The Bridge, Inc Employee Reviews

Toxic Organization
Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2018
For an organization that provides services to 95% minorities, that is funded by tax payer dollars, Executive Management is only concerned with the following: making a huge salary, hiring friends, giving bonuses to only to those who are in a “CLICK” friend relationship.

The Bridge hiring practices should be investigated by the NYS and NYC government. Don’t bother making a complaint to HR. YOU WILL GET FIRED!

There are no minorities in Executive Management positions.

The Bridge lacks management and leadership skills. Fear and intimidation tactics is utilized instead of promoting motivation and resources to better yourself in your position and career.

DO NOT WORK AT THE BRIDGE!
Pros
Cons
Executive Management
Never work here
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 17, 2018
I can honestly say this job was not worth the headache. The pay is so low for what they ask you to do. And the job description constantly changes and extra work is added without extra pay. I recently found a new job and I have the same job title but it pays so much more than the Bridge does. This job was a waste of my time and I would not advise anyone to apply here.
Pros
Cons
Extra work constantly being added, very low pay, Evil directors
Shameful Company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 4, 2018
They have the nerve to require bachelor and Master degrees for some of the positions yet the pay is so low. On indeed it said I would be getting around $50,000 but the company lied when they posted that because I actually made about $32,000 and after taxes were taken out I made in the 20 thousands, and I have 2 degrees. The management team there were also very nasty. The way they spoke to workers was sickening. There is no respect or appreciation at all. It's as if this company wants to be more in the real estate business than actually helping clients. And never go to Human Resources with a grievance because they turn right around and report you to your supervisor and you become a target. Im so happy to be out of there.
Pros
Cons
Very low pay, a lot of work, and no respect
Not What I Was Told It Would Be!
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2018
As a case manager I never thought I would have to provide building coverage but since the facility I work at is usually left under staffed I constantly have to either come in earlier or leave very late (Midnight). The pay should be much more for the amount of cases they gave me and the way the manager goes around screaming and disrespecting the counselors lets me know I wont be staying at this company much longer. I was very shocked to see how staff is treated. The morale is very low and most workers are trying to either transfer or find another company to work for. It's a very sad situation.
Pros
Cons
No respect for staff and low pay
Low pay/compensation and lots of stress
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 29, 2018
This agency does not really appreciate it's employees. Their pay-grade is extremely poor compared to other agencies. I was a social worker and pay was approximately 15-20% less than I found at other places. There are rarely employee appreciation events, aside from their very low-budget Christmas party. The executive staff are very cut-throat and not to be trusted, especially the CEO and COO. Very cheap and only want to spend the minimum on their programs--that is, whatever DHS contractually makes them spend. Don't work here or explore other places first.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Poor pay and little appreciation of employees
Don't work here
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2018
Do not apply here. They tell you your job description is one thing then they add on tons of more work. The pay is so low that most of the workers have to get second jobs. I don't even speak to my supervisor anymore because she gets very disrespectful if you try to make any suggestions. I will be quitting as soon as I find a new job. This is the worse place I have ever worked.
Pros
Cons
No room for growth, Residence Counselors are treated very bad, extremely low pay
You will be treated like garbage!
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2018
The Bridge is not a good place to work. I thought I would get experience in the mental health field and what I got instead was a supervisor who was constantly on a power trip. Screaming and cursing at residence counselors seems to be the norm here. The pay is also very low for the type of work we do and the population we serve. The working conditions were also horrible. There were bed bugs, roaches, and mice. The last straw for me was when my director told me I had to come in on my day off or I would be fired. I was not about to miss my own engagement party for a minimum wage job.
Pros
Cons
Residence counselors are treated horribly, They constantly add on more work, You will get stuck if their is no one to relieve you, You will have to work on your day off, Very low pay
You will be treated like garbage!
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 21, 2018
Not worth the headache
Treatment Aide (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 21, 2018
If you are not passionate about helping others get their lives together, then I would not recommend working here. The amount of time and effort you have to put into dealing with out of control teenagers is so not worth the $8 they pay you.
Pros
No micro-management
Cons
Not enough pay to deal with extremely bad behaviors.
Horrible place to work
Residence Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2018
As a residence counselor you are not considered a valuable employee even though you're the one doing most of the work with the clients. Management never misses an opportunity to let you know that you are beneath them. They constantly add on more work but don't pay extra for it. Staff is usually left to work single coverage even in facilities where clients outnumber the staff by about 40 to 1, and clients can become aggressive. The company is saving a lot on our pay since it is a minimum wage job so the least they could do is treat us with a little bit more respect.
Pros
Being able to quit when I wanted to
Cons
Minimum wage, Horrible supervisor, constantly adding more work without compensation, always being left to work alone

Want to know more about The Bridge, Inc?

