The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 503 reviews matching the search See all 1,288 reviews
I loved it here when things were running properly.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIJuly 14, 2018
I worked for the body shop for almost two years working my way up from part time to an ASM. I started in early 2017 when they were still owned my loreal, while I greatly enjoyed my time working for them and would say it is genuinely rewarding and enriching if you put your heart into it.but the brand seems to be shrinking more than it's growing with every customer I had coming in and telling me their local store closed so job security was a concern, really your experience with the body shop is all dependent on your store manager and their ability to navigate the corporate wing to get top preformance out of this job.
Pros
Good payrates, decent work life balance and a stimulating work place.
Cons
Went on a company trip and was never paid for my expenses
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 11, 2018
This was a fun experience for me. I enjoyed meeting new people each day. I was also very good at suggestive selling. I would give recommendations for perfumes, body lotions, and make up that the customers would like a lot. I also had my face made up in complete make up as an advertisement for the products. We received nice discounts on the products, especially at the end of the year. The customers were very nice, and it was a very peaceful atmosphere.
Pros
Nice atmosphere, friendly customers
Cons
Having to dress up every day and cover my arm because of my tattoo.
Great customer service and work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 11, 2018
As a manager, had autonomy in the work place but was required to speak with regional manager daily and report on sales. Taught sales well and provided learning to improve.
it was a start
Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 11, 2018
great people to work for, not slave drivers, but does have some moments. there are areas that could improve and be more efficient. Front office needs organization, the right hand doesn't work well with the left hand.
Pros
breaks are paid for and long
Great place to work with great benefits
Full-time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NY 11755July 10, 2018
For the management team, we were offered Dental, vision, and primary health insurance as well as a private gym membership and 401K. Plus tuition reimbursement
Benefits
Cons
variation of hours
Highly unprofessional management
Assistant Manager | Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, MAJune 23, 2018
Store manager was highly unprofessional, regularly talking about his employees behind their backs to one another. Purposely changing the amount of items we each sold to make it look like he sold more.
great
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 20, 2018
the location was bad and it was really slow but the overall experience was great. the store manager was really nice and was great at training. one of the employees is a compulsive liar so it was always interesting hearing her lies but other than that it was fun working with people.
Great product, fun job!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 14, 2018
The product is great. We always had a fun work environment and put customers first. Only cons were the pay and working long shifts without additional coverage.
Great place to learn about product ingrediants
Sales Lead/Interim Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 10, 2018
A typical day for a sales lead was providing customer service, memorizing what ingredients came from what country, cleaning the store, running the cash register and making sure to hit your daily sales goal. I learned so much about the ingredients, which I now use when buying non- The Body Shop products. The management changed every few months, including district managers. It was very competitive. Everything in the store came down to making your individual sales goals and ensuring the entire store made it's daily sales goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was during times when I was the Interim Manager, I got to speak with the District Manager, and other store managers about how to drive sales and how to motivate sales associates. Which in turn, helped me to create larger sales.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Not getting breaks, running the store by yourself from open to close, very high turnover rate, not promoting from within the company and the company slowly closing the majority of their stores
Don't do it
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 9, 2018
Not worth it, management doesn't care much about you. They will only do anything that benefits them and will take all your credit for you work and dismiss you in an instant.
Its retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 31, 2018
The company was fine. I was in a failing store and the management was just always turning over. The pay was low, even for being in a management position.
Pros
Learned the importance of skin care
Cons
Bad pay, high turn over, mismanaged
Love the products
PT Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHMay 29, 2018
Wish it were busier at this location, love the products, management could be better. You see the same clients all the time. Need to keep up with sales and watch numbers. can get boring. need to be able to work mall hours
Great
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Natick, MAMay 15, 2018
The Body Shop is a worthwhile company for all entry-level and prospective retail employees. They offer higher pay than most retail positions, and the environment is clean, vibrant and conductive to good employee-customer interactions. The Body Shop itself offers a diverse, high-quality selection of body and skin care products, and has an excellent philosophy behind their work.
Very productive and fast work pace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2018
Working at the body shop was an very fast paced job. Using a pallet jack and picking items and packing orders in boxes. 12 hrs a day, pushing pallets to be shipped out.
Pros
Weekly pay with overtime optional
Cons
Very dusty and dirty
work
Picker/Checker (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCMay 14, 2018
well it was fast pace which i enjoyed a lot. there was also a lot of favoritism. some managers helped certain people more. a lot of employees were on their phones majority of the time. breaks were short and couldnt leave to go get any food.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
food expensive, breaks short. managers biased
Great Company with Amazing Work/Life Balance
Vice President of Ecommerce/Digital Marketing/CRM (Current Employee) –  OntarioMay 7, 2018
A smaller office team that drives big results. The Body Shop Canada is seen as one of the leaders across the global business and a 'go to' for best practices.

All of the teams collaborate closely and have worked hard to break down silos both at a market and international level, to keep the customer top of mind.
Reasonably Fair workplace
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 3, 2018
Fast paced workplace with reasonably fair workers. the atmosphere was decent. i did not like the three 15 minute lunch breaks because they were not long enough to fully eat
Bad Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2018
This company puts too much pressure on its employees to make large sales. I don't feel comfortable pressuring customers into spending money that they do not want to.
Interesting environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYApril 11, 2018
Working the floor by greeting customers as they come in and guiding them to products, then cashing them out. Took the time to fully understand what exactly I was selling to them so they could build that connection our products are genuinely fantastic. Loved my management and co-workers, great people to work with and amazing at training me. Hardest part was finding ways to sell the love your body membership card, but everyone has their own way. Most enjoyable part of the job was the products.
Pros
free anniversary gift
Cons
corporate culture
Fun place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLApril 8, 2018
To many women, horrible Management and drama.
No room to Advance, needed more training and coaching for Store Managers. The store was outdated it needed a remodel.
Pros
Great Benfits
Cons
No room for Advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss