The Bair Foundation Employee Reviews

Good Christian Environment with great employees
Foster Parent Recruiter/ Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 11, 2018
Great co-workers and upper management staff. If I ever had a question about any particular thing, I could ask my supervisor and I could get an answer in a good timely manner. The workload can be stressful, but it's up to the worker to utilize self-care. A typical work week included phone calls/e-mails/text messages to potential foster parents, going into the community to recruit, looking for different events to participate in, and conducting trainings. The pay is really good for a Social Work position. Benefits were also a plus. The mileage ratio was great. Although it took almost 3 weeks to get expense reports back, they are really good at paying you back for what you paid for. I honestly loved my job and people I worked with and for.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stress (typcial work stress)
Bair is a great place to work and offered a lot of awesome benefits!
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Kent, OhioMarch 2, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time working at the Bair Foundation. It was an environment with a nice paced work flow and a lot of opportunities to learn and grow as a professional. I felt that the Administration and Senior Level Management were very receptive to suggestions and were willing to make a lot of changes that were very positive for my staff. They offer generous paid time off and also a training budget for staff to use for training and also licensing renewals and upgrades. Overall, it was a great place to work!
Pros
Pto, Paid Training, Receptive Management
Great for new therapists and people who want to make a difference
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  New MexicoFebruary 26, 2018
I worked at the Bair Foundation as a therapist. My co-workers were helpful and collaborative. You truly feel like you are making a difference each day. As a new therapist, it will help to strengthen ability to treatment plan, deal with complex issues, and increase your confidence as a clinician.
Pros
PTO; benefits; great learning environment
Cons
on call shifts
Incredibly team oriented work environment committed to helping children in need.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 16, 2018
My experience at The Bair Foundation was extremely positive. The supervisors were very supportive and helpful, truly cared about their employees well being and encouraged a healthy Work/life balance. The entire staff operated as a strong team that worked together to do whatever possible to help the children in their care. The staff worked efficiently to provide therapeutic services to the foster children and support/guidance to all of the foster families. I strongly recommend The Bair Foundation to anyone looking for a rewarding career in the social work field.
Pros
Team oriented and supportive.
High Burnout
In-Home Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Not enough hours to complete requirements.
Lack of investment in employees
High Turn Over for both:
co-workers
supervisors
Management, above the supervisors, burnout their workers.
Meaningful career, good PTO
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time with The Bair Foundation. You get many paid holidays and PTO days- more so than with any other companies I’ve seen. Good benefits such as health insurance, 401k, some educational funds, etc. Allowance for a flexible schedule depending on your position within the office.
Difficult to manage work life
Treatment Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 16, 2018
A typical day includes commuting to see families in four different counties across the Albuquerque area. Training and mentoring foster families to house and raise youth that have tremendous traumatic and problematic behaviors and diagnosis. You are required to work long hours to complete redundant paperwork on a system that rarely works properly. The office space is too small and not conducive to achieving daily goals as all the cubicles for Treatment Coordinators are very close together. Treatment Coordinators are required to perform training and facilitating duties as well as update foster parent licensing files. It is very difficult to utilize flex time as the management team tends to micro manage and does not like to problem solve "outside the box".
Pros
working with great families and children in need
Cons
hours, pay, and managment
Difficult Work/Life Balance
Lead Clinical Staff (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 7, 2018
Challenging to balance work life and social life due to the high needs of the clients and work load. Excellent staff and very collaborative work environment.
quick-paced, stressful
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Professional development was the best experience. Hardest part of the job was staying on top of paperwork and having to raise items for events to benefit clients. Too much to do and not enough time in the day.
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Paperwork, lack of upper management support, recruitment
Loved Working Here!
STATE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 2, 2017
Staff work hard for children and families. Coworkers support each other. Friendly work environment. Relaxed work environment. State Director was a great Supervisor and very supportive! Learned alot working here.
Pros
Work & family balance
Cons
My commute
i love my job
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 18, 2017
Bair is an awesome agency. The staff provide quality care for the children and are very supportive of our foster parents. The leardship team does an awesome job supporting the employees.
Pros
benefits, Pto, treated like family
Cons
my commute
Professional
Director of Social Services (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
My direct supervisor was great. But there were many other supervisors above her would not allow her to do her job and mine effectively. The culture was laid back but at the same time professional.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Very underminding
Loved my job!
PQI (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 5, 2017
A great deal of training opportunities for foster parents and staff. Office is in a great location. My immediate supervisor was fair and friendly. My work hours were reasonable and the company allowed for flexible schedule. Peers treat each other with fairness and respect.
Fast paced and rewarding
Social Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 1, 2017
This position is perfect for those who love children and have a passion for serving. It is great if those who do not have other commitments and enjoying traveling. Relaxed work environment and great coworkers.
Stressful and money driven
Director of Intake (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 24, 2017
I was charged with bringing in new foster parents and matching children. I was told the overall quality of the foster parents was better with my efforts. I had to also back fill placements and foster parents that were lost and maintain a consistent growth. My 1st manager had many personal challenges and was not retaining the foster parents with good case management. My numbers were not able to provide the growth due to loss of placements and foster parents. I left after not being able to provide the needed growth.
Pros
Loved helping the children and getting good foster parents.
Cons
Stress of making numbers
Good company overall
State Director of Virginia (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 5, 2017
This is a good company overall. Christian based with management at corporate falling within that statement. Not sure if local divisions of the company have that same moral standard.
Friendly atmosphere and fun place to work even though it was stressful.
Social Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 2, 2017
Dealing with children that are in foster care is difficult and stressful, yet so rewarding too. I enjoyed working with the families and children. At times it was long days but so worth it.
Pros
great benefits
A rewarding job
Director of Social Services (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 1, 2017
Working at the Bair Foundation is rewarding. You may put in long days and lots of paperwork but when you see the changes in kids and families it is worth it. You have the chance to help others that you might not in another job or field. Never is there a day that is boring, each day provides new experiences. If you are looking for a job that is rewarding, exciting, fast paced, and you love to learn then Bair Foundation is the place for you.
Pros
Good PTO benefits, small close knit offices, co-workers that support each other
Cons
Some long days, on-call, lots of paperwork
Perfect starter job if you have NO obligations/family/life
Social Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 22, 2017
HIGH HIGH very HIGH turnover rate. Stressful work environment, constant changes in policies and paperwork. Work endlessly and little time for family. Pay is no where comparable with the demands of the job. Office morale is always low.
Pros
This job is perfect for someone with no life. Great for those starting out there SW career.
Cons
Anxiety, emotional and physical stress, no life
Rewarding but exhausting
Professional Counselor (LPC) (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHAugust 21, 2017
I love my job - but have a few reservations. I get to make a difference for people who have experienced extremes of trauma and abuse / neglect. My supervisor is swell. There is change at the organization, so I won't mention my reservations because they could change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Bair Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight