The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Great
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMay 15, 2018
The Body Shop is a worthwhile company for all entry-level and prospective retail employees. They offer higher pay than most retail positions, and the environment is clean, vibrant and conductive to good employee-customer interactions. The Body Shop itself offers a diverse, high-quality selection of body and skin care products, and has an excellent philosophy behind their work.
Very productive and fast work pace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2018
Working at the body shop was an very fast paced job. Using a pallet jack and picking items and packing orders in boxes. 12 hrs a day, pushing pallets to be shipped out.
Pros
Weekly pay with overtime optional
Cons
Very dusty and dirty
work
Picker/Checker (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCMay 14, 2018
well it was fast pace which i enjoyed a lot. there was also a lot of favoritism. some managers helped certain people more. a lot of employees were on their phones majority of the time. breaks were short and couldnt leave to go get any food.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
food expensive, breaks short. managers biased
Great Company with Amazing Work/Life Balance
Vice President of Ecommerce/Digital Marketing/CRM (Current Employee) –  OntarioMay 7, 2018
A smaller office team that drives big results. The Body Shop Canada is seen as one of the leaders across the global business and a 'go to' for best practices.

All of the teams collaborate closely and have worked hard to break down silos both at a market and international level, to keep the customer top of mind.
Reasonably Fair workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 3, 2018
Fast paced workplace with reasonably fair workers. the atmosphere was decent. i did not like the three 15 minute lunch breaks because they were not long enough to fully eat
Bad Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
This company puts too much pressure on its employees to make large sales. I don't feel comfortable pressuring customers into spending money that they do not want to.
Interesting environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 11, 2018
Working the floor by greeting customers as they come in and guiding them to products, then cashing them out. Took the time to fully understand what exactly I was selling to them so they could build that connection our products are genuinely fantastic. Loved my management and co-workers, great people to work with and amazing at training me. Hardest part was finding ways to sell the love your body membership card, but everyone has their own way. Most enjoyable part of the job was the products.
Pros
free anniversary gift
Cons
corporate culture
Fun place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLApril 8, 2018
To many women, horrible Management and drama.
No room to Advance, needed more training and coaching for Store Managers. The store was outdated it needed a remodel.
Pros
Great Benfits
Cons
No room for Advancement
Awesome work environment
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAApril 6, 2018
At the body shop, a typical day consists of filling the shelves with products and assisting customers. My manager always made sure that we were working in a positive, upbeat environment. The best part of the job in my opinion is getting to interact with people and help them with their skin care needs as well as working for a cruelty free company. It was such a good feeling knowing that the ingredients I was selling are ethically sourced. Great place to work!!
Not too fond of management
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
A typical day at the body shop would be to arrive 10/15 minutes early to switch into your uniform. The uniform is a makeup belt eventually turned into an apron and bunny ears to promote against animal testing. I learned they do community trade and help communities around the world in exchange for resources. Management sucked at the location I was at, I would say names but I'm not that petty. Hardest part was making your daily goal, business wasn't always fast paced so if no ones spending money pretty much sucks for you. They also don't work by commission and they should. The most enjoyable part for me was meeting new people, giving complementary facials, and building relationships with my clients.
Pros
1 Hour breaks, Gratis
Cons
Managment
FUN and Exciting
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 27, 2018
smelled and felt good at all time-
the company was enjoyable to work for
hardest part of the job was keeping busy
enjoyable part was the discounts and the coworkers
i learned a lot about retail and the industry
Pros
samples, co workers, excitement
Cons
hard to move foward
Great product and nice coworkers
Merchandise Planner (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NC 27587March 20, 2018
Company had great coworkers and product. Systems were evolving and showed signs of better planning potential. Officw was somewhat far out in Wake Forest.
Pros
Coworkers
Great Place Hard to advance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMarch 12, 2018
I loved this job before it got sold to new management. I still appreciated the culture and the company purpose, but it seemed more corporate, and less family owned. The main problem was the lack of opportunities for advancement unless you wanted to move. I was doing the work of a store manager for a full year, yet they never gave me the role, and hired a new person to take the spot, even with steady growth in sales. I still love this place and would honestly still recommend it.
Pros
Discount, training, culture
Cons
Lack of advancement.
Management sucks
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 12, 2018
Not a great job at all to work for. Dress code is outdated. Makeup doesn't actually work for POC. stock room is a danger zone. Store management needs to be properly trained on professionalism and work operations. Pay is minimum wage.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
rarely took breaks, low pay, untrained management
Productive and good colleague relations
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bella vista, Santo DomingoMarch 8, 2018
The bodyshop is actually the best gym in Dominican Republic, there you can have the best opportunities as a Personal Trainer. The big infrastructure have everything we need to offer ours clients the best experience ever.
Productive environment. Amazing Store Manager.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMarch 8, 2018
A typical shift included, but not limited to sales and promotions.
I learned new selling techniques and strategy while on site. The environment was always changing due to product placement, which was exciting, dynamic, and fun. The hardest part was finding balance with the ever changing work schedule and my personal life. The work culture was youthful, which was a pro and con, in my opinion. Overall the Store Manager is amazing and maintains a creative vibe.
Pros
Energy in the Shop.
Cons
Late Hours
fun environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 7, 2018
It was a great fit for me because I loved the beauty and skincare aspects. Got to learn so much information about products and also selling techniques. Still use that knowledge in daily life
Pros
good morals
Cons
career advancement
Highly competitive
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Nyack, NYMarch 6, 2018
As the Store Manager, I was responsible for all aspects of this retail store operation. I had a very successful tenure with this company. I enjoyed team building and training staff.
Pros
Great customer service
Cons
long work hours
Had some of my favorite times at that store
Full time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 2, 2018
Met a lot of
Amazing guests. Always had new exciting launches. Work was always fun to come to. I was put in charge of all the makeup displays and displays in the window