The Bradford Group Employee Reviews

helpful coworkers
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Niles, IlDecember 14, 2018
The team was always willing to help and answer questions. Good hours and usually overtime available. Cafeteria on site with very good food and vending machines. Beautiful and spacious sitting/eating areas. Offered heavily discounted items throughout the year.
Pros
nice and helpful staff; relaxed and low stress environment
Cons
close cubicles
Worked with some great people and some not so great people.
PURCHASING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILOctober 2, 2018
Due to poor management I had to resign because nothing was being done by VP or HR even after several complaints filed against manager by several employees. These employees ended up resigning or retiring.
Pros
Decent benefits and salary.
Cons
Poor management
Great intern experience
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 27, 2018
Great intern experience, able to work on projects under guidance and learn. Daily staff meetings, included in all staff activities such as group meetings and strategy sessions and quarterly celebrations.
Good company to work for
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILSeptember 26, 2018
The expect a fair days work for a fair days wage. They have a open work place with ample opportunities for advancement. Peak season tend to get very hectic but it has been volunteer overtime.
Pros
Salary comparable to similar job functions
Cons
long hours expected at peak times
very good job skills
sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2018
great comunication with one another great directions fast paced great teachers staff and management just overall good at handling workers and needs of the workers and customers
Roller coaster ride!
Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, IL 60106September 10, 2018
Company is out of date and Management lacks competency. Favoritism runs rampant especially with upper management. You see others barely doing anything while you on the other hand work you're butt off,but because they are in good with a supervisor or a manager, they can do whatever they want but if you try to complain about that person that does not do anything and said person is in good with management guess what? You get in trouble. Management tells you, you are the issue. I quite this job because instead of being acknowledged for the work I did, I was expected to do more and more every time even when I was already doing more than I was suppose to while others did the bare minimal. I am surprised or rather not really how some people there got the position they have with the skills they have. Any one worth there worth will not stay at this place unless they enjoy acting and interacting with management that acts like they're in high school.
Benefits
Cons
Just about everything else.
Over all good management and a goog work place
Ware house laborer (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILSeptember 7, 2018
Its a nice place to work for just need to pay more they dont have you doing nothing they wont do them selves thats a winner and no mandatoey anything like most places
Pros
Good manage ment
Cons
Need more pay
I like the company i'm just ready for more advancement and responsiblity.
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 23, 2018
I like the company. I'm just ready for more money and more responsibility. And that's why I left the company. If I had to return to The Bradford group I would because of the company and people.
Bradford
Receiving Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILAugust 21, 2018
I have a no issues here at Bradford, work environment a little dirty, not temperature controlled, lack of technology advancement. Management is rated at 5/10, run on emotions and politics as per any workplace environment
Pros
401 k, a lot of PTO
Cons
dirty work place
Great people
Sales and Leadership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJune 21, 2018
Worked as a consultant to Sales centers in Canada and England.
Developed sales leadership program and worked with sales people.
Developed sales scripting for weekly new product releases.
Not a place you would want to settle.
Laundry Attendant/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 12, 2018
Very unprofessional work place the supervisor even hired her old boyfriend which put me in a bind I no longer had the full shift.If i had to do it all over again I wouldnt even consider putting in an application.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
short breaks
I love this place!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILApril 17, 2018
The managers are great and the workload is manageable. I love coming to work every day! I feel very fortunate to work here. I hope to work here for a long time
Pros
Great managers
Would not reccommed
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILApril 13, 2018
company has no updated software tools, every thing is manually done whiles every company is trying to go green. Wasting papers all over the place. Its takes 2hours to run one report, nothing to make work process easier or efficient. I would not reccommend this company to anyone. Everything I read on glassdoor was really right and should have just declined their offer. Total waste of my time to leave a reputable company I worked for to this.
Cons
benefits wasn't bad
Administration (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILMarch 22, 2018
This is a great place to work with great managers and a great atmosphere. I highly recommend working here. A good work environment is priceless! You won't regret it!
Pros
Great Managers
Do yourself a favor and don't apply here unless desperate
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILFebruary 8, 2018
Long hours and no room for advancement. The place plays favorites if you're buddy buddy with your manager. Unacceptable project tasks due to incredibly outdated systems. The place runs like the internet doesn't exist - and thus will be out of business in the next 3-5 years.
Pros
Cheap cafeteria
Cons
Hours, Managers, Work Life Balance, Location
quick pace environment
ORDER PICKER (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILJanuary 24, 2018
Bradford Exchange was a quick paced environment, and offered overtime frequently. Great pay, good learning environment. My favorite part of my job was interacting with people.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
N/a
Corporate doesnt care about their employees
corporate office (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILJanuary 22, 2018
The company is falling apart. They have way to many high paid executives managing nobody. VP and CEO are greedy and do not care about the employees. The human resource dept. is NOT FOR THE EMPLOYEES
Pros
you eventually get to go home
Do not work for Bradford
Employee (Current Employee) –  Niles, ILJanuary 7, 2018
Very old technology, work life balance non-existent. If you have the opportunity to work for another company please do so. No career advancement, and it is questionable if the company will exist in 5-10 years.
Pros
Company discounts
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Technology
Hard work and stressful demands
Senior Product Developer - Hawthorne Village (Former Employee) –  Niles, ILJanuary 3, 2018
The creation of concepts and design is fun and always new. The demands can be stressful as sales are the big driver for this company. Fun work but requites effort.
Pay just isnt fair
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Bensenville, ILDecember 23, 2017
I find this place is one of the least beneficial opportunities I've had. There is no opportunity for advancement. there is alot of favortism. I applied to be full time instead they made me seasonal. I applied for high picker position which paid 14.50 instead they tried to put me on the line at 12.00 and i had the necessary experience.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Bradford Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight