The Bair Foundation Employee Reviews

An unhealthily hostile work environment rewarding social status over excellence
receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 28, 2018
To be brief, I was not adequately trained in my position, such that on month into the job I still was not aware of my full duties. This was a pattern as coworkers that had occupied similar positions were in a similar situation. Additionally, many of my coworkers were actively hostile through high-schoolesque passive aggressive behaviors. Finally, there were the issues I ran into as a man in the workplace: I did not eat lunch with my coworkers because of the objectifying nature of the conversation toward anyone male.
Pros
Long lunches, relaxed guidelines on substance use, coworkers that might flirt with you
Cons
coworkers that might flirt with you, hostile work environment, poor training procedures
Great atmosphere for a passionate career
Permanency/Adoption Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 9, 2018
The Bair Foundation is a wonderful place to work if you are passionate for caring and helping those in need. The job requires you to learn how to be flexible since you can never predict what may arise in a case. The best part of the job is working with kids and having a breakthrough on the case. Maybe they are finally reaching out to you for help, or maybe you're able to witness them smile for the first time in a long time. Yes, the job can emotionally tough but the little moments truly make it worth while. The hardest part of the job is accepting that cannot fix anything - but you keep trying anyway.
There is no typical day in this field. You may have an office day or you may be on the road visiting with 4 different kids - or a little bit of both. This job allows you to work from home as well which is a nice perk and a good time saver.. The atmosphere in the office is fantastic. Everyone is kind, caring, and passionate abtout the work they do. It is a nonprofit Christian organization that uses Christian morals, but nothing is forced upon you and absolutely no judgement is given. I learned so much from this career that I can carry with me for a lifetime. The supervisors/managment are always available to help you and lead you to the bset course of action. This is truly the bset place I have ever worked.
Pros
benefits include heath, vision, dental, 401k (or similar), life insurance and more through Aflac, 20+ days of PTO
Cons
No Cons to note. The company tells you the expectations from the start.
Great place to work under right management
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 30, 2018
I worked with TBF for 6 years in two locations both had pros and cons. I learned under the right leadership things ran smooth and it was a delightful environment. Under the wrong management it was stressful and tiresome. Tbf gives great benefits and compensates for extra work and effort. Stresses the importance of continued education and provides a training budget and tuition reimbursement. Great upper management.
Pros
PTO and benefits, flexible, great team
Cons
Little room for advancement
Job
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 27, 2018
I have worked with the Bair Foundation for about a month as a treatment coordinator. The Bair Foundation is a great opportunity for professional developmental growth. At the Bair Foundation, you will learn so much in which you can apply in your field of work such as how to establish good rapport with your families, how to set boundaries and expectations, and most importantly how you can best serve your clients. The Bair Foundation welcomes you with open arms and the environment is peaceful. As a treatment coordinator it is vital that you are flexible due to different situations in which may transpire. The job is very fast paced, but once you get the hang of things you will be alright. Also, the supervisors and coworkers are nice if you need anything please don’t hesitate to ask. I can say I was very stressed out for the first two weeks until I started asking questions- speak up if you are not sure about something or confused. Great Job, would refer to anyone.
Pros
Flexability
Great learning environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2018
The Bair Foundation provides a relaxed environment with wonderful coworkers and leaders to collaborate with on a daily basis. Working with families and children in the foster care system, although stressful at times, is very rewarding. Each day there are new opportunities and engagements to learn and grow in the profession and personally. Management stresses self-care and takes time to get to know the workers personally each day. I felt well cared for while working at Bair, and felt as though my voice was heard and taken into consideration with many decisions that were being made. The job can be emotionally taxing at times, but the highs of the job outweigh the hardest times by far. I would recommend the agency to others looking to challenge themselves and grow in new and unexpected ways!
Good experience in learning about Treatment foster care
Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 26, 2018
This foundation strives to provide children a safe environment from traumatic experiences. Majority of the foster parents were pleasant and did care about the children.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Poor management
3 years no chance to advance
SOCIAL SERVICE WORKER (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 15, 2018
I have worked with Bair for 3 years, and they will not provide me with opportunities to get supervision experience to be able to advance. New staff is not as willing to work or help staff.
Great opportunity for the right employee...
In-Home Therapist (Former Employee) –  Moraine, OHJune 15, 2018
The Bair Foundation is a great employment opportunity for a self-starter who is comfortable working in a in-home environment and can ignore distractions inherent to this environment. The staff at both the local and regional level are professional and supportive. The training was excellent and the immediate supervisor at my location was always available and engaged.
This position is perfect for someone who is comfortable working with children and wants the flexibility to maintain their own schedule and paperwork responsibilities.
Pros
Excellent training and support. Ability to make your own schedule.
Cons
Working in an environment where you lack control
Loved my job not communication
Case Aide/Driver (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAJune 11, 2018
I loved my job and working with the kids and foster parents. poor communication with management can make work stressful. Use of your own vehicle at less than going mileage rate when gas prices were up makes it hard to justify as well.
Stressful, high turnover and lack of management
Social Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 30, 2018
I worked at TBF for several years and was never able to adjust to employees due to high turnover rates. They expect the seasoned case managers to train new employees and carry caseloads of 10+ while also doing other things. This is a very stressful job and you do not get the appreciation or recognition that's deserved from the upper management team. They do not care about the kids that they serve as they don't even send them a birthday card and all the presents are donations from local churches. They do not have a good rapport with the localities which makes it hard to work with. They only focus on numbers and not the employees, children or foster parents. Not a great place to work for if you have morals, a heart and compassion or a family of your own.
Pros
Cons
Monitored breaks, no work/life balance, high stress and management.
Very stressful place to work
Executive Assistant/Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAMay 20, 2018
Low Pay
Expensive health care
Required 3 years vesting before ability to participate in retirement plan
Employees concerned daily about their job stability
Pros
Nice employees
Good atmosphere, good people lack of local advancement.
Foster care specialist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 22, 2018
I worked with Biar for three years as a case manager for the Ky office. I really appreciated the mission of this agency. I feel as though there are really good people in this office and the work they do is extremely important. They seem committed to providing the best foster care possible.
Unfortunately, once I earned my Masters Degree there was no opportunity for me to advance without potentially relocating and they were unable to pay a salary consistent with my education and experience. Ultimately I decided to leave for an administrative position with KY DCBS but I would recommend Bair to anyone.
Pros
Flexible schedule, mission driven work, good peopke
Cons
Small local presence, minimal advancement opportunities
Good Christian Environment with great employees
Foster Parent Recruiter/ Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 11, 2018
Great co-workers and upper management staff. If I ever had a question about any particular thing, I could ask my supervisor and I could get an answer in a good timely manner. The workload can be stressful, but it's up to the worker to utilize self-care. A typical work week included phone calls/e-mails/text messages to potential foster parents, going into the community to recruit, looking for different events to participate in, and conducting trainings. The pay is really good for a Social Work position. Benefits were also a plus. The mileage ratio was great. Although it took almost 3 weeks to get expense reports back, they are really good at paying you back for what you paid for. I honestly loved my job and people I worked with and for.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Stress (typcial work stress)
Not my favorite job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 14, 2018
After working for several months the Administrator left, which left the company in control of someone who did not have the company's best interest in mind. This was not a good experience.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Official response from The Bair Foundation
March 19, 2018

