The Biltmore Hotel Employee Reviews

Very great place to work in the hospitality industry
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 24, 2018
Working at the miami biltmore hotel was great it's a very work friendly environment with very kind co workers. Great staff who aims to please guests on a daily basis. Learned about luxury hospitality.
Pros
Free lunches, discounted pricing
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare, wages
Historical
Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 26, 2018
Fun place to work in, very histortical, i met alot of people and saw alot celeberties, the holiday party they would throw would be very fun, they really take goos care of theyre employes.
could've treated employees better
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 24, 2018
management was very cut throat, not much room for advancement especially as a female in a male dominated restaurant, very demeaning and crude language towards subordinates had to be tolerated as there was a revolving door of management
Pros
good pay for restaurant standards and health benefits
Cons
employee treatment and not much room for advancement
Great workplace
Culinary Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Working at the Biltmore was fun and everyday you learn something new. They give opportunity to learn from different departments and grow. I would recommend them as a work place.
Amazing
Pro Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLDecember 20, 2017
Great experience working for the Biltmore. Management was amazing and the guests were even better. The Biltmore Golf Management was beyond great. They also have an amazing cafeteria for the staff.
great place to expand culinary knowledge
cook1 (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 13, 2017
sometimes the schedule versus attendance of customers was'nt right and use to be very hard out of the sudden to take care of it.anyhow was a great place to work and learn ,the management was very concern but sometimes unaccecible to kitchen staff.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very hectic when working room service by yourselfe
awesome work place
Property Officer (Former Employee) –  miami flApril 1, 2017
a typically day working here is like being at home everyone his helpfull kind polite. the routine was basically observing the cameras walking around the premises making sure everything is the way is suppose to be
beautiful property poor management
Banquets Server (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLMarch 24, 2017
The Banquet department moves by thread and do not value their employees for their work but for friendship.they discount you half an hour break even if you do not get it.
Pros
free lunch and parking
Only for hispanic
Uniform Attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2017
99% of the people who work there are Hispanic. If you working long time there you are more than 60 year old or you can't find another place for work. Most of the managers do not respect you, they don't even 'see you'. If you want to grow in the company you can only if you are someone, otherwise you can't. Good experience for me, but I will never return even if that is my only hope to work for living.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breakfast
Great work place
Golf Attendant (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Great work environment. Great people to work with. Beautiful view to look at while you are working. Management is ran well.
Fun workplace
Room Service Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJuly 9, 2016
Great people , loved the staff , every month we would celebrate the birthdays of all employees. Beautiful property , good benefits .awesome Christmas party at the end of the year !. Fun orientation for new hire employees it's 2 days 8hrs where you get a tour of the hotel learn the history and play games and have breakfast and lunch on them.
Pros
Free lunch meal, benefits where ok
Cons
Salary could be better .
great for students
Doorman / bellman (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 6, 2016
it was a great collage job, fun and with a lot of benefits, i personally enjoyed every day of work and meeting all kind of celebrities
My Professional Experience while working at The Biltmore
Express Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 5, 2016
I had a great experience working here. The management and my co-workers were great. Its very professional. A typical day at work was booking rooms and meeting space and meetings.
Everybody got along for the most part and worked together very well. The most enjoyable was seeing the parties come together and the FAM's. The hardest part of the job is if the client had something go wrong. It had to be swiftly taken care of. I loved working here.
Pros
Free lunches, Beautiful Christmas party, perks, awesome property
Cons
Not really sure I have cons to be honest.
My coworkers would describe me as a hard worker.
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Anastasia, FLNovember 11, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is keeping a smile on my face even though I'm having a bad day. Biltmore hotel helped me to gain more experienced.
Exciting and inviting workplace with a beautiful property
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 30, 2015
Working for the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables was a profound experience in my life. My eyes were opened to my strong desire to work in the Hotel industry. I would recommend anyone to enjoy the amazing amenities they have to offer or if considering employment with them I would say "Go for it!!". Everyone is so friendly and helpful there. Leaving was a painful thing to do! It truly is it's own paradise.
Pros
free lunches, friendly staff, job security
Great place to be
Fitness center attendant (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLNovember 30, 2014
I worked at the Biltmore while I was a student in college. Overall the job for me was tough simply because I was there for the paycheck. I had no interest in pursuing a carrier in hospitality. While here I enjoyed the people I worked with, but the guests were 50/50 some were nice some were mean and some were out of this world. The Biltmore is great place with great people and great opportunities if yo want to pursue a carrier in hospitality or just get a paycheck like me.
Great Place to Work!
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 31, 2014
Independently owned boutique property, progressive and innovative ownership.
Pros
complimentary meals
good place to work
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 8, 2014
Excellent costumer service and good human resource department
Pros
free lunch and free parking
Great Beginning Experience
Server (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJune 29, 2013
When I started as a busser management did push you to strive for better service, quality, and higher standards. They do give room for growth and opportunity and is a great environment to learn and grow as far as service and hospitality. Co workers are very kind and is an accepting environment however intimidating the hotel may seem, staff is very friendly.
Guests and members are the most difficult part of the job, as it is in the serving world but it allows for development of patience and how to handle guests in certain situations.
Room for improvement
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 23, 2013
The Biltmore has a reputation of world class service and history. Unfortunately, it is a big boys club and management sands in the way of progress.