The Beautiful Group Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2019
The Beautiful Group has been one of the best experiences of my career. I came from a similar salon and was amazed at how much better it is here! The staff is friendly and you feel like they actually want you to succeed.

Recommending to my friends!!
Pros
Flexible schedule, growth opportunity, culture
Cons
Could use more hours
LOVE this modern and fast-moving salon!
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 14, 2019
Love the team and field leadership! Amazing product assortment and collaborationacross the company with ideas. Good contests for extra money and montly prizes!
Pros
Fun, hard working, good team!
Cons
Have to build client list
Innovative and focused company
SENIOR DISTRICT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 12, 2019
I've been with the company since May and it has been a fulfilling and rewarding experience. As with any company the more you put into your job the more you get out of it. My overall experience has been a positive one. It's rare that feedback is heard and acted upon, however with The Beautiful Group they seek feedback and embrace change. Definitely a great place to start a career in the service industry between walk-ins and hands on support success is unlimited!
Pros
Culture, work life balance and the people
No managent! Poor team effort from coworkers!!
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Dickson City, PAJanuary 5, 2019
Very rude staff. Poor managent as well as you will get criticize for making mistakes like they dont themselves. They talk and gossip. Bad vibes period from staff and management dosent listen nor care.
Pros
Flex schedule, tips
Cons
Judgmental staff members, unfair managment
Crooked and Corrupted
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 31, 2018
I was not trained properly
I was mistreated
I was not given the right prices to charge. It was just very horrible experience for me to be in when I gave 100%
Pros
Its in a nice mall
Cons
Corrupted management and stylists who steal
new company
District Manager (Current Employee) –  USDecember 22, 2018
enjoy working with great stylists, new company that is learning how to be in the hair business.
starting new programs and supporting their teams with great regional Managers.
Pros
health care
Great Place to work if you don’t have kids or are married
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXDecember 14, 2018
My expirence with the beautiful group was an alright one. If you’re going to work there, prepare to work every weekend. Very rarely do you get a weekend off. You get paid based on how much money you make the salon, so if you’re slow the majority of your pay period prepare to get a good ol’ 7.25 an hour. Thus it can be very competitive for this reason. If you don’t have a clientele, it will be difficult because the walk in traffic isn’t too high except on weekends. Coworkers are in cliques but primarily everyone gets along. The manager tries to do her best.
Pros
Free services in the salon done by other stylists
Cons
Not good work/ life balance, feel like a slave to the company
Awful management
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYNovember 29, 2018
I highly don’t recommended this to anyone. As if your manager being a 21 year old doesn’t help already, you don’t get paid properly, they have empty promises and are extremely unorganized. Never once did we get offered any color classes or hair cutting classes to keep up with education and new trends. Also want to feel like you’re surrounded by cliques? Feels like you’re in highschool all over again with the drama.
Pros
Discounts
Stressful slow back stabbing
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Johnson city tnNovember 27, 2018
This company is no better than Regis. Horrible pay no advancement matrix products . Drama and gossiping in the Johnson city beauty unlimited . As a professional I did not find this at all a pleasure to work for
One of the most exciting adventures of my 35+yr. career
District manager (Current Employee) –  IANovember 15, 2018
Working for the beautiful group has proven to be one of the most exhilarating experiences and learning adventures of my career. On the fast track for success, I have learned quickly to replicate my success. Growing from district manager of four salons when I came to the company- to successfully managing 19! While the job is not perfect, I’ll remind you not of them are, to get to beat a part of a company starting up and making its mark on the beauty industry the way we have been one year is absolutely remarkable. We use Workplace by Facebook giving every employee in the company a voice. Together as one team we are not only influencing the industry- we are changing It by combining years of retail industry success with years of experience in the beauty industry bringing a revolution to the beauty industry’s evolution.
I would do it all again in a minute!
Pros
Industry leading technology and recruiting
Cons
Anticipating the company’s next move and adventure!
Productive and competitive work place with a relaxed atmosphere
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 15, 2018
I love working for this company, they make my job incredibly easy. I have full support from my higher ups when I need help managing my team and salon, and an amazing team working by my side everyday. We have so many opportunities with being in a high traffic area and great incentives. The communication through out the company is constant so you are always in the know of what is happening throughout all salons. I started my business here and I have no plan on ever leaving.
Pros
Flexible schedule, high traffic area, incredible staff
Cons
Mall hours
Poor management, lack of communication, favoritism
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 13, 2018
There's a least 5 different managers so you never know who to report to, employee discount is very low, staff make it very difficult to get services done for yourself even though it's required you have it done at the salon, receptionist and assistants don't stay very long before quitting, don't expect to get benefits right away, and rules change frequently. Honestly there is nothing enjoyable about this place and I would tell anyone to stay away from working here.
Pros
Free salon services
Cons
Everything else
Ok place to get started.
Shift Manager/Key Holder/acting store manager (Current Employee) –  ArkansasAugust 5, 2018
If your freash out of school, it's ok. You will learn and get better. The pay if awful! And they don't plan to change it. It is nice having the hourly rate to fall back on, but my teenage son's with no education make more per hour than I do. Commission is very hard to make because these salons are not busy. Regis use to be great but over the years business has slowed termendisly that has made it extremely hard to make commission, so, stylist don't stay. Sadly, this is across the board with all Regis. They have closed down tons of locations and at the rate the salons are continuing to go they will all close. It's a never ending down hill spiral that TBG is doing nothing about. As far as moving up well they say it's easy and there are people that have worked their way up but that's not a commenality. Honestly you can get the same experience at smart style, and get 12.00 per hour when things are slowing and you don't hit your commission.
Pros
Layed back work environment
Cons
Everything else
Good job while going to college easy tasks and customer service oriented
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXApril 18, 2018
Flexible schedule with easy tasks. customer service oriented typically you get to work count the registrars go to the bank and get change for stylists tips. Answer the phone and make appointments plus sell retail. overall good job while going to college. I've seen bad and good reviews generally it depends on the manager and location.
Pros
Flexible for a college student/ work only 4 days of the week or 3 depending on management
Cons
Few hours = less pay