The Bridge of Central Mass Employee Reviews

Fantastic place to work.
Peer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 11, 2018
I was there for a short time, however when I worked at the Bridge, my training's that were offered to me, MAP training, Clinical training as well were so fulfilling to my career.
Rude
RC (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMay 6, 2018
didnt like the work atmosphere. cliche and rudeness from coworkers to employees of the Bridge and other staffing agencies. Individuals served are great
Intensive workplace
Senior Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Littleton, MADecember 29, 2017
The hardest part of my job is crisis with the individuals. The most enjoyable part is watching the individuals grow. Typical day at work is fast paced, always something to do and a lot of paperwork. I learned patience, acceptance and more information about mental health while working at the Bridge.
Beneficial
Relief Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 23, 2017
Wonderful job with amazing people. Plenty of hours offered with flexible schedules and growth of learning and improvement. Friendly coworkers and management
Individuals fun to work with
Senior Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 6, 2017
Individuals in program are interesting to work with and is the best part of my job. Job expectations can change daily. Most staff are fun to work with.
Pros
Individuals were amazing to work with
Cons
limited pay raises
A rewarding workplace helping disabled individuals.
Primary Counselor (Former Employee) –  43 Highland ave., Fitchburg MA. 01420February 24, 2017
A typical day includes supporting and counseling individuals. Writing and using treatment plans. I learned about the challenges face by mentally ill individuals. The management was well organized. The work place included a variety of ethnic employees. The hardest part of the job was handling suicidal individuals. The most enjoyable part of the job was observing the personal growth of the individuals.
Pros
Working in an old victorian house.
Cons
Stress of working with agitated or suicidal clients.
Overworked and under paid
Overnight Awake Staff (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 13, 2016
I loved working for the Bridge at one point, then the bridge realized I was willing to help and cover others shifts when needed. The bridge took advantage of that and did not compensate me.
Billable notes, helping individuals
Senior Residential Counselor, (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 6, 2015
Fun place to work and help individuals out. Making sure you work on goals and paper work for the individuals. Adequate amount of training provided by the company.
I have gained a lot of people skills
Senior Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Worcester,MASeptember 15, 2012
A typical day at The Bridge entails empowering individual served with skills needed to be integrated into the community. One requires a lot of empathy and patience to make it through a shift. On the positive side you will learn a lot especially about stress management and skills needed to cope.
Pros
learnt a lot about dialectical behavioral therapy
Cons
less personal times since employee are not allow breaks when at work
Solid place to work.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 11, 2012
A typical day for a Residential Counselor at The Bridge includes assisting individuals with basic expectations such as time management, hygiene, attending treatment and medical related appointments, medication management, facilitating therapeutic groups such as DBT and IMR, teaching life and social skills, and documenting all of the mentioned in daily treatment notes and periodic reviews. I've learned that a person needs a lot of patience to work in this field; due to its often slow progressing nature. Management is usually fair and accommodating; although I had a couple of pay related issues I had to fight them for. I can't speak for the entire company's employees as I only worked in a specific program; but I found my co-workers to be mostly pleasant, professional, and fun to work with, and at other times unfair and stubborn without reason. The hardest part of the job for me personally was long periods of stress due to how emotionally taxing the job can be (individuals being rude and uncooperative, seeming lack of treatment progress). Also, compared to other agencies in the state, The Bridge offers a relatively low pay rate. The part I enjoyed most about working here was witnessing a measurable amount of progress in the individuals lives and knowing that I helped to make that happen. All in all, I would recommend working for The Bridge.
Pros
employment stability, benefits
Cons
pay
Solid place to work.
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 11, 2012
A typical day for a Residential Counselor at The Bridge includes assisting individuals with basic expectations such as time management, hygiene, attending treatment and medical related appointments, and teaching life and social skills. I've learned that a person needs a lot of patience to work in this field; due to its often slow progressing nature. Management is usually fair and accommodating; although I had a couple of pay related issues I had to fight them for. I can't speak for the entire company's employees as I only worked in a specific program; but I found my co-workers to be mostly pleasant, professional, and fun to work with, and at other times unfair and stubborn without reason. The hardest part of the job for me personally was long periods of stress due to how emotionally taxing the job can be (individuals being rude and uncooperative, seeming lack of treatment progress). Also, compared to other agencies in the state, The Bridge offers a relatively low pay rate. The part I enjoyed most about working here was witnessing a measurable amount of progress in the individuals lives and knowing that I helped to make that happen. All in all, I would recommend working for The Bridge.
Pros
employment stability, benefits
Cons
pay
Very busy workplace always on the go.
Supported Housing Counselor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 17, 2012
My work day is very busy, there is always something to do. I have learned how to assist clients in multiple need areas. Also, I have learned to be the medication coordinator at my job. Hardest part of the job is you are always busy and on the go. The most enjoyable part of the job is learnig how to work with people with serious and persistent mental illnesses.