The Association for the Developmentally Disabled

The Association for the Developmentally Disabled Employee Reviews

Add
Administrative Assistant, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHMay 25, 2018
My manager would sit up in her office not doing anything. She would be in her office on facebook with the lights off. She would have favorites. She would make accepts for certain people.
Great college job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 25, 2018
ADD had a great culture. Corporate values are strong and represent accountability, diversity, investment in associates, and supporting our base within the community.
I met a lot of wonderful people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2017
ADD is a very involved community of people with Developmental Disabilities and staff members. The consumers (clients) were very loving, caring and fun to be with. Even though I was just the receptionist, I learned a lot about being one.
Pros
Positive Environment
Cons
Vey peaceful and client thoughtful campany.
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHMarch 18, 2015
As a worker, Add empowered me to effectively serve my clients and at the same time, meet the needs of their clientele effectively the whole time I was there.
Pros
Bonus payments and resident parties were memorable moments.
Cons
sometimes one may end up working long hours when co workers do not relieve them on time.
Used to be a fun place to work
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 30, 2014
I began as a driver, then got 'promoted" to a light maintenance position. Then 6 months in I got promoted to Transportation Coordinator. Fast forward a bit, the first year and a half was great filled with good times, work challenges, etc. Then they brought in a new CEO who laughingly promised transparency, said we were in a bad financial state "but slowly growing back". If you are bouncing back as a company who has had it rough, you do not sell half your fleet, sell some of your homes (assets) and eliminate positions all together. I put in my two weeks after being there a little over 2 years because I truly could not stand the way management stepped on people. To top it all off, I found out just a little while after I left that the company was being bought out by another company. What company you know of that is getting better financially that would participate in a merger? The only companies that do that are companies that can no longer cut it on their own.
Pros
Meeting all the individuals with disabilities
Cons
Benefits were very expensive, management was in constant flux, rules were in constant flux
great people
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJuly 27, 2014
great leadership team poor upper management "kathe" poor pay unfair working conditions
Health care facility that suports adults with disabilities to give them a better quality of life
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHOctober 17, 2013
Typical day at work: was rewarding in itself, seeing the adults with disabilities gave me a new outlook on life. Being the multi tasker that I am my days were continously non-stop and always "putting out fires" of some sort.

What I learned:more respect for those with disabilities and how they can make a difference in ones life. How to handle the day to day challenges of being a multi-tasker.

Management: In all honesty middle and lower management I have the highest respect for them.

Co-workers: my co-workers were great to be around and very supporative. I looked forward to coming to work each day, not only because of my job in itself, and knowing that we all are team players helping each other with projects, and a mentor was rewarding.

Hardest part of the job: Not sure that there was any, I enjoy the everday challenges of my job and am always confident in the task that I performed.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Everything. Knowing that when I left at the end of the day that I felt I had accomplished what I planned to for that day and could come to work the next day often knowing I could continue and/or begin a new project.
STNA/DIRECT-CARE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2013
They showed me the way to the light. I got to know persons with developmental disabilities through this company initially.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 20, 2013
I enjoyed working in the work palce enviroment, good co- workers
Pros
Taking consumers in the enviroment
A complex organization with a "dodgeball" aspect to it. Catch quickly or you're out!
Role - I.T. System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 19, 2013
N/A
I cannot provided you with details on this company if the informaiton will be made public.
N/A
Pros
Great employees.
Cons
Management engaged in complex mind games with the employees.
Great Experience
Community Connections Activities Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 3, 2013
A valuable and evolving enterprise. A challenging and rewarding work experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Association for the Developmentally Disabled. Our community is ready to answer.

The Association for the Developmentally Disabled Reviews by Location