The Bridge, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor management and stressful environment
Qualified Substance Abuse Professional/Therapist (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALAugust 5, 2018
Working at the bridge was not a pleasant experience. You are given a reasonable amount of clients but the paperwork will drown you. They do not show appreciation for their staff in pay or actions. The management is terrible and they do not support you when coming to them with concerns for clients. I do not suggest working here.
Pros
Cons
Heavy work load, low pay, poor management
Terrible work conditions
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 9, 2018
I was hired and eager to start when I started I quickly realized this is not workable conditions. I feel bad for the employees that work there, there is so much garbage that you have to walk over to get inside the office (food, boxes, bloodied sanitary pads etc). When walking in the area to the train station I’ve seen men pooping on the side of our office, people overdosed by the train just horrible. The inside of the office is so hot one is easy to pass out or get sick, there is no air inside the office and it smells awful. This is not a office building it is a community center and surrounding the community center is lots of project buildings. I spotted a huge dead roach by the admin desk. The work load seems demanding but good. The staff was very nice and the supervisor and program director was very hands on and helpful, very nice ladies run it. This was a culture shock to me and my time was very short at the job. Best of luck to all.
Pros
Nice staff and helpful managers
Cons
Extremely hot, smells pretty bad, unsafe environment
I enjoyed working with the residents, and running groups.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 22, 2018
Their was a lot of favoritism on the job. Some of the workers did not pull their own weight. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching the residents how to improve their quality of life.
Pros
I worked independently
Cons
Not being properly relieved on time.
Well organized and professional atmosphere
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 16, 2018
The work is not easy, but having great team members and management easen up the work. Very flexible agency and they definitely care about staff's personal growth and safety. A job I look forward going to and always feel accomplished and acknowledged.
Pros
Excellent management and opportunity for growth
Cons
Pay
Exciting, growth oriented organization!
Associate Executive Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2018
The Bridge, Inc is a wonderful, client centered organization. It takes a comprehensive approach to its work with individuals who have suffered from the ravages of severe mental illness, alcohol and substance misuse and homelessness. It lives up to its mission, and does more than just "talk the talk", it delivers for its clientele!
Productive and relax place
Program Aide (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 26, 2018
A little to relax for me. A better fit for a older but physically in shape person due to the population of the business. There are walk though of the facility on an hourly basis, any of the residents that enter the facility must be check along with their property with a hand held metal detector scanner. We also serve all meals and snacks to residents.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Pay
sparatic hours
Treatment Aide (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 27, 2018
always on call. unpredictable. Patients were nice, staff was not easy to get along with. hours unpredictable, no notice for work, they just called and you had to show up
Horribly Run
Non-direct employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2017
All the executives, directors, and managers are incompetent. They don't care about doing the right thing for the agency and the clients. All they care about is milking the clients' medicaid. They don't abide to regulations and can careless when it is brought to their attention.
Employee moral is extremely low. No one has clarity on what their role is or what the true mission of the agency is. I truly believe this agency needs to be investigated for labor violations, environment violations, ethical practices, and financial practices.
Good Job For Those Staring Out
Therapist/Counselor (Current Employee) –  residentialDecember 2, 2017
It's been a great job for someone starting out in their career. everyone there is nice and tries to help the most they can. I've been able to learn a lot from this job.
Its great to be able to help young people turn their lives around.
LPN Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 20, 2017
I enjoy working at The Bridge. It can sometimes be stressful yet very rewarding.I feel like Im making a difference in the clients' lives by helping them see that they can do anything they set their minds to. Aside from being a rewarding place to work the insurance is affordable and the benefits are nice. Overall I think its a great place to work.
Pros
dayshift
Cons
low pay

Want to know more about The Bridge, Inc?

