The Aroostook Medical Center Employee Reviews

Every day was a busy day!
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEMarch 5, 2019
My job at TAMC was to register every patient that came into the hospital. One had to be fast and accurate when signing people in. There was very important information to get and make sure that it was correct. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet the patients and interact with them.
During the time that i was their, I work with unseasoned nurses who needed a lotand direction on in service
Staff Nurse 12 Bed Unit (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEJanuary 2, 2019
The Medical staff consisted of a lot of Out of state Providers.I don't fell that they had an investment with the Hospital. They were their to fill a position as I was. When I was there the Nurses spent more time on Facebook than caring for patients. It was kind of comical to work there.
Pros
Perfect place for a person who grew up there and wanted to remain in the area
Cons
Secluded, No ownership, No team work
Not more than a hospital
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEDecember 20, 2018
Working there for close to thirty years gives me a lot of time to see the issues and problems that have developed over the years with TAMC. Poor management has brought this company down so far that it is not the company that it used to be, for the patients. It does not strive for patients anymore, only for the bottom line. Too many managers going to too many meetings and then standing in hallways after the meetings talking and socializing. Too much money being spent trying to make this hospital look like it is treating patients with the best intentions and most up to date techniques when in fact they spend way too much money on moving offices and useless other things instead of equipment and sending nursing staff and others to educational learning to keep them up to date on the latest techniques in medicine. TAMC is wasteful and is not looking much better for the future.
Pros
convenient for elderly in a remote location
Cons
expensive hospital, not enought staff, long wait in ER, too much management.
I worked along great people, always learning something new, overall a great experience.
Billing Tech III (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MENovember 5, 2018
I worked an 8 hour day. It's important to prioritize what needs to be done first everyday. It was important to get our bills out first thing, and to follow up on accounts that were unpaid, or had a remaining balance, or had a credit. The management were incredible, everyone was easy to get along with, the rest of the staff was also great, and was there to help if needed. Id' say the hardest part of my job was learning all the different procedures to bill each and every type of Insurance. I was able to learn each one and moved from Billing Tech l to Billing Tech lll withing 2 years. I enjoyed every aspect of my job, as i got along with everyone in the office, i had my weekends off, which was great! I enjoyed learning, and also did a course in Medical Terminology which helped me understand more in the billing department. i also trained to do peer interviews, which allowed me to interview new candidates with a couple other fellow emloyerss.
Pros
I worked on my own, had no one standing over me to tell me what to do next.
Cons
I really have nothing to complain about. I really enjoyed working here.
A Place to work
Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Presque Isle, MENovember 2, 2018
to many meetings. Not the best orientation process. management is supportive but doesn't spend a lot of time going over things. the employees here are awesome
Cons
Not the greatest at orienting new staff
Was Student there
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEOctober 25, 2018
I was a student there completing my clinical rotation in the lab. I loved the laboratory and wished there was a job opening when I graduated. The staff was extremely helpful and had no problem going out of there way to do a teaching moment. The supervisors were more very well prepared and had all the tools to make the lab successful in all various circumstances. If they ever have a job opening i would take the opportunity to apply.
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEAugust 15, 2018
The Aroostook Medical Center is a good organization to work for overall. Although it has undergone many changes over the last few years - some good and some that could be better from an employee perspective- TAMC is a good place to work. The employees are friendly and helpful to each other. I've learned many skills working here and continue to learn each day. The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty due to many jobs being transitioned to EMHS for shared services etc. The most enjoyable part of my job are my coworkers- we are a small group and we truly work extremely well together and are always willing to help each other out when needed.
Pros
compensation is very good for this area
Cons
health insurance
Second home!
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEJune 14, 2018
The Aroostook Medical Center has been my second home in the past. The people make the hospital. Friendly staff that truly care about each other. A small community hospital with closely knit people. Always looking to advance and be a part of the new technology.
Great Work Environment, Very Fulfilling
Guest Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEJune 11, 2018
I loved this job! I wish I could have taken this job with me when I went to college. It was a great part-time job for a student. She was flexible with the scheduling, offered more hours when available, understanding of life circumstances.
Pros
Great Work Environment, easy scheduling
Cons
work alone most of the time
High pace work environment with a lot of extras to your job
Healthcare Service Associate (HSA) (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed my work in the department I was in. It is a very high pace job which I enjoy however they will load you up with unexpected duties and tasks without a lot of notice. Sometimes expectations for one persons duties is overwhelming. Most departments need more staffing then is provided.
Pros
Friendly working staff
Cons
most departments understaffed

Want to know more about The Aroostook Medical Center?

Ask a question
Tamc
Financial Internship (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEMarch 30, 2018
TAMC works hard to ensure their employees are happy and well taken care of. The CEO is personable and accessible. Management is generally good and allow their employees the freedom to do their jobs.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEFebruary 7, 2018
While working at TAMC I have seen wonderful team work. Everyone is friendly and hard working, there's always someone asking what they can do to help you even the Nurses. Everyone cares so well for their patients. I would recommend TAMC to anyone.
good staff
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEJanuary 28, 2018
1430-2230. no lunch. three techs on evening shift. one covers hematology and blood bank. one runs chemistry and special chem. one floats (phlebotomy) and covers urinalysis and microbiology.
Professional Internship
HIM Internship, Acute Care (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEJanuary 13, 2018
Each manager and each department maintained a casual, yet professional atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed working and learning here. People are caring and patient. I was given numerous opportunities to job shadow, attend meeting and gain valuable experience.
It is a great place to work.
Customer Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEDecember 22, 2017
I enjoyed my job and had a great manager and employees to work for and with. My job was rewarding and I got to meet alot of different people. I also lived working with the volunteers.
Pros
Gift shop employees got 20 percent off and the hospital employees got 10 percent off.
Cons
Healthcare was expensive.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MENovember 30, 2017
The hospital was a great place to work and I never intended to leave but was laid off when the upper management asked all departments to trim unnecessary workers to reduce budgets.
Pros
Great benefits
bad experience
Contract surgical nurse (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MENovember 19, 2017
poorly run OR. I never was treated like the permanent staff and was given the worse assignments daily.
I was not treated with respect or professionally
Pros
Cons
many
Transcriber (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEAugust 5, 2017
I enjoyed my time at The Aroostook Medical Center. I worked with a friendly group of people with compassion who put patient's first. Everyone strives to do their very best.
Productive work
Guest Relationship (Former Employee) –  Presque Isle, MEMarch 11, 2017
You may know new people has a guest relationship working at the front desk at the hospital. It was a good experience at the time that I was there . I really recommended.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Brreaks
Too many managers not enough hard workers
The lowest there is, and you are reminded. (Current Employee) –  Presque Isle, MENovember 25, 2016
I work there and have been trying to find some thing else for a couple months. It is the most vexing place on planet earth to work. You bust your behind and get crapped on while the ones who stumble around doing jack get rewarded, coddled, and praised. There is zero room for advancement, the pay for what you do is atrocious, and some of the people you encounter daily are nothing short of.... well I will leave that alone. There are some good ones I will admit. There are days where it really is not so bad but the bad does out weigh the good. Side note, the new CEO is fantastic and could well turn it all around. It starts by listening to the little people though.
Pros
Schedule stays relatively the same, unless your specific department manager is an idiot.
Cons
LAZY people, insanely complex and irritating hierarchy, two faced people up the wazzoo, drama factory, ZERO room for growth no matter your potential.