The ASSURANCE Group

Working at The ASSURANCE Group: 35 Reviews

United States35 reviews

Good environment, friendly coworkers

The people there are awesome. Very encouraging and always happy to help. It’s commission only and you have to put in a lot of time to make enough money. Not necessarily good for someone who needs a stable income.

Flexible and fun

Great place to work. Good pay with great leadership. People are welcoming and the training is superior. They give you all the tools to succeed. They are a good company.

The ASSURANCE Group insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Stinks

Tag stinks. You can make money but the FE market is low income folks in impoverished neighborhoods, so if you want to spend your time knocking on doors of people who want a free gift card and got like half a brain this is the job for you.

Bad bad bad

I was with this company for a summer. They gave me 3-5 year old leads that had little to know chance of success. They push Final expense insurance to everyone that breathes. Some of the people we contacted had no money to spare and were barely making ends meat but expected us to try to sell them some terrible policy. They also only pay like 60% of what is written. I know other insurance comps that pay over 100% of what is written. Worst decision of my life. Do not touch.

Pros

Cons

Literally everything.

great to help new agents

office on mondays for you get help onboarding, "free" leads help w getting ready to sell medicarein my first month i did ten medicare enrollments, 4 from leads 6 my own. a lot of door knocking. you have to build your own network to generate leads. no base salary. have to sell.

Pros

help getting started

Cons

no paid training

Good company to work for

As long as you have a reliable car and are a self starter, this is not a bad company to work for. Pay was good, its insurance so not every deal sticks.

Pros

Free leads, great management

Cons

Isolated, need a vehicle

It was good while there. Can make decent money

This position was great for part time. They worked with your schedule and paid weekly. If they offer full time take it. Great company, clean facility and helpful team.

Pros

Weekly pay

Cons

None really

Captive agency and 40% contract to start

Not the best company by far. But if you want free leads this is a good spot for you. TAG is a lead company on steroids.

Good place for new Agents to start their careers

This is a good company for career agents to start since there is no cost for the leads. Good people, good leads, comp leaves a bit to be desired. Thanks

Pros

work life balance

Cons

comp

Flexible schedule

Ability to be flexible in your work schedule. The free lead program did not work for me because of age of leads. There was not enough mentoring support from management for me. The experience working as an independent agent was valuable.

Pros

Flexibility in work schedule.

Cons

No mentor support

not a good work environment

did not like the philosophy of the company and the way it treated its customers. pressure selling. did not agree with their selling methods, wanted to make uncomfortable situations.

Pros

fexibility

Good, not great

Great people to work with, but the pay is inconsistent and the days can be very long. Commission only pay. Self-motivated is a must. Good job, may not be the best long-term career option.

Exciting and fun

Work with seniors to educate and find solutions for their medicare, life insurance, longterm care, annuities, and other products. The management was awesome! Flexible work schedule.

Pros

Unlimited potential, friendly work environment, smile everyday

Cons

You may meet with prospects with nasty homes

Call center will suck you dry!!

First of all, the post cards that potential clients return are very misleading. It sounds like they might qualify for a free benefit that will pay 100% of their funeral expenses. It also states they’ll receive a free Walmart gift card if they return the post card. Guess who pays for the gift card? Not The Assurance Group (TAG), YOU DO!!The call center charges 11.50 per appointment that they set. That’s all fine and good if you’re making money! I’ve listened to the calls and the scripts are as deceptive as the post card! They don’t tell the people why someone is coming to their house other than to “deliver the gift card and their info”. You’d be amazed how many people will either say they only wanted the gift card or they thought they won it. They do not know you’re there to sell life insurance; however, you still owe for the bogus appointments. So you’ll literally go in the hole paying for appointments. They don’t tell you all the fees that carriers charge etc. I only wrote 4 applications after working for 3-4 weeks and was only paid $137 TOTAL!!! It’s a JOKE!! Good luck if you still decide to work for TAG.

Pros

Set your own hours

Cons

Post cards and call center are deceptive and a joke!!

Warning Do not work for this company

If you want to live they will not give you a release letter unless you fight with them , very irresposable and unproffesional people . I will never work for a company like this .

Pros

No Pros

Cons

A lot of Cons .

Horrible compensation living in a fantasy world

Probably one of the worse Insurance agencies you can work for. They start you out at 50% to 60% comp plan. They control your pay, most carriers send direct deposit directly to the agent but not these guys. No day 1 vesting. Company is in a trust you will never own any shares of it. Lead system is horrible that's why they are free and they run out of leads in certain areas so you have to drive sometimes 2 hrs to work. The leads are free because at that low comp plan you are paying for them and the "FREE" trips for hitting certain levels you are paying for that also. Ask them to start you at 100% like most agencies do they will laugh at you.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

pay is horrible, leads are horrible and sold back over and over

Great company

TAG is the Best brokerage I have ever worked for. Very flexible company . I love the management team and everything they do to keep the flow going. $$

Average

I have no real feedback to give on my time there, as I had a handful of different positions in the short amount of time that I was employed there. no feedback.

Absolutely the pits!

99% of leads are from low income buyers not able to pay their premiums then If the buy, you get a commission but 2 or 3 months later they cant pay their premium, and then you're backcharged the commission you've been paidyour commission is now owed instead of in the bank.

They no longer exist in Tampa

My direct supervisor was the bees knees. But his branch manager was the pits. Would assume that’s the reason the branch is no longer in existence. This WAS a local insurance agency that focused on annuity sales.

I like working here

great place to work. I was just ready for a change. They went through a restructuring and I decided to not continue with the new owners. Still a good company though.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The ASSURANCE Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits