The Brooklyn Hospital Center Pay & Benefits reviews

Average rate
Surgical Coordinator-Department of Surgery (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2019
it's a very good hospital unfortunately there are no opportunities to grow. The Hospital offers good benefits and convenient work schedule. Many activities and discount for employees.
Union job
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 17, 2019
I enjoyed working with some people but overall the hospital is poorly run, administration are educated fools who dont care for the patients, I refuse to work inpatient because of what Ive witnessed on a geriatric floor. I admired alot of doctors but the nursing care there was shameful, your most likely get better care in a third world country.
Pros
good benefits and salary
Cons
ignorant incompetent staff
Brooklyn Hospital
Patient Accounts Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 4, 2018
This job was my first experience as a Supervisor. I gained lots of experience from the management, staff and the provider relation team. The travel distance was short.
Pros
Salary was too low
Cons
Travel was commutable
Good place to work.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 16, 2018
Productive and fun work place. Staff are very are hard working and very professional. Working at the Brooklyn Hospital Center as a Patient Care Technician, improve my skills. I would love to become a RN in the near future.
Pros
Hospital has great benifits. Assis with college preperation.
Cons
Short staff, not enough help.
It can be a pleasant place, but...
Nutritionist/Outreach Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2018
Working for this hospital on a typical day can be stressful because the supervisor does not allow one to breathe. No matter what, your best is simply not good enough. The hardest part of the job is trying to cope with strange behaviors of the supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the day is most busy because it allows one to focus on what they are doing appropriately without the supervisor constantly over one's shoulder.
Pros
Great benefits
Even with its shortcomings, Perhaps the best hospital in Brooklyn
Staff RN, ED and Intensive care units (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 28, 2018
Long history of caring for the local community, which I greatly appreciate. But that makes for a challenging environment. After working there for 12 years, then working in Manhattan for two, I can honestly say I never should have left. While the Board of Directors, the Admitting Attendings, and Nurse managment have been trying to drive this hospital to the ground for decades, there is a spirit and family feeling among the staff. My experience in the ED and ICU's have impressed on me that these two departments really live and breathe the ethos of Evidenced Based Medicine, and they've been doing it before anybody else. So, in short, if you are person who truly cares about patient care and safety, who will continue to learn and build your expertise, if you pay attention to what is being done, you will learn good medical and nursing practice at this hospital; despite the inadequate equipment, staffing, and management support.
Pros
NYSNA benefits, flex time, evidenced based medicine
Cons
understaffed, punitive management, misguided Board of Directors
Decent Hospital
Physician Assistant, Orthopedic Surgery, Full Time (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 3, 2018
Decent hospital, good orthopedics quality surgeons. The administration underpays it's employees. I wish that the pay and PTO was better. No overtime, no compensation for call.
good
Administrative Asst (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 1, 2018
What I learned is to be patient, work fast and accurate. It is a very busy hospital and clients need and expect the utmost care. Needs to be pleasant.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
health care and vacation privileges
union job
Sr. Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 3, 2017
Very close to home, management was ok and raises were annualy. Anniversay gift and tuition reimbursement . easy work but needed updated system. Employees were ok but not dependant
Safety Net Hospital with Good People and a Tough Mission
Clinical Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 31, 2017
NYC hospitals are generally disorganized, frenetic places and TBHC is certainly no exception. Coupled with its 'Safety Net' status, TBHC a challenging place to work due to the client population and the general low level of access to resources. Many people are good-natured and their mission-driven passion is inspiring, but the hospital management is constantly focused on crisis management.
Pros
People. Cafeteria. Vacation Benefits
Cons
Cash-strapped. Low compensation.
Professional environment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 4, 2017
Worked on department payroll, calculate weekly hours worked, vacation and sick time accruals, etc
Maintained attendance records and set vacation schedule
Scheduled employee’s evaluations, orientations, and physicals annually
Maintained department’s policy and procedure manual, employee files, et
Pros
Dependable salary
Cons
Breaks on time
It was just for summer youth with 1199
Ear Nose and Throat receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2017
Private hospital. Very professional and great place to work. Im sure if u apply for a fulltime postion then u will get complete benefits as well as a 401k. The area is good. I enjoyed working for them
It is an ok place to gain employment it has a union and there is always room for advancement.
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 12, 2017
The benefits are good and it can sometimes be an ok place to work as in any other establishment.There is always room to advance. You have to make it your own.
Pros
On occassions they will provide free lunch to the staff
excellent
Medical Assistant Externship & Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Blood Bank & Pathology LabJune 21, 2015
concentration, positive,
timely.
make sure I finish my duties on time,
management satisfaction.
understanding with my co-workers.
Not doing my job as instructed by my supervisor.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when I receive certificate of complement, and through rise on my salary.
Pros
3.50
Cons
30mins short break, on 8 hrs duties
challenging
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 24, 2015
I check my email, supervise the clerks and let them know what needs to be done for the day. I enjoy working with my coworkers. The hardest thing when a pt dies. I get to interact with many people. I love the challenge and learn new things.
Pros
supervisor very understanding
Cons
salary
very productive 24 hours
Patient Care Manager Perioperative Services (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 10, 2015
a trauma level 1 facility .a very pro active management , also a mixed culture working environment however was easy to handle and worked with.Staff were widely experienced .A day to day learning .
Pros
Coopearative OR staff, good benefits
Cons
OR supplies are sometimes not available .
Dont expect too much....
HIM (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn,NYJuly 29, 2014
and you will be fine. Benefits horrible except union. Limited growth.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 19, 2014
Very nice people and managers, loved working at this hospital
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 26, 2013
Great Environment, Good Employers, Good Management
I learned great management skills, and I have acquired a lot of knowledge
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
N/a
Compensation is average, culture is entrenched, no room for advancement, but you do not have to take any work home with you.
Staff Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 17, 2012
For OTs there are only acute rehabilitation and outpatient rotations. Currently the supervisor is inpatient bedside. Co-workers are okay. The hardest part of the job is coming to work in a non-progressive work environment. Management is only interested in keeping their jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job are my patients and co-workers. WIth my co-workers we have many laughs at management's expense.
Pros
you don't have to bring your work home with you and its near my home.
Cons
salary, no room for advancement, acute rehab without an adl room, management only interested in keeping their jobs..