, 2018
ARC was an after-school program that helped children by providing with a rich learning environment. On top of learning in the classroom students were also encouraged to learn how to participate in sports as well.
the hours were flexible
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 11, 2018
it was good. they want for their workers to strive for the best and their main focuse is on the children. they try to give them the most support they can give.
Company is not good
Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2018
There is a major problem with this company. They are not paying their workers on time, and keep saying that we will get paid soon just hold on.until the payroll can fix its system this has been going on for too many years.
Pros
like to work with people
Cons
not paying workers
great clients and doctors but poor management
Heart & Lung specialist (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVJuly 6, 2018
Excellent patients and doctors, great work culture but poor management. I've never worked in a job where I've been verbally berated, insulted, and talked to in a demeaning and accusatory manner. The low morale is like a cancer and seeps into every corner of this place. I learned a lot, enjoyed working with the best law enforcement agencies in my area but could not stomach the management. Family business= no managerial experience but promoted by birth right. High turn-over still leaves them scratching their heads...
Pros
excellent clientele
Cons
no benefits, poor management
Productive and fun place to work
Litter crew (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLJuly 5, 2018
It is a great place to work it is fun and fast paced. It was hot at times because we worked outside picking up trash off roadways and the interstate. Took trash to the landfills.
Pros
Free lunches lots of fun
Ok to work for.
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Boise, ID 83705July 5, 2018
Sometimes great, other times the stress of receiving new items and getting them onto the floor was difficult. Customers would get upset and they would not let me solve their problem, instead they wanted a manager.
nice company to work for
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 3, 2018
great company to work for. Too much favoritism and little pay, higher ups do not deal with situations right away- be prepared to get your needs and wants ignored. Great environment to work in, staff is tolerable.
Pros
overtime
Cons
not enough day hours
My favorite job thus far
Administrative/ Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 2, 2018
I had a wonderful experience working for this company. They became my second family, the employee morale is completely stupendous. I will miss working for them very much.
Very interesting place and people, great experience.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Eastern, KYJuly 2, 2018
Working here opened my eyes to what it would look like to be able to be in an environment where you could advance or make a career goal in life. Safley it just wasn't a fit for me. But this company is doing amazing things in the feild of Rehabilitation!
Pros
Great people, tons of knowlege and training.
Cons
Long stressful hours and low pay.
A work place for people 2ith disabilities
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLJune 30, 2018
I love working at The Arc. People there are very nice people to work with. I learned how to get a job. We learned about interviews, transportation,and much more
Pros
Free lunches, learning to work
Cons
Not paying attention
Very cordial friendly atmosphere at the work.
Logistics & Documentation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2018
A real nice company to work with. Very cordial friendly atmosphere at the work.
Your boss is your friend
Flexible working hours, good pay and conveniently located in Stafford TX area.
Pros
Very cordial friendly atmosphere at the work.
Cons
Practically nothing to add
Temp Project
Upgrad (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 18, 2018
temporary project, assigned by an I.T. agency.. experience was helpful to further my knowledge as a Computer Tech. most enjoyable part of the job was experiencing new challenges with every different case.. Great entry-level experience..
Fun work place
Afterschool Program Teacher (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 6, 2018
Great place to be around students that are fun welling to be loved and looking for that friend, teacher and someone they can talk to. From me working there I enjoyed helping kids with sports and they're projects
enjoyable
Addiction Resource Counselor (Former Employee) –  yellow springs, OhioJune 6, 2018
good management They will teach you what you need to know to move up in your field of study\. A good place to start your career. I enjoyed hearing the clients story and teaching them about drinking and driving.
Pros
Provides lunch and room and board for the weekens
Cons
Hearing all the sad stories.
More headaches than positives
Line Staff (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2018
Management are selectively supportive to who they like. Managers and directors compete against each other as well as talk about each other behind their back's creating a negative work environment for staff that are trying to look up to them for support. They also will mention raises and benefits, however, nothing will come about it. They aren't fair with PTO and other benefits when you work overnight programs. They also could have better management styles and supervisory skills.

Line staff; however, are great people to work with and unfortunately their pay doesn't reflect the level they work at. They were one of the two reason's I stayed working for this company. The second one was the youth you get to impact on a daily basis. However, I believe there are better companies out there in which you can give your 100% to and get 100% back.
Pros
Line staff you spend lots of time with, youth that look up to you and are able to impact.
Cons
Short to no breaks while on program, pay not equal to the service you provide, PTO issues, over work you 12-18 hour days with little to no support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Arc. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at The Arc.