The ASSURANCE Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Insuarnace
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 5, 2018
A good place to get started in the insurance field. Lead are provided. High turnover rate. Road warrior sales position. Not for the faint of heart. Must be able to handle rejection. One time sales close.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Travel
Best company so far
Sales (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 18, 2018
Compared to their competition and my previous experience with other companies- this company is the best both in their training, office morale, fullfilling promises and how they treat their reps and clients overall.
Relaxed Work atmosphere
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2018
Great relaxed atmosphere. It is a sales oriented Insurance business. The more client contact the more the compensation. Management is very helpful and all co-workers are willing to help in any way possible to help you succeed.
Cut throat environment.
Broker Agent (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 25, 2018
I have learned that the insurance industry as a whole is not a career choice that I would ever make again or suggest to anyone. I had nothing but a negative experience.
Pros
Non
Great environment to work in.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALJanuary 24, 2018
Great place to work. Not for everyone, very stressful with a lot of rules and regulations to keep up with that are forever changing. Deal a lot with flood insurance as well as as force placed insrance.
Na
New Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCJanuary 17, 2018
The Assurance Group is a great place to work with great people that become family. Such a wonderful experience would recommend to anyone. This is a company where you just don't feel like a number!
good company started from scratch
State director (Former Employee) –  Macon, GADecember 26, 2017
My immediate boss was fantastic. There was a big problem in getting the licensed reps to stay on because of glitches with payroll. They felt like the company was holding back on them.
No Comment
Senior Agent (Current Employee) –  USADecember 14, 2017
-100 % commission based
-Flexible hours
-can be challenging to book appointments
-questionable leads
-High turnover rate
-no reimbursement for travel costs
Have to be well disciplined.
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 12, 2017
Don't give up in the 1sy year. Unless you live at a town where there is a home office not very much support. The good thing is that you don't have anybody pressuring you or breathing down your neck and you have multiple multiple companies and carriers and products to offer to your clients.
Pros
Work when you want.
Cons
No benefits, chargebacks
commission sales can be a challenge
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Archdale, NCDecember 6, 2017
The work place was outside sales. Prospecting for new clients was daily along with working appointment scheduled by me giving presentation on insurance programs. I learned how to work with a diverse group of people. Some client were upper income working class of $80,000 to $120,000. Some clients were lower income usually seniors ranging in income of $18,000 to $30,000. The hardest part of the job is going to appointments where no one home. Appointment forgotten or people decided no interest. Those I made no money. The most enjoyable part of the job is having successful appointments and people bought the program. Those appointment I made money and in sales the commission sometime is a large amount.
Pros
Working with people teaches how to build lasting relationships and clients
Cons
working for commission only is very challenging and sometimes disappointing
good conditions
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Archdale, NCNovember 11, 2017
fair opportunity, no benefits, commission only. The opportunity is a blessing. Able to hire to build my own team. opportunity for self employment working my own hours. People are other agents trying to succeed in insurance sales. No lead program. Contact are self generated.
Pros
training
Cons
lots of travel, on road sales
The Biggest joke of an Insurance Brokerage in the business.
Senior Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 27, 2017
This was the worst experience I have ever encountered in the Insurance business by far. Low, if any actual pay to the working agents. The so-called free leads are extremely old, and they are not free at all. The single worst communication among upper management and agents there could ever exist, and a very much "Don't bother us.", attitude at the home office, are just to name a few reasons Never to get involved with this horrific and terrible and very much disfunctional company. A zero on the scale of one to five all the way around.
Pros
None/Zero
Cons
Way too many to list, just disgraceful.
Typical Insurance brokerage
Agency Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 8, 2017
At first seemed like a good work culture with responsive home office. Very quickly realized that the initial enticements were not realistic. Promised excellent leads that turned out to be years old. Eventually realized that the company's focus was on high cost and low face-value life insurance (final expense insurance) which was not what I signed on for. All support and training was geared toward that.
Pros
great people and friendly work environment
Cons
high pressure to sell low value insurance policies
Poor management/ training
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALSeptember 25, 2017
They pretty much expect you to train yourself. Human resource manager works part time from home, so there is no support in house. Owner of the company was very unfriendly. They do offer a lot of paid time off, insurance is not affordable.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Training/ management
Just ok
Agent (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCSeptember 18, 2017
Poor leads and often very demanding schedule. Pay was extremely unfair. Management was friendly, but not always supportive or caring. Office environment was poor.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
old, dated leads
Excellent work place and great leaders
Licensed Insurance Field Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 7, 2017
Has a lead program which you can obtain lead cards and then call and set appointments. The culture is excellent and everyone is willing to help you succeed.
Questionable Management
Agent (Former Employee) –  AshevilleMay 20, 2017
At least in Asheville, the management is questionable. Good support outside from the main office, but the manager is disrespectful. Drove off the top Medicare Salesperson last year, and this year drove off the #3 salesperson in the country AND the top annuity producer. Why would a company keep a manager that does this?
Pros
Flexible hours, decent pay
Cons
Screaming boss/too much nepotism
Love working as an independent broker
Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 5, 2017
Absolutely love it and the ability to help others who need it and educating the public on the best benefits for their situation. Love the freedom to make my own schedule. Only a few downs to it like the agents that take advantage of the clients, The straight commissions only and lack of benefits.
Pros
Helping people in need, own schedule, ability to be flexible
Cons
No benefits, comissions only
Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 3, 2017
I love working to help our senior citizens. Helping them save money and make ways to better there money. Knowing that I am a daily help to give then a better life. Comfortable with the way I talk to them on the phone and treat them. Knowing they are happy makes me happy.
Poor leads
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 21, 2017
Poor leads
I iwoiuld not recommend thus employer to anyone. I found management as inadequate to suport a life insurance producer.
The company does not keep its promises.