The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Found 532 reviews matching the search See all 1,383 reviews
Fast paced environment
Assistant Manager/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  water tower placeNovember 13, 2018
Working in the are was fun and vibrant. Meeting tourists almost daily is also an exciting part of working here. Very important to have product knowledge and use items to get a clear formed opinion on their benefits.
poor
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCNovember 8, 2018
This was the call center for The Body Shop. We took calls from customers who placed orders. We also tracked orders, and set up new accounts. The job itself was ok, but the management was very poor. Any time you had a question, it felt like you were bothering the management. Felt under appreciated there.
Pros
desk job
Cons
long shift, disrespected, poor management
Ok place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCNovember 1, 2018
Ok place to work. A lot of hours involved, liked the clothes, and the staff that I had, it was a new store so that was a plus, as I got to do the new store setup.
Everyday Brought Something New
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 30, 2018
This was an up beat clothing store that was very popular in the early 90's. We played music loud, we helped customers put together outfits for any occasion. I was just out of high school when I took this job, it was a lot of fun but very long 10 hour days.
Pros
40% off all cloths if you worked there
Cons
10 to 12 hour days as a manager
See resume
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2018
Empower to make decisions to move the business forward
Daily communication with District Managers.
Travel weekly to visit to different markets.
Discuss development plans with DMs to ensure we have continuous growth in their career.
Very repretable and professional business.
Auto Body Repair and Paint Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WVOctober 24, 2018
The Body Shop Inc. is a business that is serious about turning out the highest quality work possible. Certified professionals who care about their customers. Convenient location with modern equipment and tools.
Pros
A long standing business that offers benefits.
Adjuster
Auto Liability Investigator / Rental Management (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDOctober 22, 2018
Nice work environment. GA SF building is visually appealing and gives a warm, inviting environment. People there are friendly and helpful. Nice place to work.
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 21, 2018
A very fun place to work with great people who will be able to help you along the way. Learning all the product are a bit difficult at first but after reading the product knowledge book everything came naturally.
Pros
45% discounts
very productive and friendly enviorment
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAOctober 17, 2018
at the body it was awarm place to be the employees were amazing as so was my manager. Everyone had bubbly and outgoing personalities. while working there i learned so many things about the beauty world and cosmetics. you really get a feel on what they do and how their products are made. the hardest part of the job i would say is standing outside trying to speak to random people who would walk by. The most enjoyable thing would have to be interacting with the customers and showing them how our products worked and what the benefits of the products.
Pros
we would win diff things or the manager would give us products to try
Cons
always on your feet no sitting down
Loved this job!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 16, 2018
I absolutely loved working for the body shop. It was a great part time job with good managers and healthy work environment.

It is a good job for anyone who is going through college or as a second job as the hours were very flexible. There is a new onboarding program that is vibrant and fun to participate in, plus the benefits offered are endless.

Many of the benefits applied to part time associates (including some health and 401k), there is even tuition assistance for full time employees. Great working with the customers, it is a sales job and you are expected to make your sales targets however management doesn't pressure you when you are down and instead help you with constructive criticism.

All together one of my favorite jobs!
Pros
employee discount, healthy environment, paid volunteer hours
Cons
N/a
Body shop (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2018
Great working there we got hands on experience. Was able to learn how to repair different kinds of vehicles. Also different type of machinery which was very helpful.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Lunch
Everyday work
PT ASST. MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
The job was great but not to long after I started there was a lot of mix up with upper management , no official store manager so the site lacked structure
Pros
Wonderful products
Cons
Management not well organized
Good place work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCSeptember 17, 2018
Great place to work everyone gets a long the supervisors are great the pay is great, great work place. I have never had any complaints about this place.
Pros
great pay
The Body Shop
Assistant Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
a typical day at the body was servicing the customers needs, putting away shipment daily, training staff, doing product assessments, cleaning the shelves, restocking shelves, exceeding the companies expectation. so much more

I learned that it is important to give to the world not just yourself, I learned new computer system, I learned a lot about ingredients that are sourced from around the globe and what they do for your body
Management was always approachable
the culture is unique like the owner was, trail blazer, pioneer
the hardest part was leaving
the most enjoyable knowing you were a part of a company that gives back to the earth, animals and people
Pros
Great employee discounts, Great opportunity for Management growth
Cons
short lunch breaks, sometimes under staffed and no break
Enjoyable company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  AlbertaAugust 17, 2018
The body shop is very mission driven. We did a lot of work with community outreach. We participated in campaigns against animal testing and domestic violence. I found these very rewarding on a personal level.
Work place with heavy ups and downs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 17, 2018
A typical day at work was clocking in, and reviewing the goals/promotions for the day. Then diving into customer service or stocking shelves. At The Body Shop I learned my strengths as a sales person. I found that I have a passion for skincare. As an actor keeping my skin clear and camera ready is a priority that I carried over into helping my customers with great accomplishments! For most of the years I worked there I was coached well and enjoyed my manager/employee relationship. I struggled under new management, they were not as supportive. The shift in management was very taxing on the team because we were under staffed for a few months. It exhausted us all, but our remaining team was hard working and tried our best. Then there were several changes, not only with management, but how things were done rapidly changed. Responsibilities piled on without adequate compensation were stress causing.
The silver lining was always serving our loyal customers, some I've known for years. Also, it's always fun to learn about a new product, try it out and recommend it to people. The Body Shop products are top notch, I will still continue to use them. The Body Shop has great values of Community Trade ingredients and they are pioneers Against Animal Testing. Their product is easy to use and very effective. Highly recommended.

Also note that The Body Shop was previously owned by Loreal and is now owned my Natura. No comment on my approval of the CEO. Not applicable.
Pros
Short Breaks, 1/2 hour lunch, flexible potty breaks, occasional gratis product
Cons
Hours for Sales Associates restrictive only 10 hrs
Unique company with a great mission
Sales Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 14, 2018
This company has great morals and beliefs. They instill the ideas of activism and fair trade in each employee, as well as provide intensive training in order to fully understand the company.
Pros
Great ethics and beliefs
Cons
Miscommunication with corporate
It has its Pros and Cons
PT Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAAugust 13, 2018
I currently work for the company and it's a great place to work. I love it.... the only downfall for me is that I am a Part-Time Key Holder and I don't receive benefits only good discounts for products. I am sometimes asked to work an open to close but it's not too bad. If you like staying busy with a few slow days here and there it's a marvelous place to work.
Pros
Discounts, fair treatment, flexible hours, work life balance
Cons
Low Pay, No Benefits
Productivity at the workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYAugust 9, 2018
Working at the body shop was pretty cool busy at times especially around the holidays and sales. the body shop was always overflowing with different smells from the oils, the perfumes etc.
A good comapny to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 1, 2018
Over all this was a good company to work for. Coming into a store that was not making a profit and trying to fix it was difficult. I enjoyed the products and the people. They offered great training programs to help employees learn about the products benefits and features to help you find the right products for the customers. This company offers great products and a pleasant atmosphere for both the employee and customer.
Pros
Great products
Cons
Cost

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

1.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss