The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Found 542 reviews matching the search See all 1,420 reviews
Productive and fun workplace, great discount
Part Time Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 11, 2019
I personally love their products. Body care and fragrance are long lasting and nourishing to the body. I wasn't too fond of their skincare but it seemed to be helpful for other skin types.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Short breaks, long standing hours
Loved it
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 8, 2019
Loved working for the company! It was fun! The regulars were always cool and always knew what they wanted. Helping them was the best! New customers were great as well.
Big work place just not enough hours
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 1, 2019
This job lays there workers off every other week and they blame it on the work being slow this job don’t care if you have a family at home or not because they will lay you off real quick.
Productive and fun workplace and environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEDecember 30, 2018
Working at the Body Shop was by far one of the best jobs I’ve ever had. Being only seasonal help, I was sad to have to leave. I was surrounded by great coworkers and managers along with some amazing customers that came in often to see me.
Cons
Short breaks
Constant District Management changes
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 29, 2018
Had 3 district manager in 18 months so no routines could be established. Created confusion for team as well as management.
Poor communication. ok benefits.
Pros
Discount
Cons
communication
Fast paced environment with well trained crew
Forklift/production Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 28, 2018
The company and employees were friendly and determined to accomplish the needs of each and every customer. The company went beyond normal expectations.
Productive but not fulfilling
Porter (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIDecember 13, 2018
Plenty of work, but no room for advancement. Few employees who were very supportive, respectful, and knowledgeable about the job and valued you as an employee as well, while several spent more time complaining and refusing to keep a safe and clean work environment.
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
Employees not maintaining a safe work environment, no room for further advancement
Awsome place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  La luciaDecember 12, 2018
Amazing company to work In their lots of opportunities but i want something new now

We get our break an ad work nice day and get our days off in a week we all need change
Pros
Cons
Sheetal
Fun and energetic
Hairdresser (Former Employee) –  Wahpeton, NDDecember 3, 2018
Would've definitely recommended as an amazing place of employment if it wasn't shut down. The owners decided to take a different route in life. But the experience was definitely worth having.
would not recommend
KEY HOLDER/ SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 30, 2018
when I started the body shop it was a fun work experience. about three months in I had to modify my work and the store manager completely changed with me. She would push me beyond my limits as a disabled employee. Complain about me to other employees, never believed me when I would request days off for doctors appointments and always asked for proof that I did go to my doctor. I never had any problems with the other managers there and they always gave me good feedback on my work. The store manager had multiple complaints to HR , I even made an anonymous complaint but the HR manager told her it was me. I would not recommend to work in this location or district. Overall I love The Body Shop and what it stands for but they have horrible management
Pros
great standards, flexible schedules, learning environment
Cons
bad management
Fast paced environment
Assistant Manager/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  water tower placeNovember 13, 2018
Working in the are was fun and vibrant. Meeting tourists almost daily is also an exciting part of working here. Very important to have product knowledge and use items to get a clear formed opinion on their benefits.
poor
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCNovember 8, 2018
This was the call center for The Body Shop. We took calls from customers who placed orders. We also tracked orders, and set up new accounts. The job itself was ok, but the management was very poor. Any time you had a question, it felt like you were bothering the management. Felt under appreciated there.
Pros
desk job
Cons
long shift, disrespected, poor management
Ok place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 1, 2018
Ok place to work. A lot of hours involved, liked the clothes, and the staff that I had, it was a new store so that was a plus, as I got to do the new store setup.
Everyday Brought Something New
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 30, 2018
This was an up beat clothing store that was very popular in the early 90's. We played music loud, we helped customers put together outfits for any occasion. I was just out of high school when I took this job, it was a lot of fun but very long 10 hour days.
Pros
40% off all cloths if you worked there
Cons
10 to 12 hour days as a manager
See resume
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2018
Empower to make decisions to move the business forward
Daily communication with District Managers.
Travel weekly to visit to different markets.
Discuss development plans with DMs to ensure we have continuous growth in their career.
Very repretable and professional business.
Auto Body Repair and Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WVOctober 24, 2018
The Body Shop Inc. is a business that is serious about turning out the highest quality work possible. Certified professionals who care about their customers. Convenient location with modern equipment and tools.
Pros
A long standing business that offers benefits.
Adjuster
Auto Liability Investigator / Rental Management (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 22, 2018
Nice work environment. GA SF building is visually appealing and gives a warm, inviting environment. People there are friendly and helpful. Nice place to work.
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 21, 2018
A very fun place to work with great people who will be able to help you along the way. Learning all the product are a bit difficult at first but after reading the product knowledge book everything came naturally.
Pros
45% discounts
very productive and friendly enviorment
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAOctober 17, 2018
at the body it was awarm place to be the employees were amazing as so was my manager. Everyone had bubbly and outgoing personalities. while working there i learned so many things about the beauty world and cosmetics. you really get a feel on what they do and how their products are made. the hardest part of the job i would say is standing outside trying to speak to random people who would walk by. The most enjoyable thing would have to be interacting with the customers and showing them how our products worked and what the benefits of the products.
Pros
we would win diff things or the manager would give us products to try
Cons
always on your feet no sitting down
Loved this job!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 16, 2018
I absolutely loved working for the body shop. It was a great part time job with good managers and healthy work environment.

It is a good job for anyone who is going through college or as a second job as the hours were very flexible. There is a new onboarding program that is vibrant and fun to participate in, plus the benefits offered are endless.

Many of the benefits applied to part time associates (including some health and 401k), there is even tuition assistance for full time employees. Great working with the customers, it is a sales job and you are expected to make your sales targets however management doesn't pressure you when you are down and instead help you with constructive criticism.

All together one of my favorite jobs!
Pros
employee discount, healthy environment, paid volunteer hours
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight