The Baltimore Life Companies Employee Reviews

Relaxed Supervisors who are Extremely Professional
Actuarial Intern (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 27, 2018
I worked within the Actuarial Services department. They all were very friendly and patient as I was just an intern, and it was the perfect first taste of actuarial work. The entire workplace environment they've cultivated is very relaxed and fun.
Pros
Summer Dress Codes
Cons
No Travel
This company allowed me to work from home as an Independent Life Insurance Agent
Independent Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJuly 7, 2018
This company allowed me to work from home I make my own schedule, make my appointments, mail all documents to H.O. located in Baltimore, travel to company once a week, I learned how to prioritize my work for the week, also how many applications I needed to meet my weekly goals. Learning how getting paid by commission would fit into my budget. Meeting people was so enjoyable and at the end of day helping many families with their needs.;.
aweful
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAMarch 25, 2018
terrible, stressful, poorly managed Not a company I would be willing to work for or recommend to anyone else. Did not enjoy anything there! Not something I want to elaborate on any longer
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJanuary 22, 2018
This company has been in existence for several years and is very family oriented. Employees are treated well and benefits are great. Nice environment.
Pros
Stable company
I enjoyed my career at Baltimore Life
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MD 21117October 25, 2017
I retired from Baltimore Life after 41 years of service. I retired as an assistant vice president. I loved my work and got along well with the folks in the home office and the field offices.
Pros
very good company
Cons
none I can think of
Fun yet stressful
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PAAugust 28, 2017
Stressful keeping quota yet relaxing atmosphere. I loved talking to people and helping them get their finances prepared for those left behind. Traveling was nice and always meeting new people. Contracts were easy to explain and the company was very nice to work for. Always teaching and helping you.
Cons
Long days
Great company to be affiliated with
Life Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MD 21117December 11, 2016
Company provides ways to earn several streams of income through providing numerous product lines for children, young adults, adults and seniors - the products provide clients with numerous options for maintaining essential life insurance coverage
Sales & Marketing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montoursville, PASeptember 28, 2016
• Recognized as top sales office in 1998 for Central Pennsylvania.
• Improved the office retention of insurance policies by 75%.
• Implemented a marketing program for Williamsport Region.
Pros
Educational
Cons
Limited market
Baltimore Life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDAugust 31, 2016
The company is a decent company to work for, however the company is very out dated and does not cater to the young generation entering the workforce. In my time here I have seen the company let go of young talent that could have gave the company fresh ideas and a different perspective to the company. e
Pros
the people are nice
Cons
no room for growth, easy to become complacent
Baltimore Life Insurance is Awesome
Financial & Budgeting Analyst/ Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDJune 1, 2016
Baltimore Life Insurance is a great place to start gaining some real corporate experience in the financial / budget / and accounting field.
Self Motivated and Focused work environment.
Agent (Current Employee) –  York, PANovember 2, 2015
A typical day involves meeting with prospects and clients.
Learned how to prospect and provide financial advice.
Organized events in the local community to build relationships and give back to the community.
My time in the life insurance was interesting.
Licensed Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 30, 2015
While I made many new friends while I was at Baltimore Life, selling life insurance was not my cup of tea. Making cold call after cold call was less than fun.

On the positive side of things, providing life insurance to my clients was the part of the business I enjoyed the most.

Having parted ways with Baltimore Life, I am now able to provide life insurance from a wide range of the leading insurance companies. This capability allows me to provide the best prices and the best coverage for my clients.
Great position to learn about all business's
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 29, 2015
Fast paced, hard-charging environment. Daily work included finding new prospects daily, working with advertising agencies, creating copy, and advertising plans customized to client needs.
Pros
learning about a variety of different corporate cultures.
benefits
good company to work for
Agent, (Current Employee) –  Philipsburg, PAMarch 4, 2015
family oriented company, good people to work with. outstanding convention sites. Strong ability for advancement within the company. High standard of ethics.
No bad things to say great company
Regional Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 27, 2015
Great atmosphere and company I just need a steady income nothing bad to say! Very flexible and friendly everyone is willing to help.
Pros
Flexible
a respectable company for employment
Senior Group Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 18, 2014
My typical day was interactions with the various clients on all financial levels. The compensation/benefits were average compared to other companies with the same culture. The job security was average and the opportunity for advancement was almost none. The management was average and the job culture was presented in certain areas with low morale. I learned a lot about the industrial with the various course types offered. The co-workers were typical and not all team players. The hardest part of the job was the day to day pressures. The most enjoyable part of the job was the gained knowledge.
Pros
the medical coverage/ the 401k plan/ the educational supplement plan
Cons
wages and promotional opportunity
Seeking an opportunity to work with a company whose culture, ideals, values and aligned with my own.
Sr. Contracting & Licensing Representative (Current Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMarch 30, 2014
Work for an outstanding boss how encourages innovation, change, and who listens to employees; makes meeting daily challenges less difficult.
My colleagues are great to work with. Hard working, dedicated, and loyal employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the daily challenges, and opportunities which create a great opportunity to learn something new.
Pros
Great relationship with manager. Dedicated employees. In-house cafeteria
Cons
Commuting to another State on a daily basis
Great people
Agent Intern (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 7, 2013
you work with great people who are dedicated to see you succeed. they tart you off at salary which is rare for insurance companies.
Pros
people
Cons
selling insurance is hard
Fun place to work Professional environment
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Owings Mills, MDMay 14, 2013
Bank reconcilaions, cash and treasurry reports, month end
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good compensation
Agency Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Belle Vernon, PaJune 11, 2012
Recruiting is what I focus on the most bringing new people to the company as agents. I learned how to operate a agency as well as build and maintain a franchise. I managed 7 employees of all different levels from office managers to field agents. I have a co-manager that I worked together with to help build the agency. The hardest part of the job was finding people to come on as agents. They had to be licensed and willing to work 50 to 60 hours a week to be successful. I have always had a passion for training and helping to see others succeed.
Pros
flexibility and compensation
Cons
over hour drive to office and finding people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Baltimore Life Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about