The Atlantic Group Employee Reviews

Great Employees & Great Company Culture
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 12, 2019
Atlantic Group in Boston breaks the mold of a typical staffing firm.
There is a great office culture, team environment and you are given the opportunity to grow your career. I enjoy going to work every day in a tough industry
Pros
Culture, Employees & Management
Cons
Make you feel used and once they are through they let you go.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 29, 2018
At first they are there for you but once they have given you an evaluation they don't follow up to see if you have done what they suggested and then they let you go when they don't have a need for you anymore. A very two faced company.
very hot and very cold conditions at times, great compensation.
Mechanic/Fitter (Service Water Project) (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NC, Rock Hill SCOctober 26, 2018
12 hour or more on shifts, you must be flexible about night shift or day shift. Have to be able to pass all training and tests to attain nuclear clearance.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no benefits, contract jobs
Great
Electrical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oconee Nuclear StationOctober 1, 2018
The work that I performed with The Atlantic Group was to monitor the electrical work that was being performed to ensure that the work was being performed with Safety, Quality, and efficient.
Good company to work for
Site Administrative Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 18, 2018
Great learning experience if interested in working in the energy/utility industry. Opportunity for travel is great. Unfortunately, no longer in business as the owner sold the company to a conglomerate.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
No longer owned by a private owner
Atlantic Review
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2018
small shop, nothing much to see here. a typical day is wasting time in a saturated market at low markup ratios. not a place to go to unless they want to expand markets
they use you
Manager (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYJuly 12, 2018
work long hours, little quality of life. If you have a certain "look" you'll fit in, a lot of favoritism

I learned a lot, I'll give them that much. There were good days and a lot of stressful days. Too much work for one individual
Pros
staff is friendly and sociable
Cons
Super hectic, very demanding. unrealistic expectations, poor management.
Very understanding and open environment to be yourself
Showroom Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
The Atlantic Group always made me feel more like a partner rather than just another employee. Introduced me to people, fields, and opportunities. It allowed me to be myself while still representing the company and work ethic.
Pros
Didn't feel like work because of the staff and team
Cons
I didn't stay longer to continue expanding with the company
It was very interesting work
Track walker (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 30, 2018
Each Plant is different, some you like and some you don't. The Atlantic Group was one of my favorite contractors to work for. Since this was nuclear plants you worked around radiation so you really had to practice safety. The hardest part was being away from family for extended periods of time.The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting up with old co-workers at the different places we were sent.
No reveiw
Finance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 29, 2018
I am not providing a review. I do not want to provide information regarding a prior employer. My time was spent with the client and no time with the agency so there is very little data to offer
Fun and Intense
Skilled Labor (Former Employee) –  Wintersburg, AZJanuary 19, 2018
Always have to be learning new things to keep up with safety and fire procedures to keep people safe. Management was thorough and efficient. The workplace had a great culture.
Steady work
Pipefitter, type (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 7, 2018
Steady work day, just a little pushing to get work done. The management was fair to all. The work place had an assortment of different cultures. Pay was good and job was steady.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Temp work
I love working here
Adminstrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tonopah, AZOctober 15, 2017
I had excellent management at this company. If it were not for the mass layoffs at Palo Verde Nuclear...I would more than likely still be working for them.
Pros
good money and hours
Cons
contract position
very hard work
Class 2 Mechanic (Former Employee) –  all over the USOctober 11, 2017
the job detailed a crew of workers traveling around the country working in power plants of all makes coal burners,hydro plants and nuclear plants we reworked the condensers
Pros
got to travel the country
Cons
had to live out of a suite case
good pay
Thermonuclear Coatings Technician (Former Employee) –  Surry, VAAugust 22, 2017
always on the road never knowing when you will get laid off or work next they do not try to keep you busy with other work which will put you on unemployment for most of the time
knowledgeable staff
Background Investigator (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 10, 2017
This was an interesting company to work for. I was in charge of conducting background checks on potential employees to work for electrical plants.This position required a lot of reading and investigating to ensure that the right employees for the job were hired. The downfall to this company is that they didn't provide health benefits.
Pros
the work environment and employees
Cons
no health benefits
great place to work
Structural welder (Former Employee) –  Newark, ARAugust 1, 2017
There are a lot of great people that will take time to help as needed with anyone that is not sure about anything. the management is fantastic and very helpful
Pros
great team
Cons
a lot of hours
good
Pipefitter, welder, rigger (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 25, 2017
Get to travel and meet people and go to another job with them. Learning how to get along with others. work place is good. enjoyed working for this company.
DZ atlantic
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Brownville, NEMay 31, 2017
I worked there prior to being a under vessel tech and performed fire watch and FME at the direction of my supervisor with basically was making sure there weren't any combustables in the area during hot work
junior project manager
Junior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  1156 avenue of the americas 9th floorMarch 8, 2017
typical day, come in and check emails, follow up with clients, have a meeting with senior pm to go over daily tasks, work with sales team for new bids and projects.

great friendly place but lots of pressure with deadlines. may have to stay in late to complete.
Pros
annual trips and free breakfast fridays
Cons
healthcare was expensive, no maternity leave

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Atlantic Group. Our community is ready to answer.