Ask a question
Challenging job that helped me develop as a professional
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 24, 2017
The Bridge was a job that challenged me as an individual to be creative and make a difference in client's lives. The workload was manageable as a clinician as long as the "extras" were not too overwhelming (which they frequently were).
Pros
Lunch was a dollar in the cafeteria
Cons
Demands beyond those one would expect to be placed on a therapist, frequently short-staffed so carrying a larger case load than expected/practical
Going down hill terrible Company
Consumer Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 22, 2017
This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for. Its a trap and when u try and find a new job or dont come in and help on ur scheduled day off they like to try and get you in trouble. I would never recommend anyone to work here go somewhere else I'd rather work 10 fast food jobs than do this again. Was with the company for 2 years.. Ridiculous management thinks they're better than everyone else and they don't follow protocol!
Pros
Pays the bills sometimes
Cons
Works you to death, doesnt follow protocol, doesnt care about their clients!
little room for advancement
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 6, 2017
Some managers are interested in seeing employees grow, and see that employees are taking care of themselves. Not at the Queens location. The office is in poor condition, outdated, insufficient for employee use and management is inconsiderate to staff's wellbeing. Other departments are better Queens Health Home has lots of necessary improvements.
The job it self has now changed. Before employees delegate how they spent their time but now management has enforced strict time constraints fore Care Coordinators. Best part is seeing progress among clients and meeting several specialized providers.

Typical Day: clock in at the office at 9, make phone calls check emails, 10am head out to see clients using monthly metro card provided. Go see 3 clients minimum by 2pm. Find time to get lunch otherwise you'll easily find yourself missing meals. Get back to office by 3pm to type and print notes. Management has you leave no later than 5:10pm.
Pros
monthly metro card
Cons
micromanaged all the time
Internship
Peer Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
A typical day at this job involved running groups and writing progress notes on what took place during the groups. I also developed topics to run my own group and tried to recruit members.
Pros
free lunch
Mission Driven
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2017
Mission Driven organization with decades old track record as a leading provider of human services. However, frugal and needs to invest more in work-life balance efforts to maintain morale.
Pros
Dedicated professionals and unique clientele
Cons
Supervisors need to work on improving morale
Supportive with understanding the day to day operations
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYMarch 31, 2017
Professional atmosphere.
There is room for growth and the staff is vey friendly and cordial.
Various programs within the agency. Good staff collaboration. Very structured.
Pros
Very Professional atmosphere
Manage and balance Govt. Contract, Annual Certification.
HUD Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 16, 2015
First time I managed one co-worker and learned many good things about how to manage staff and get the work done on-time.

Company really uses their funds wisely.

Management respect their staff and take good care all the time.

Learned AccountMate & AWARD System.
Pros
Free Breakfast, Lunch & Tea
a nice place
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2015
My day starts at 8:50am, going over notes from yesterday's client interaction and checking voicemails on cell and work phone and email.
Crazy at times but fulfilling
LPN Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, nYAugust 25, 2014
Mondays are pretty hectic. When I want in the door every client has an emergency and their needs have to be met in a timely manner. Phones are ringing off the hook and visitors need to be buzzed in (home health aides, maintenance, etc). I immediately have to get on the phone with several pharmacies to find out where the medications are there were supposed to be delivered on Friday evening or Saturday the latest. Inevitably a pharmacy will say they delivered something was wasn't actually delivered and I have to track down the delivery papers and fax over to said pharmacy hi-lighting the medications that were delivered and the ones that weren't. Clients need to be tracked down for appointment slips which they received from their doctors appointments but never handed into to the staff. I have to track down transportation for the clients waiting outside to be taken to their appointments. Depending on the day I may have to leave the building to do outside trainings or health presentations with other facilities or senior centers.
Pros
My schedule is fairly flexible. Since I do so many meetings, presentations, etc.
Cons
stressful
Very interesting and challanging Atmosphere
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  245 West 108th. Street, New York, N.Y. 10028June 21, 2013
My typical day at the Bridge was responding to Employees, Vendors (such as benefits carriers) and employee verifications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Bridge, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.