The Bradford Group Employee Reviews

Administration (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILMarch 22, 2018
This is a great place to work with great managers and a great atmosphere. I highly recommend working here. A good work environment is priceless! You won't regret it!
Pros
Great Managers
Do yourself a favor and don't apply here unless desperate
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILFebruary 8, 2018
Long hours and no room for advancement. The place plays favorites if you're buddy buddy with your manager. Unacceptable project tasks due to incredibly outdated systems. The place runs like the internet doesn't exist - and thus will be out of business in the next 3-5 years.
Pros
Cheap cafeteria
Cons
Hours, Managers, Work Life Balance, Location
Hard work and stressful demands
Senior Product Developer - Hawthorne Village (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJanuary 3, 2018
The creation of concepts and design is fun and always new. The demands can be stressful as sales are the big driver for this company. Fun work but requites effort.
Pay just isnt fair
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILDecember 23, 2017
I find this place is one of the least beneficial opportunities I've had. There is no opportunity for advancement. there is alot of favortism. I applied to be full time instead they made me seasonal. I applied for high picker position which paid 14.50 instead they tried to put me on the line at 12.00 and i had the necessary experience.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No advancement
Great place to start
E-commerce Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILJune 9, 2017
You get to learn a lot on the job, however a lot of work is thrown at you that you burn out. A bit of an old school culture, where it's hard to get new ideas passed.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No advancement path
eCommerce Associate
eCommerce Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILMay 25, 2017
Bradford Group is a great place to start our career and gain real skills. They offer yearly raises. Employees are treated fair. I left because of the commute.
Pros
Management is great, work culture, work fun events, relaxed
Cons
Pay could be better
Culture thrives on negativity
Product Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILMarch 17, 2017
Poor upper management and HR department. Shoddy products with lots of customer returns. Negative work environment. Unprofessional treatment. Stressful environment.
its a job
Information Technology ranging from programmer (Current Employee) –  niles, ilMarch 16, 2017
its a job. you get paid for working 8 hours a day. many people are nice. very unique building and huge atrium and creative products. management culture is to demand as much as possible. no opportunities for growth. get the best deal you can coming in.
Pros
cefeteria in the building
Cons
no growth, high pressure to always produce results
Some of the full time employees were nice.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILDecember 5, 2016
The job was okay, Unfortunately the female supervisor in returns was not management material often rude when asked a question about work. I was supposedly trained by a skinny girl who told me she was the team leader there but she left me alone the first 2 days I never learned what containers to use in packaging the products there because she didn't know herself. I asked her questions about work because I had doubts she was often rude and more worried about gossiping with her friends at the other end than helping us temps there. So happy I found another job.
Pros
lunches and breaks were good timing
Cons
the people were AWESOME :)
Dont know ,did everything (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJanuary 6, 2016
The supervisor was a disappointment to immature not close to professional but very smart. I had high hopes unfortunately they didn't see me fit for a permanent position, the worker's were awesome very sweet .. Both male supervisors well managers very nice great happy attitudes always polite and cheesy,sorry to say that the female management is to immature I saw to much unfairness, but overall I'm going to miss my coworkers.
Pros
thoughtful always rewarding
Cons
perfect breaks and lunch times
Excellent co-workers
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJuly 7, 2015
This is a friendly place to work. All the staff is very personable. There is no room for advancement. Co-workers are wonderfully nice and well knowledgeable of their work but not the management team so much.
Great opportunity with onsite training and key responsibilites to make improvements.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILMarch 9, 2015
Good company with great employees.
Managed and trained over 30 employees in various job duties and responsibilities.
Managed all aspects of warehouse operations up to and including hiring,safety, training, and key metric analysis.
Pros
Opportunity to Manage the operation with Minimal Involvement from corporate.
Cons
Due to economy had to reduce shift to only a daytime operation.
start up staffing firm
Staffing Specialist/Temporary Department Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2013
Cold calling to assist in starting up temporary department for firm that had previously only done permanent staffing .
Pros
provided dinner on fridays in the summer
Cons
company did not have realistic business model