The Austin Company Employee Reviews

World class work enviroment
Contracted Planner to Northrop Grumman (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAMarch 22, 2018
They take care of their people, like they don't ever leave, only retire.
Interesting Big Projects in food, aerospace and automotive industries. Multiple offices to handle work/clients across the country.
Pros
Very good people managers
Cons
No Bonuses, TAC owned by Kajima Corp.
Fun place to work while I was there
Electrical CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 2, 2018
Lead designer and CAD coordinator for electrical lighting, power, phone, data, & security systems. This was a fun place to work and everyone worked as a team not individually.
Pros
Company get togethers .. great team work
Cons
n/a
Design Build Firm
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2017
Design Build firm. Learned and was involved in project from the very early stages thru design engineering, procurement and construction. Enjoyed interface with owners on a verity of projects.

Most were fast track. Honed skills on fast track project delivery.
Enjoyable
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 10, 2017
Fun working place with multi national employees. I would have been working if there had not been a nation wide economical crisis.
They have about 50 engineers who are working daily. There are several engineering departments such as: Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Structural, Architectural, and construction management department. They have projects in all over the United states.
Pros
Large consulting firm
Cons
Bad manger
General labor
GENERAL LABORER (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIOctober 6, 2017
Being a general laborer is hard work. It is exactly as the name says, you dig, demo, clean up after and in general do things that other people don't want to do or don't have time to do. It can be dangerous. There is a lot of change you might not do the same thing hour to hour let alone day to day. If you like change and aren't adverse to hard work this might be a good fit for you.
Pros
decent pay, healthcare and a pension retirement plan
Cons
no paid time off, short breaks and lunch, unpredictability during inclement weather, working outside in extreme conditions
Was a good place to work
Computer Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2017
Ran network of Sun Solaris Unix server and to windows migration of Windows NT server. Was a good group of people to work with. Very polite and friendly.
Pros
Located in downtown Houston
Cons
None.
New Management has hurt the company
Cheif Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 9, 2017
They are an exciting place to work for. They have very impressive project executives and project managers. Their chief engineers are top notch and are pressed to manage upsets in program changes to mitigate budget overruns.
Large scale construction environment
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 10, 2016
The day began with an engineering meeting to set daily objectives. We would then go out to meet with the construction leaders and resolve issues throughout the day. I learned how a typical blueprint manifests into an actual building. The management team was very knowledgeable and helpful. My co-workers were very helpful and supportive. The hardest part of the job was meeting the dynamic deadlines set by the ownership. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the daily successes. As a young mechanical engineer, this was a dream job.
Pros
Interacting with the sub-contractors
Cons
The end of the construction, looking for a job.
Excellent Project and Comaoany to work with
Safety officer/Interim Quality Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2015
Very rewarding
Ilearned that my future as A Quality Control Junior Experience with The Austin Company was a very good stepping stone
management was excellent
co-workers were an exceptionally good team
hardest part of my job was not hard due to my co-worker team
most enjoyable was that i found out that my future had taken a very positive step
Pros
all
Cons
some but minimal
Great place to work and work for
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 5, 2015
I was there for a long time, learned so much. But in the end they were bought out by a bigger company, and I was let go, or I would be there today.
Pros
i loved it there
Cons
I had none.
Excellent business
Business Developer (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 12, 2014
I worked here during college. The company taught me a lot about the contractor side of the business. Not only was I working to increase sales. I also learned the building and application side of the business.
very large company
Supervisory Structural Drafter (Former Employee) –  irvine, caDecember 23, 2013
great quality of work from team, but when work project was ending they let people go
Pros
good quality
Cons
laid off work force when project ran out
Good work place
William Helton was my supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 12, 2013
Superior installation of vinyl products and they know their products well. Superior customer service.
Pros
Very good pay
Cons
Hoy in summer and cold in winter
The Adventure Position In My Career
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 21, 2013
The Austin Company had a three year contract with the John Wayne Airport in Orange County, to build a three-layer parking structure.

When I was working on-site, at the airport, I found it to be a memorable adventure to my work experience. This position brought challenges on a daily basis. It was an accomplishment to get the tasks down and it was crucial to meet deadlines.

I learned while working in this position for The Austin Company, that I possess the self-motivated and goal-oriented characteristics. I enjoyed the unlimited domestic and international people I interacted with.

When the job was complete, and even to this day, whenever I look at that parking structure, it is with pride. In some strange way, I feel a piece of me will always remain with that structure, even after I am gone from this life.
Pros
The benefits that were given to the On-Site Austin employees by the Airport Representatives
Cons
The traffic at the airport
A good company
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 17, 2013
This company doesn't exist anymore. I learned alot with the Austin COmpany.
Excellent Company to work for.
Computer Systems Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 6, 2013
Excellent Company to work for. Excellent benefits. Excellent work/life balance.
Pros
full medical benefits from the day you start.
Cons
none.
you learn new things
welder (Former Employee) –  Yadkinville, NCJanuary 23, 2012
I learned how to spot weld and weld which I didn't know how to do when I started there. I started out spot welding and then went to welding.
Pros
not afarid to let you try new things
Cons
in the summer time it is really hot