The BridgeWay Employee Reviews

work somewhere else
Assessment and Referral Counselor (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 19, 2019
if you just need a job to pay bills it will do it, but don't expect any job security, opportunities to move up, or appreciation. There have been MULTIPLE management changes over the past couple of years.
Marketing Account Representative/Mobile Assessor (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR 72118February 26, 2019
Staff is supportive and collaborative; mission of the hospital is followed closely and leadership is involved and supportive; training and mentoring is a strong component
good PRN job
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARFebruary 23, 2019
do not treat employees well, constantly work short staffed. dangerous environment for staff. management has had several turn overs in the past 5 years.
An incredibly stressful place to work
Mental Health Associate (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARDecember 6, 2018
A highly stressful and emotionally exhausting place to work. While the coworkers are and the supervisors are very supportive, the climate and job strain quite stressful.
Pros
Peers are supportive
Cons
Administration was incompetent and uncaring for its employees
Bridgeway Hospital review
pool therapist (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 28, 2018
My job was that of conducting group therapy sessions for children, adolescents and adults on the weekends. The adolescent group therapy sessions were often the most challenging of the three group sessions on a given day, as they tended to be a little more manipulative than were the children or adults. Bridgeway Hospital was a private facility and would bill insurance by Monday morning, which would require that I had all clinical work done by Sunday evening before clocking out. The facility also had some CEU opportunities called Lunch and Learn at lunchtimes which were helpful in keeping current with my social work license.
Pros
weekend work did not interfere with full time VA work
Cons
several supervisory changes
n/a
Intern-Discharge Planning (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 13, 2018
Only worked at the Bridgeway as an intern while finishing up graduate school. This was my second year placement internship. The environment is fast paced.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Vibrant work environment and caring staff
MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 25, 2018
My favorite characteristic of this institution is the genuine care and concern for well-being that the employees have for the patients. From the vending maching stock guy to the receptioninst in admissions, the patients are treated with respect and compassion.
Pros
free lunch as intern, great experience for learning student
Cons
no pay as intern
Nice place to work
Addiction Therapist (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 7, 2018
I enjoy working for the company. Good company to work for . Management is good we provide quality care to all. the company that I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Flexable good working environment
Cons
N/a
Great place to get experience
HIM Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 7, 2018
I chose Bridgeway to start my experience in HIM. It was great for that but hard to advance due to such a small department. You get great great vacation hours and there are some overtime opportunities. The downside is they cut hours very frequently due to low patient stats.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation, Cafeteria on site
Cons
Easily cut hours due to low census
Profit over Patient Care
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 24, 2018
Bridgeway is owned by a large, publicly traded corporation. Profit is their primary concern with only lip service to patient care.

Bridgeway has many employees who truly care for patients, but sometimes their ability to provide quality care is compromised by staff-to-patient ratios.

It's a great place to get a career start, but in the long run, you may become jaded toward our modern healthcare system.
Pros
Decent compensation
Cons
profit over patient care
Mental Health Associate (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 4, 2018
Great job to work at. I love the management team because they take care of their employees. I would recommend anyone to work their. I plan on working their for awhile.
It’s a good place to work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 26, 2017
My job duties include but not limited to the caring for individuals with mental illness in a hospital setting. I do a group with my clients on setting daily goals and how to cope with daily issues that have impacted their lives to get them on the road to recovery. I do vital signs daily and report any changes in their vitals and behavior back to a Registered nurse. I also diffuse any conflicts between clients and make sure all clients and staff are safe.
Pros
Love the team I work with
Cons
Would like to work more
Bad management. Low staff. High turnover.
Primary Nurse (Former Employee) –  Nlr, AROctober 8, 2017
The management was unaware. Floor managers was no help, all mouth and no action. Staffing was ALWAYS short. Your safety was at risk ALWAYS. No staff relief to take personal vacations. If you were the medication nurse or Second nurse you always had to float to different unit becoming the primary nurse ( when census was low) staff to patient ratio jeopardized your licensed. Still utilize paper charting( horrible way of being consistent/measurements of patient outcomes) no communications channels available ( things frequently got dropped by the waist side. Nurses are housekeepers, maintenance, IT and all.
Pros
8 hour shift; nights work Monday-Thursday
Cons
Understaffed: pay was not fair for some
Fast pace work environment. Culture of micromanagement.
Staff RN/Charge Nurse/House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  middle management as last job positionJune 15, 2017
8 hour shift make the day move very quickly. The supervisor position was most 10 hours days. Covering any and everything including working on the unit as needed during a given day. I handled staff and patients. Visitors and admissions everyday.
Pros
a great quality of people to work with. I developed a love to inspire my staff
Cons
The continual micro-management
Nursing Department was supportive
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 11, 2017
I enjoyed my classroom and the supplies and training that was provided. My MHT's were very helpful and supportive. My boss I had for 13 years was awesome. Kristin was supportive and always there if you needed her. My dept and nursing worked well together.
Pros
working with kids
Cons
admissions/discharge process
Another day at the Bridgeway....
Former employee (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMay 13, 2017
Management only pretended to care about their departments. Everyone I knew was considering other jobs. Under staffed, over worked. The CEO has no idea what he is doing. I would never tell anyone to go here as an employee or as a patient.Management picks favorites, dietary department is hateful, nursing staff are idiots, MHA's are over worked and the social services department blames everyone or plays dumb. No one takes responsiblity for their own actions
Enjoying working patient population
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 12, 2017
Good place to work if you are a born patient advocate. It a fast pace environment and can be challenging. The staff are great to work with. 8hours through the week and weekend shifts are 12 hours. It can be difficult for staff if you can not a micromanaged environment.
Pros
Great people, good food, fun perks
Cons
Always short staffed always
Challenging work environment
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 9, 2017
It very challenging at times to work with mentally ill pts. Co workers were nice. Hardest part of job working short at times.
Very Low Morale Upon Nursing Staff
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARApril 4, 2016
Low morale upon nursing staff

Have to find your own coverage in order to get a day off, even though you have time to use

No opportunity for advancement

Doesn't offer in services or pay for attendance to outside in services or workshops.

Only recognized paid holidays are Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.

Staffing is terrible. Administration only looks at the number of patients and not the acuity of the patients.
Pros
Pays time and a half for working weekend option.
Cons
Most nursing employees work 32 hours a week, however it's considered full time
10 years spent there
Tech and Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 25, 2016
Overall its a great place to begin work in the field of psychiatrics. Team players are everywhere and there is always someone to ask for help if needed.
Pros
flexible hours, management is supportive
Cons
very fast paced, potentially hostile at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The BridgeWay. Our community is ready to answer.

The BridgeWay Reviews by Location