The Bell Company Employee Reviews

Shady manager
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 22, 2018
basically if you don't kiss up to the foreman or if he feels intimidated by you he'll lay you off as soon as the job is finished. They hire and fire on a as needed basis.
Excellent company
Journeyman Pipefitter and Welder (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 19, 2018
I really enjoyed my time with Bell. It's hard work and long hours, but the pay and benefits are well worth the time. Safety is paramount on this job and the company truly cares about employee safety. Every morning we exercise and the motto for the day is "Nobody gets hurt!"
Pros
Paid lunch, excellent benefits, good pay.
Plumbing mechanic
Plumber Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2018
I love what I do an really enjoy seeing the finished product. I love my team of workers an supervisors.We do great work an enjoy all types of company lunches an cookouts. Bell has been a great company to me an I think they really appreciate my hard work an efforts to keep this job going.
Pros
Great pay
Foreman
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Roper Saint Francis BerkleyMarch 14, 2018
This the most manipulation and dishonest company I have ever worked for. Don't expect any information so that you perform your job. No schedule to be able 2 week -4 week look ahead. No drawings provided to do take off. No documents to perform daily reports. Also safety will be manipulated not to break any OHSA rules but micro managed to change to ensure your failure. 25 years I have seen a more unprofessional unprepared superintendent. Watch your back there if you have talent.
Pros
Bell paid me during this waste of time
Cons
Factors interfering with getting the job done.
NO Benifits
Welder (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 3, 2018
the company is okay but they took vacation away from all welders.they never have there stuff together very unprepared for anyjob. worked for only two bosses that actually tried to have your back
Worst Job Ever
Plumber (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14606November 25, 2017
Work sufficient for position. Unfortunately, Management - rigid and intense. Workplace - viewed work performed in the wrong sequence. Would never recommend working there. Not family oriented as understood from their website. Uncaring, extreme pressure and stressful. Very good salary; however, very disappointed in the health benefits and high costs involved which eats a lot into the salary. The employees need a Union.
Pros
Work okay.
Cons
Management - Not good.
Diverse work locations dealing with the latest telecom technology
Senior Communication Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 18, 2015
A typical day at work includes installing/testing/troubleshooting cutting edge telecom equipment in a variety of environments. My work locations range from the comfort of a Network Operations Center to a Wireless Base Station located on a snow covered mountain top and everything in between.
I enjoy taking part in the evolution of the telecommunication industry. I feel a part of history as my efforts helped grow our infrastructure from Bell System mechanical switching systems to the high speed data networks of today.
I have learned to adapt in this ever changing industry. Being away from family for extended periods, working in diverse environments and keeping up with the latest technology have all challenged my ability to adapt.
Great Company, Great People
Project Secretary (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVDecember 11, 2013
I enjoyed working for Bell but as is the nature of construction when the project is done the job is done.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Temporary Job
All about the buisness at hand.
Project Lead/CAD Drafter (Current Employee) –  Rochester,NYAugust 21, 2012
I have worked for The Bell Company as a CAD/Drafter for the past five year and have enjoyed my time there. We design piping and plumbing systems for large contruction projects such as hospitals and office buildings. While at work the focus is all about work there are time we can let our hair down and have some fun. throught out the year the company throws lunchins annual golf outing and more
Depressing and unprofessional.
Network /Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 3, 2012
Management was unprofessional. Co-workers were "disengaged".
Cons
depressing work environment.