The Boston Home Inc. Employee Reviews

good workplace
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 4, 2018
best place ever. team work, good communication, efficient and safe environment, good in service to make sure that every employee know their role as ca
Pros
team work
Cons
short of staff sometimes
Good Place for Student
Inpatient Clinical (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJune 15, 2018
Great experience for student, great place to learn. Unique patient population allowing for opportunity to grow as clinician in ways school doesn't always teach.
Unit Secretary
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 15, 2017
Administrative work. Inbound calls. Assisted residents that have neurological diseases with any issues they may have. Schedule doctor appointments and worked alongside nurses and CNA's
Stagnant and unorganized
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 12, 2017
Overall experience was interesting
Learned about the caring and nurturing of elderly and handicapped
Was avle to obtain OASIS training certification
The best part was the residents that lived there
Rewarding
Unit Secretary Aid (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MASeptember 17, 2016
Residents and staff are really nice, and you get to build real relationships with people. Everyone is helpful and works together. Its rewarding when something so small makes the residents happy that is makes their day then you feel good too.
volunteer
Volunteer Media Instructor (Former Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MAMarch 3, 2015
I did a volunteer position at the Boston home for a few Saturdays with a school program. a very nice place for someone to work because you learn to have empathy for others.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
I miss that place
Unit Aide (Former Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MAMay 17, 2014
I worked at TBH for 3 years and unfortunately it was my time to go. My typical day would consist of responding to residents, greeting visitors, faxing and filing. I met some great people there and till this day we are still friends. The residents always put a smile on my face due to how strong they were, I have also witnessed some deaths but those who lost the battle are in a better place. The hardest part of this job was making sure you're covered and all appointments were scheduled on time and the patients made it to every appointment.
Pros
schedule, coworkers and staff
Cons
not enough hours
Great Loving people to work with
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 6, 2013
Working with the residents was a great i enjoy my day with them and the co-workers are friendly .
Pros
some co-workers are helpful & friendly
Cons
not alot of team work
Well-run, supportive, longstanding non-profit with vision and national impact
Director of Marketing & Communications (Current Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MAAugust 2, 2013
The Boston Home is a nationally renowned and forward-thinking center for care of people with progressive neurological diseases, mostly Multiple Sclerosis. It's really loved by the people who know it and residents are happy to be here because there is a lot for them to do, a supportive community, and excellent medical care. There is also a day program and increasingly services for the public.

Staff are specialist in their field, kind, friendly and there is minimal turnover. The leadership cares and is involved and on top of things -- it's a remarkably well-run place.

Medical professionals, students, and researchers come from all over the country and world to collaborate with The Boston Home and learn the best ways to care for younger people in longterm care, people with MS, etc. It's an innovative place that puts the resident and his or her independence at the center.

There are a number of staff training opportunities during the year (and a fun and elaborate employee appreciation week) as well as support and recognition that working with people with progressive disease can be stressful and hard.

If you are great at what you do and are positive and love people, this could be a great fit for you. Patience, kindness, and honesty are key qualities for the people who work out well, which means they are really nice people to work with. The campus is beautiful and has a lot of parking and is near the Ashmont T station.

People see residents in wheelchairs and always ask if it's depressing to work here, but it's the opposite. Residents are inspiring and when you see what
  more... they can do through the extra effort of The Boston Home (like paint watercolors or zip around the building and grounds independently in a customized wheelchair even if they are paralyzed from the neck down), you appreciate every day of life all the more. The philosophy and focus on living a meaningful life here applies to staff as well as residents.

It's the best run place I've ever worked.
Pros
Really supportive of staff, residents and family, beautiful facility in a great location, flexibility
Cons
hard to think of any
Amazing facility for advance nuero patients
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  DORCHESTER, MAJune 5, 2013
I love my patients I work with. Ms is a very hard disease to treeat and manage. The hardest part is watching people i grow to know and care about suffer
Pros
the amazing people I get to take care of and know
Cons
little room for advancement, very specialized, limited acuity
TBH is a wonderful place to work and the residents make it even better every day--all employees really get along a work well together
Billing/Collections (Current Employee) –  Business OfficeNovember 20, 2012
A great place to work with a real Team Work approach by all employees
Pros
ample parking--great staff
The most enjoyable part of the job..
Nursing Practice Leader,ICC and QA (Current Employee) –  Boston MANovember 19, 2012
After 11 yrs,it's still the best place to work and a place I want to come to.The employees make it the most enjoyable.Their diversity and their caring ,makes me proud I am part of this organization.
Designated a Center for Excellence in the Care of Persons with Multiple Sclerosis by the National MS Society
Director, Clinical Services (Current Employee) –  2049 Dorchester AvenueNovember 13, 2012
We like to call ourselves a Wheelchair Community even though we are licensed as a skilled nursing home. Our 96 residents really do call this HOME and while they all are paralyzed and wheelchair dependent, together with our staff they have recreated a life worth living with new interests, new friends, reconnections to old friends and interests, and family life that is not based upon caregiving 24/7. Our staff turnover rate is less than 10%, We had a perfect DPH score and most of our managers have been here for 10 years or longer. Wonderful doctors who listen and are available. Lots of opportunity to use your creativity. We are a teaching facility with students from a variety of disciplines and are dedicated to promoting excellence in the care of persons with MS in all settings. You really can make a difference here.
Pros
stability of staff and management. excellent staffing ratios. free parking and near mbta
Cons
no onsite staff cafeteria but great take out and delivery in area.
Great Non Profit
CFO (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 6, 2012
The Boston Home is a great place to work. The people are fantastic and the Company's value are exemplary.

The home takes care of people who have Multiple Sclerosis and similar ailments. But the whole culture is very uplifting and happy.
Pros
employee recognition and events; management that cares

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Boston Home Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7