The Body Shop Employee Reviews

Found 577 reviews matching the search See all 1,517 reviews
Great work place
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt field mallJune 13, 2019
Great experience very professional. Loved the test & work ethic. The schedule could be more consistent. Gave me a great experience in trying to run a business.
Promotes within the company
Full Time Key Holder/ASM (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11234June 12, 2019
The company grows their employess within . They always push their employees for better and make sure we strive for the greatest. The company believes in making the world a better place.
Pros
Cons
there are non
Loved the brand but was moved moved between 3 stores due to 2 store closures in less than a year with the company.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 5, 2019
It’s a beautiful brand to work for, however the management at the time was not supportive when it came to HR issues. It felt they chose sides and didn’t support their leadership teams.
Pros
Great brand, ethical, fun culture
Cons
Hr, work life when working certain locations
Excellent place to work in the Body care industry
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2019
The Body Shop provided me with my first break in the corporate world and I couldn't have asked for a better place to start. The employees were very welcoming and ensured that I never felt out.
Great place to work. Customers and employees were great!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 30, 2019
I was able to work full time and go to school. Our district and store managers were great! They were very hands on and cared about your well being as well as the overall performance of the store. The compensations were great for me. I can't mention them all, but I was very happy working there - especially during Christmas: it was like a different world. It was almost like not working because it was such an awesome place to work. All of my co-workers and I got along great and are still friends years later.
Cons
The only con I can think of is that I had to relocate and leave that job.
Messy Company all around
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2019
The body shop is beloved internationally but there's a reason the US market isn't great. Messy management, lower average pay, and you are overworked. Time off is rarely granted and the company really doesn't show they care for their employees at all. I had a highly racist and judgmental boss.
Pros
n/a
Cons
pay, discount, time off, work environment
Working with 30 year old high schoolers
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 27, 2019
This has to be the worse customer service job I have ever had. The manger tries to completely change your personality if you are not how they want you to be. Their idea of good customer service is talking about themselves to customers, talking their ear off when people don’t want to talk. The manger wanted me to learn “3 personal things” about each customer that walked in, at the airport. She was only doing this to me. She didn’t do it to anyone else and it was frustrating. The assistant manager is a man child. He lies. He tried to say I picked out my free products when I never picked out any and put them in my locker saying I picked them out when I did not. All the key holders are in clique. They didn’t include two employees in their staff picks. The manger is keeping a person one day a week because she’s “just so great” I’ve never ever in my life have been analyzed like this for customer service. They are so worried about their segments when we don’t make commission. They are just worried about themselves and their bonuses.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management, coworkers, pay
Poor Management
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 22, 2019
The pay gap between employees is ridiculous. A co-worker was making$2 more than I was even though I had 3 years experience and she had less than a years experience.

The manager was borderline abusive to her employees and would call them stupid and lazy behind their backs. She would threaten to fire people if they made even the simplest mistake.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Terrible manager
Great Job
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 30, 2019
Wonderful people there. The managers were amazing and so understanding. They works around schedules and availability. Amazing part time job. Too stressful to be full time.
Pros
Good closing hours.
Don’t waste your time. Please take it from me.
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 24, 2019
Don’t bother. The body shop stands for something amazing. But the management is terrible. They will straight up lie in your face and take credit of your hard work even if they weren’t there.
Cons
Former employer so not really applicable now
Warehouse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 23, 2019
I worked here over 10 years ago and the company isn't even located in this state anymore. Asking this information is ridiculous and a complete waste of my time.
Amazing company to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 19, 2019
They are a loving and caring company and they are always on top of their stuff. They will comb through everything. It’s great culture and a great learning experience.
Pros
Amazing employee discount, work life balance, exciting environment, travel opportunities
Cons
Lack of communication amongst the company, holds issues over employees heads when it was out of the employees control, some managers don’t like dealing with confrontation and they leave it to others to deal with
Not the best
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 15, 2019
I really loved my job. The way I was treated as a part-time consultant by the upper management was very poor and unprofessional. I wish I could have stayed.
Pros
Fun place to work, great customer environment
Cons
Toxic work environment
Very Competitive
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2019
Working at the Body shop is very competitive. You have a sales goal everyday and its mandatory that you exceed your goal or your store probably wont make the month. IT IS EXTREMELY SALES DRIVEN! The workplace culture is not that bad but if you get a store manager is that rude/mean like I did then you will not enjoy working here.
Pros
Bonus
Amazing !!
Seasonal Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTApril 4, 2019
Everyone in my store was so nice. I was there for a seasonal position, and wasn’t expecting to feel so welcomed. Management there is beyond expectional.
Pros
Great management, good training program, awesome communication
Staffing
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 2, 2019
Always understaffed
A lot if one on one coverage
The brand defiantly has great beliefs such as fair trade and Women Empowerment and is very much a feminist brand which is something I like.
Warehouse
Picker Warehousing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NC 27587April 2, 2019
typical day at work is very busy. what I learned at my job was how to maneuver a pallet jack though work way arras. the most enjoyable thing about my job was we had sprit week and birthdays.
Pros
sprit week, pot luchs
relaxed
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Willow Grove, PAApril 2, 2019
A typical day at The Body Shop included; greeting customers, inventory, Stock, Sales of products. I learned different skin products and learned different conditions that people have. the work culture was multi race which was interesting because i am too multi racial so I had something in common with the workers and customers. The hardest part of the job was leaving when the temp job was done. What i enjoyed the most about The Body Shop is that I got to hep people help themselves and I got to meet new people all over the world.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Its only Temporary
Amazing Company to Work For
Assistant Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 31, 2019
This is really a company you can get behind. They really care about their impact on the world and their employees. "Enrich not Exploit" is a big motto for them and they do their best to keep that up. However, when you get down to the local levels, some of the values are not upheld as greatly as they should be. If you really love to work with people and delivering amazing customer service experiences, this is the place for you. You have to be willing to put up with some management issues, but if you can move past that, you will excel at this job.

I loved working with the clients, and creating an experience for them. As with all retail, there is always the strain of holiday, but that should be expected. Be prepared to be micromanaged and to receive mixed messages on what needs to be focused on, but again it is possible to persevere over this given some time and patience.
Very busy
Auto Body Man (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 26, 2019
A very high quality business minded organization, many accounts do to the quality atmosphere. Good frame equipment, reimbursement for training. A lot of talented guys for younger employees to draw from.
Pros
large busy shop
Cons
Hard to advance even after many years.r.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Body Shop. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight