The Breakers Employee Reviews

Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLMarch 28, 2019
Great culture and benefits and offer great opportunities to grow. The people are very nice and friendly and the management it’s pretty cool, if it wasn’t for the relocation I will stay here
A fun, beautiful place to work
Bartender - Ocean House (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJanuary 11, 2019
The Breakers is an amazing place to work, they really care about their team and put our needs in front of the guests. Happy team=Happy guests, right?

If you have the opportunity to interview there, take it! it will be well worth it.
Pros
Ability to cross train in different departments
Cons
During season, long hours with little breaks
Steer clear
Intern (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJanuary 9, 2019
I would highly advise against working at The Breakers. I was made all sorts of promises on what my position will look like. None of which were honored after more than 6 months. I felt like I was used temporarily (without telling me that of course) and then discarded, Senior management deliberately "worked me out" of the organization
Poor management
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLDecember 1, 2018
Because of the abundance of applications, management abuses employees. This type of pressure is prevalent through out the company. Poor evaluation procedures allows management to give minimum raises.
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
management and pay
Great Workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLNovember 19, 2018
Fantastic environment for young fit college student! Had the ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet guests to improve communication skills.
Review of working at the Breakers
Bungalow Concierge (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLNovember 13, 2018
I am ready for a more challenging career and something that is going to use my education verses serving food and drinks outside by a pool. I have loved getting to me people from all the world of all types of status but I am ready for something new and different. Looking into medical device sales will give me an opportunity to meet people but also use my education with exercise and sports science background, to sell devices that will hopefully help peoples lives.
Pros
It is a great place to work with amazing benefits.
Cons
short breaks, outside, no room for growth, work weekends and holidays
Micro Management and Unprofessional coworkers who love to gossip
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLOctober 25, 2018
Every day consisted of the same work but the work load fluctuated between days. Some days were more busy than other days.

The most important thing i learned working at The Breakers was how to be a professional. Micro Management taught me to leave my life business at the door and focus solely on work at work. Every little thing said or done at work was heard or seen by management.

Management was fair for the most part but also had its favorites. Certain employees were allowed to get away with certain things said or done while other employees were not.

Workplace culture was very upbeat. The Breakers preached friendliness. Certain Employees practiced it more than others.

The hardest part of the job was the continual work load. The day consisted of walking extreme distances and lifting heavy objects.
Pros
Cons
micro management, extreme work load compared to pay, unfairness, unprofessionalism
Great team atmosphere
Sports Concierge (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2018
All departments work together seamlessly and the company really puts their employees first. Excellent benefits, health insurance, life insurance, 401k with contribution match. Having the Breakers on your resume is great because people know their dedication to quality team members and providing excellent customer experience.
Pros
Great benefits, excellent customer service training
Cons
Few opportunities to move up in the company
Would not recommend for long term employment.
Maint. Assoc/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, WASeptember 13, 2018
Poor taining. Not a team envoroment. Disorganized. Fake co-workers ex. they may say something to you but then talk i'll of you behind your back. If something was done incorrectly or not done at all no one will except resposability for it.
Pros
Easy to find
Cons
No elevators
stressful but fun sometimes
N/A (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Cut Throat and unorganized. We did events but I was always confused on what to do because there were so many managers telling me to do different things at the same time
Very Busy Place
Turndown Attendant (Current Employee) –  Pam BeachAugust 16, 2018
I learn that you cant have your opinion just to be quiet
nothing I feel in the time of slavery
is different cultures
as a employee you have to wait not 90 days 6 months to move to another position
i been there for 3 months but i have to be there 6 months is something they dont say at your interview.
House Keeping Deparment
very Streesful
and summer they cut your days very badly
Pros
dont not
Cons
very stressful
Great Company
Server (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLAugust 9, 2018
Great Company, not a lot of room for growth, lower management are puppets and make you feel like you're walking on egg shells, but great benefits, if you're new to fine dining, the training will help.
Breakers
Server (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJuly 17, 2018
Loved working at The Breakers. They taught me great guest interaction and gave experience that I could never put a price on. Still family owned and operated.
depends on your department
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJuly 14, 2018
Before working at The Breakers, I would try to contact someone in the department you are interested in for specific information. Managers are better in some departments than they are n others and it can make a big difference in your experience.
Pros
benefits are great for hospitality employees
Cons
managers can be unhelpful and unsupportive
Beautiful work environment
GUEST RELATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJuly 12, 2018
Beautiful work environment with excellent training. Management is very young and not great at helping others succeed. Very competitive work environment.
Pros
Health Conscious
Cons
No breaks, long hours
productive and fun , yet high pressure and high expectations . Marginal room for error . the type of enviornment i thrive in
fsa (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 5, 2018
Workinf at the breakers , you know youre going there to work . I found this just fine as the enviornment was enjoyable and the pay is worth it . On top of enjoying the work itself
Pros
hard working staff
Cons
Nice place to work.Very familly orientated.
Cook II (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach County, FLJune 27, 2018
Working at the Breakers help me to interact with many different nation and get to know their culture.opportunities to learn many d area in the Hotel.
Most important taking care of my family.
freedom was cool
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 25, 2018
just do your job and you had no problems.very good place to work at.can't believe this thing is making me write all this extra stuff what do you want me to say about the breakers the part i worked in closed all the way down
Long days
Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJune 6, 2018
Not the best company culture. If you have a family, not the best property. Senior Managment does not care much for the opinions or grave concerns of the staff.
If you are good worker, nothing to worry about
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 21, 2018
This is a place in where you have to be very social if you want to have a good time at work and want to advance. As long as you're a hard worker and nice, you will excel at this place.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Could be fired at any given time