The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Found 520 reviews matching the search See all 1,340 reviews
Good place work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCSeptember 17, 2018
Great place to work everyone gets a long the supervisors are great the pay is great, great work place. I have never had any complaints about this place.
Pros
great pay
The Body Shop
Assistant Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
a typical day at the body was servicing the customers needs, putting away shipment daily, training staff, doing product assessments, cleaning the shelves, restocking shelves, exceeding the companies expectation. so much more

I learned that it is important to give to the world not just yourself, I learned new computer system, I learned a lot about ingredients that are sourced from around the globe and what they do for your body
Management was always approachable
the culture is unique like the owner was, trail blazer, pioneer
the hardest part was leaving
the most enjoyable knowing you were a part of a company that gives back to the earth, animals and people
Pros
Great employee discounts, Great opportunity for Management growth
Cons
short lunch breaks, sometimes under staffed and no break
Enjoyable company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  AlbertaAugust 17, 2018
The body shop is very mission driven. We did a lot of work with community outreach. We participated in campaigns against animal testing and domestic violence. I found these very rewarding on a personal level.
Work place with heavy ups and downs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 17, 2018
A typical day at work was clocking in, and reviewing the goals/promotions for the day. Then diving into customer service or stocking shelves. At The Body Shop I learned my strengths as a sales person. I found that I have a passion for skincare. As an actor keeping my skin clear and camera ready is a priority that I carried over into helping my customers with great accomplishments! For most of the years I worked there I was coached well and enjoyed my manager/employee relationship. I struggled under new management, they were not as supportive. The shift in management was very taxing on the team because we were under staffed for a few months. It exhausted us all, but our remaining team was hard working and tried our best. Then there were several changes, not only with management, but how things were done rapidly changed. Responsibilities piled on without adequate compensation were stress causing.
The silver lining was always serving our loyal customers, some I've known for years. Also, it's always fun to learn about a new product, try it out and recommend it to people. The Body Shop products are top notch, I will still continue to use them. The Body Shop has great values of Community Trade ingredients and they are pioneers Against Animal Testing. Their product is easy to use and very effective. Highly recommended.

Also note that The Body Shop was previously owned by Loreal and is now owned my Natura. No comment on my approval of the CEO. Not applicable.
Pros
Short Breaks, 1/2 hour lunch, flexible potty breaks, occasional gratis product
Cons
Hours for Sales Associates restrictive only 10 hrs
Unique company with a great mission
Sales Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 14, 2018
This company has great morals and beliefs. They instill the ideas of activism and fair trade in each employee, as well as provide intensive training in order to fully understand the company.
Pros
Great ethics and beliefs
Cons
Miscommunication with corporate
It has its Pros and Cons
PT Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 13, 2018
I currently work for the company and it's a great place to work. I love it.... the only downfall for me is that I am a Part-Time Key Holder and I don't receive benefits only good discounts for products. I am sometimes asked to work an open to close but it's not too bad. If you like staying busy with a few slow days here and there it's a marvelous place to work.
Pros
Discounts, fair treatment, flexible hours, work life balance
Cons
Low Pay, No Benefits
Productivity at the workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYAugust 9, 2018
Working at the body shop was pretty cool busy at times especially around the holidays and sales. the body shop was always overflowing with different smells from the oils, the perfumes etc.
A good comapny to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 1, 2018
Over all this was a good company to work for. Coming into a store that was not making a profit and trying to fix it was difficult. I enjoyed the products and the people. They offered great training programs to help employees learn about the products benefits and features to help you find the right products for the customers. This company offers great products and a pleasant atmosphere for both the employee and customer.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Cost
Wonderful place to work and great guests who shopped our product
Assistant Manager Green Hills Mall (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 28, 2018
I truly did not want to leave, but the company was closing stores around the country

I had to make a decision on resigning before the store actually closed, or look for employment elsewhere or make some life decisions.
Great company ethics
Costumer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 27, 2018
I love everything that this company believe in, I knew all about the brand before I even thought about applying. The company has recently been purchased so they are cleaning house with new upper management and are trying to figure out the business again and what they want it to be.
Retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 26, 2018
The store was a great place to work. Great fragrances and lotions. Also room fragrances were a hit with all customers. In all great experience with this company.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJuly 23, 2018
I wasn't happy with how the management treated its employees at all. I felt I was pushed around and didn't feel the need to work. I felt bullied and harassed. I didn't get much hands on learning experience at all.
Pros
Stocking was productive
Cons
Not treated fairly
Light hearted passionate place to work
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 21, 2018
The Body Shop really does care about animal cruelty. They strive to accomplish their goals but do not make customers feel uncomfortable signing. I learned how to handle different management styles and how to use my time wisely.
Fun retail job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 19, 2018
Fun retail job if you like sales. Great place if you are into skincare especially teach you many great skill with face care.
Management team was great as well
Pros
Great products for skincare, taught me a lot about different skin types
Cons
No bathroom on site, often closed and opened alone sometimes becoming overwhelming
The Body Shop
Sales Lead/ Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for a company that was natural based and actually focused on what they could do for their customers instead of what the customers could do for them.
Typical Retail Job
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 18, 2018
Nothing too exciting here. Pay is on the lower end. This is a good side job but not a career unless your end goal is a store manager with very little perks.
Quick paced environment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 17, 2018
Was very appreciative about working here. Be prepared to learn! You will need to be attentive in every aspect of working here. it's not just sales that are emphasized. Overall a good experience especially for someone just starting in cosmetics.
Pros
Flexible hours, learn product knowledge
Cons
job culture can be very intense, pay is decent but not the best
I loved it here when things were running properly.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 14, 2018
I worked for the body shop for almost two years working my way up from part time to an ASM. I started in early 2017 when they were still owned my loreal, while I greatly enjoyed my time working for them and would say it is genuinely rewarding and enriching if you put your heart into it.but the brand seems to be shrinking more than it's growing with every customer I had coming in and telling me their local store closed so job security was a concern, really your experience with the body shop is all dependent on your store manager and their ability to navigate the corporate wing to get top preformance out of this job.
Pros
Good payrates, decent work life balance and a stimulating work place.
Cons
Went on a company trip and was never paid for my expenses
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2018
This was a fun experience for me. I enjoyed meeting new people each day. I was also very good at suggestive selling. I would give recommendations for perfumes, body lotions, and make up that the customers would like a lot. I also had my face made up in complete make up as an advertisement for the products. We received nice discounts on the products, especially at the end of the year. The customers were very nice, and it was a very peaceful atmosphere.
Pros
Nice atmosphere, friendly customers
Cons
Having to dress up every day and cover my arm because of my tattoo.
Great customer service and work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 11, 2018
As a manager, had autonomy in the work place but was required to speak with regional manager daily and report on sales. Taught sales well and provided learning to improve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss