The Beam Team Employee Reviews

a typical day at work
Senior Field Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 28, 2018
good for what i needed for the time being in between jobs-lots of wear and tear on my personal vehicle-never a set job site- multiple sites to go to every single day- supervisors were not well trained
Pros
gas expenses
Cons
bad hours
Nice People
Estimating and Sourcing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAMarch 20, 2018
It was a friendly work environment with compassionate bosses and pleasant co-workers. While it is not a line of work that I wanted to spend much time in, it is very much a respectable organization.
Great Team
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 12, 2018
Loved working there. The team leaders were encouraging and allowed us to grow. The hours were great and the knowledge gained was awesome. I would definitely recommend Beam Team to friends looking to get into visual merchandising
Great work
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2018
Always plenty to do and great instruction on projects, Fast paced, however very easy to keep up with as long as you are sure to keep with the "Gold Standard"
Pros
Jda
Cons
Intern
The company has issues
Lead (Former Employee) –  MidwestJanuary 7, 2018
Poor company to work for. Would not recommend this company to anyone. They protect people that are on drugs and pretend they don't know a thing about it.
hard work team players
site lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 29, 2017
The company had an overall good management team. Crews were dependable. You earned your money, sometimes work was a trial and error. Had to think and improvise on the fly. .
Pros
travel
Cons
products and materials sometimes difficult to locate
Enjoyable place to work.
Flex Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 29, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy the job. I like that I was able to meet new people and learning new things. Every day brought a different task and different obstacles to overcome.
Fast pace and easy going
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 26, 2017
If you like driving from state to state this is the job for you, if you like meeting new people this is the job for you, everything is done through email and over the phone
Pros
Pay is decent and you get paid mileage and paid for hotels
Cons
Driving, never get to meet the people running the show, you have to buy lots of tools and wear n tear on your car
The Beam Team
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 18, 2017
Beam team was a hard job for the pay. They wanted you to excel yet at a higher pace than most jobs. The work wasnt the hardest in the world however to the degree of most employees in the Retail Merchandising industry The Beam Team fell short at really compensating workers for their time and effort.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Company doesnt stand behind its employees
Growing company with roim for advancement.
FIELD QUALITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 15, 2017
Good company with a few growing pains but overall a fun place to work. You get to experience different parts of the US while gaining useful experiences in retail resets and remodels.
Pros
Positive atmosphere and traveling the US.
Cons
Away from home often and random work hours.
Awesome company, very family oriented
Site Lead/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Ms, Al, Tx, FlJune 11, 2017
I've been with this company almost 4 years and love my job. Meet new people daily, can call for any question and when I had to be off for family, they made it happen and then kept up with my life and encouraged me every step of the way. They still email me weekly asking how everyone is. Support is a phone call away. Never got a blanket explanation to a question and never had to leave a message. Open door means exactly that, all the way up the chain of command. Love them one and all
Pros
travel, family oriented, open door policy
Cons
travel
Confused chaos
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North East USMay 31, 2017
Travel is mostly out of town, long work weeks as a supervisor. More paperwork than physical work without enough time to complete. Travel department is clueless on distance / location / traffic patterns. Employees have a get in, get done, throw the book out the window mentality. Corporate management has a throw the field under the bus mentality, but very rarely "council" their employees.
Pros
Cons
travel, long work week, employee morral
company changed
Field Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2017
Since I started 9 years ago, the company's focus has changed. they have gotten away from retail construction and lead more towards being a general contractor and doing heavier construction. this has lead to more jobs away from home, less consistency of hours and shift length, and more stress.
Pros
decent wages
Cons
never see 40 hours, all travel anymore
Great company to work for
Admin (Current Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 12, 2017
Family like atmosphere, a very cool company to work for. You get to know everyone in the office. If you consider yourself as a hardworking person, then this is a company to work for.
Hotels, Seeing new places, Traveling
Flex Site Lead (Current Employee) –  Wirtz, VAMarch 28, 2017
I am a Flex Lead for the company i work for I enjoy my job by learning new things almost everyday. I've learned doing store resets and stocking shelf's and much more.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Short hours atm.
Best company to work for
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 16, 2017
I appreciate working for this company and feel so very fortunate. I do work in corporate and understand working in the field in much harder due to travel. But people have to understand that in this industry, and doing Retail Resets that it is a tough job. This company does everything they can to make everyones' job whether in the field, or in the office a good experience. But, generally, it's a given that people who are unhappy will always write about any company when they feel they've been done an injustice. People are paid for their travel, and put up in hotels when they travel. And this company pays a very decent wage for it's positions. No company is perfect. The Recruiters are upfront about the work, pay, reimbursements, and travel. There are no underlying pieces of information not shared at any point. Mgmt. works very hard to keep a good line of communication at all times. HR is very fair. Mgmt is always working to make this company better and better. The feel in the office is one of a family. I feel like an employee instead of a number. Anyone, who complains about the travel in the field was told about the travel before they took the job. So it's on them if they've become unhappy with their work. This is an awesome company to work for, and those who are unhappy need to relay their situations to mgmt in order for any situation to be address properly as this company truly represents Open Door Policy!
Pros
Awesome Company
Family owned business that made you feel like you were needed.
Project Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 19, 2017
Working for the Beamteam was interesting because there was so many different projects that had to be completed in a set amount of time. I spent many miles on the road completing projects in my territory that included Georgia,Alabama, Tennessee and parts of Florida. Resets included removing merchandise from shelves and rebuilding shelves and replace merchandise back on shelves. I was require to have my own tools needed for the job at hand.
Pros
Companyhad a genuine concerned about its employees health
Cons
Work was not consistent year round
decent company
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 16, 2017
This company pays well and provides mileage refund. I enjoyed going to various work sites. The employees trained me well and i was confident in doing my job.
productive and fast pace environment
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 13, 2017
production team member
Team work and motivational member of the team
Great company to work for
new project every day
A lot of traveling
follow planograms and read planograms
Lies all Lies
Flex leader (Former Employee) –  GaDecember 30, 2016
Full of promises that they don't keep and the lies ,they will tell you anything to get you to do what they want full of lies and travel that they said wasn't going to be like that but they don't care as long as their job gets done
Pros
It's a job
Cons
The lies and everything else