Ask a question
Poor management and stressful environment
Qualified Substance Abuse Professional/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALAugust 5, 2018
Working at the bridge was not a pleasant experience. You are given a reasonable amount of clients but the paperwork will drown you. They do not show appreciation for their staff in pay or actions. The management is terrible and they do not support you when coming to them with concerns for clients. I do not suggest working here.
Pros
Cons
Heavy work load, low pay, poor management
Terrible work conditions
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 9, 2018
I was hired and eager to start when I started I quickly realized this is not workable conditions. I feel bad for the employees that work there, there is so much garbage that you have to walk over to get inside the office (food, boxes, bloodied sanitary pads etc). When walking in the area to the train station I’ve seen men pooping on the side of our office, people overdosed by the train just horrible. The inside of the office is so hot one is easy to pass out or get sick, there is no air inside the office and it smells awful. This is not a office building it is a community center and surrounding the community center is lots of project buildings. I spotted a huge dead roach by the admin desk. The work load seems demanding but good. The staff was very nice and the supervisor and program director was very hands on and helpful, very nice ladies run it. This was a culture shock to me and my time was very short at the job. Best of luck to all.
Pros
Nice staff and helpful managers
Cons
Extremely hot, smells pretty bad, unsafe environment
I enjoyed working with the residents, and running groups.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 22, 2018
Their was a lot of favoritism on the job. Some of the workers did not pull their own weight. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching the residents how to improve their quality of life.
Pros
I worked independently
Cons
Not being properly relieved on time.
Exciting, growth oriented organization!
Associate Executive Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2018
The Bridge, Inc is a wonderful, client centered organization. It takes a comprehensive approach to its work with individuals who have suffered from the ravages of severe mental illness, alcohol and substance misuse and homelessness. It lives up to its mission, and does more than just "talk the talk", it delivers for its clientele!
Productive and relax place
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 26, 2018
A little to relax for me. A better fit for a older but physically in shape person due to the population of the business. There are walk though of the facility on an hourly basis, any of the residents that enter the facility must be check along with their property with a hand held metal detector scanner. We also serve all meals and snacks to residents.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Pay
sparatic hours
Treatment Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 27, 2018
always on call. unpredictable. Patients were nice, staff was not easy to get along with. hours unpredictable, no notice for work, they just called and you had to show up
Horribly Run
Non-direct employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2017
All the executives, directors, and managers are incompetent. They don't care about doing the right thing for the agency and the clients. All they care about is milking the clients' medicaid. They don't abide to regulations and can careless when it is brought to their attention.
Employee moral is extremely low. No one has clarity on what their role is or what the true mission of the agency is. I truly believe this agency needs to be investigated for labor violations, environment violations, ethical practices, and financial practices.
Good Job For Those Staring Out
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  residentialDecember 2, 2017
It's been a great job for someone starting out in their career. everyone there is nice and tries to help the most they can. I've been able to learn a lot from this job.
Its great to be able to help young people turn their lives around.
LPN Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 20, 2017
I enjoy working at The Bridge. It can sometimes be stressful yet very rewarding.I feel like Im making a difference in the clients' lives by helping them see that they can do anything they set their minds to. Aside from being a rewarding place to work the insurance is affordable and the benefits are nice. Overall I think its a great place to work.
Pros
dayshift
Cons
low pay
Challenging job that helped me develop as a professional
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 24, 2017
The Bridge was a job that challenged me as an individual to be creative and make a difference in client's lives. The workload was manageable as a clinician as long as the "extras" were not too overwhelming (which they frequently were).
Pros
Lunch was a dollar in the cafeteria
Cons
Demands beyond those one would expect to be placed on a therapist, frequently short-staffed so carrying a larger case load than expected/practical

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Bridge, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4