THE BRUCE COMPANY Employee Reviews

3.2Job Security & Advancement
its an ok place to work
horticulture (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIJuly 25, 2017
the pay is low
health benefits are extremely expensive
managers are not the nicest
this company makes you work in crazy weather conditions
most of the lawn equipment is old and junk
Pros
Cons
everything
Enjoy working in equipment
General Labor equipment worker and (Current Employee) –  Middleton, WINovember 20, 2015
I have done my job duties as expected with little supervision. I enjoy the field work such as plowing, cultivating, and digging trees. Do not enjoy having to manually lift trees onto semi's for loading.
Employee Discount
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 5, 2015
Pruning, planting, shearing, spring and fall clean-up and driving. I learned much about landscaping. Management was good and the co-workers were friendly and nice to work with. The hardest part of the job was finding my way around Madison. I enjoyed working outside.
Pros
Working with plants
Cons
Unemployed in the winter
excelente
lider de grupo (mantenimiento de paisaje) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 16, 2015
un dia de trabajo en esa empresa es genial llegar ver el lugar al que te toca dar mantenimiento prepara la herramienta necesaria, revisar tu vehiculo que este en eoptimas condiciones, llegar al lugar planear como hacer el trabajo distribuir al personal de forma eficiente, chcar algunas especificaciones que pudieron dar a la gerencia y prestarle atencion, lo mas dificl del trabajo es que es puramente fisico pero es tambien lo que mas me agrado.
Pros
ocho meses de trabajo por 4 meses de descanso
Cons
no hubo renovacion de visas
Lawn maintenance and contruction company
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 25, 2014
Arrive at the shop and load and check equipment needed for work day. Drive the crew and the equipment to various work sites. At the work sites I would provide all necessary lawn maintenance tasks and delegate tasks to crew as needed. At the works sites mowing, string-trimming, weeding, pruning, planting, mulching, sodding, soil and seeding were provided. At the end of the day I would unload the equipment and provided any necessary maintenance to truck and equipment. Completed all inventory of daily amounts used to complete work site tasks. Completed time sheets for self and crew members.
Pros
Enjoyed being lead with co-workers, and driving to and from work sites
Cons
Extreme heat and cold.
Great Balance of working outdoors and indoors. The company has the best atmosphere, collegial and professional!
Measurer, CAD Drafter (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIFebruary 12, 2014
This job contained aspects of work I love the most: working outdoors, drawing and drafting, identifying trees, native and perennial plants, autonomy to prioritise work and complete tasks, variety in navigating/driving to work sites and interacting with customers and co-workers.
There is a typical work flow although not a typical work day because the jobs varied by the amount of work required for each customer. A large commercial site might take several days to measure and draft whereas a small private propery might be done in two hours.
The work I did was organized in this way. First I would read the work order forms submitted by the landscape architects/sales team. Then I would work out logistics and prioritize the site visits. I drove a company vehicle to commercial and residential sites where I drew schematics of the site, recorded measurements, recorded types of trees, shrubs and perennials and interacted iwth customers. After acquiring the information I returned to the office where I used autodesk autoCAD to draft scale base maps of the site for the landscape architects to use in creating designs and cost estimates for customers. I worked alone and with a partner (for larger sites). I communicated effectively with co-workers (in writing and in person). I concluded each assignment by writing and filing logs and notations about each work order.
Pros
Autonomy in performing tasks and prioritizing work load, working outdoors, using knowledge of plants and trees, using skills in drawing and drafting, navigating and driving to work sites, working with a great supervisor
Cons
the pay was not enough to met my needs long term

Ask a question about working or interviewing at THE BRUCE COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.

THE BRUCE COMPANY Reviews by Location