Thank you for your recent response. The Abilene office has been closed since 2013. For that reason, we really can’t look into this matter for you.

Bair is a great place to work and offered a lot of awesome benefits!
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Kent, OhioMarch 2, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time working at the Bair Foundation. It was an environment with a nice paced work flow and a lot of opportunities to learn and grow as a professional. I felt that the Administration and Senior Level Management were very receptive to suggestions and were willing to make a lot of changes that were very positive for my staff. They offer generous paid time off and also a training budget for staff to use for training and also licensing renewals and upgrades. Overall, it was a great place to work!
Pros
Pto, Paid Training, Receptive Management
Great for new therapists and people who want to make a difference
Therapist/Counselor (Former Employee) –  New MexicoFebruary 26, 2018
I worked at the Bair Foundation as a therapist. My co-workers were helpful and collaborative. You truly feel like you are making a difference each day. As a new therapist, it will help to strengthen ability to treatment plan, deal with complex issues, and increase your confidence as a clinician.
Pros
PTO; benefits; great learning environment
Cons
on call shifts
Incredibly team oriented work environment committed to helping children in need.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 16, 2018
My experience at The Bair Foundation was extremely positive. The supervisors were very supportive and helpful, truly cared about their employees well being and encouraged a healthy Work/life balance. The entire staff operated as a strong team that worked together to do whatever possible to help the children in their care. The staff worked efficiently to provide therapeutic services to the foster children and support/guidance to all of the foster families. I strongly recommend The Bair Foundation to anyone looking for a rewarding career in the social work field.
Pros
Team oriented and supportive.
High Burnout
In-Home Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Not enough hours to complete requirements.
Lack of investment in employees
High Turn Over for both:
co-workers
supervisors
Management, above the supervisors, burnout their workers.
Meaningful career, good PTO
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time with The Bair Foundation. You get many paid holidays and PTO days- more so than with any other companies I’ve seen. Good benefits such as health insurance, 401k, some educational funds, etc. Allowance for a flexible schedule depending on your position within the office.
Difficult to manage work life
Treatment Coordinator I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 16, 2018
A typical day includes commuting to see families in four different counties across the Albuquerque area. Training and mentoring foster families to house and raise youth that have tremendous traumatic and problematic behaviors and diagnosis. You are required to work long hours to complete redundant paperwork on a system that rarely works properly. The office space is too small and not conducive to achieving daily goals as all the cubicles for Treatment Coordinators are very close together. Treatment Coordinators are required to perform training and facilitating duties as well as update foster parent licensing files. It is very difficult to utilize flex time as the management team tends to micro manage and does not like to problem solve "outside the box".
Pros
working with great families and children in need
Cons
hours, pay, and managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Bair Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight