The Buckeye Ranch Employee Reviews

I enjoyed
Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 22, 2018
I enjoyed this job, but left due to wanting experience working with adults. The only main complaint that I have is the driving, but you are aware of that at th time of the interview.
fun fun fun
Night Youth Leader (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHSeptember 24, 2018
Lively environment, fun at times and stressful at times. friendly staff, easy and laid back co workers. kids were a handful but most were delightful on most days.
Pros
night shift
Cons
stressful
Terrific place to work
Equine Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Equestrian Center, Grove City, OhioSeptember 8, 2018
The Buckeye Ranch was a wonderful place to work. They provided great benefits, vacation hours, and a good salary. The work with the residents of the Ranch was a rewarding as well as challenging at times. The opportunity for learning new ideas and therapies was an ongoing process, but always made fun and easy. Yearly training was a plus of the job as well. I encourage anyone interested in providing a safe and encouraging environment for a resident to work at the Ranch.
Pros
Vacation time, and benefits
Fun if you like kids
Therapeutic Program Worker (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 27, 2018
A fun rewarding job if you like working with kids. It dosent pay enough but it is worth the loss of money to share some of the life experiences of the kids. The staff are nice, and got lots of fun things that the kids and staff get to do. Some of those are a small animal barn, a horse barn, and lots of wooded property.
Pros
fun, setting, funding from community
Cons
restraints, mandated shifts due to call offs
Fun place
Youth Leader (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OH 43123August 5, 2018
The ranch is a good place to work fresh out of college. The experience you will get working in social field will help out a lot depending on which route you may want to go. I would recommend it to any one.
Great Mission but poor direction
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHJune 29, 2018
Great Mission but poor leadership. Very little professional development and consistency with programs across the board. Focus is on billing and not on client and staff satisfaction.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management
Extremely stressful
Child Protective Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2018
There is no work life balance with this position as you are constantly working or thinking about work. Upper management is very unsupportive and it is more of a relationship game than a performance game.
Relaxed workplace with limited social interaction between coworkers.
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2018
The hardest part of the job was the limited amount of interaction with coworkers. I could sometimes go weeks without seeing any coworkers other than my supervisor.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Having to work around clients time and limited interaction with coworkers
Unprofessional
Supervised Visitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 14, 2018
Management could use some training in several areas ! Don’t get on a managers or leads bad side! Very unprofessional attitude( common ground ) rosemont location. Power struggle amongst the people in charge.
Pros
Pay is good for a part time job
Cons
Lack of diversity, professionalism, training.
Poor management/leadership
Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJanuary 5, 2018
I worked at the Ranch for many months as a youth leader. Was often left alone with a group of kids, even though this is not the policy. Complained about management to HR and expressed my concerns and was turned away. I would not have left if I hadn’t been put in a dangerous situation by my direct supervisor.
In-home Counseling
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 24, 2017
The Ranch requires their clinicians to carry large caseloads compared with other agencies in the Columbus area. Supervision is patchy, depending on whom you have as a supervisor. The work is very stressful and, on the whole, I believe the clinicians are underpaid for the work they do.
Pros
Successes with clients
Cons
Emotionally taxing job for not much money
stressful
Youth leader (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHDecember 21, 2017
Working at the Buckeye Ranch can be stressful at times dealing with the residents. It has been several years since I have worked there but I have heard good things.
Could be better.
Buckeye Ranch Employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2017
The Buckeye Ranch is a nice place to work. I've learned about many level of care for mental health services, child welfare, foster care and residential.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Advancement
student nurse
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 10, 2017
Working with children with behavior disabilities.
Observed behavior modification and rehabilitation, in children ten to eighteen years of age at the Buckeye Ranch.
Youth Leader
Trainer/Youth Leader (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 29, 2017
Working at the Buckeye Ranch was a wonderful experience. They foster the growth of the youth they serve. The environment and people at very caring. The concern of the agency is the reinstatement of positive family dynamics.
Outreach great
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 14, 2017
The Buckeye Ranch has a great outreach team and marketing materials. Our customers are internal and external. With our internal customer we are responsible keeping brochures update, website updated,information correct and answering any questions. External customer we are marketing the services the Buckeye ranch has to offer to communities, school, judges and other conference vendors.
Pros
schdedule
Cons
schedule
Fun atmospehre
3rd Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 10, 2017
Co workers are great to work with. Working with adolescent children can be very challenging. Management has your back and stick up for you in time of need.
Pros
great staff
Cons
pay
Camp Counselor
Youth Leader (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 2, 2017
So being a camp counselor had its challenges with some of these kids but a typical day for me is checking beds and making sure the kids were in there room. I worked third shift but like I said it had its challenges but if you can get a kid to understand and how they respond. It made the job worth it because you were impacting that kids life.
Pros
outings, and free food.
Cons
Third shift
Great supervisors, work felt like family.
Residential Clinician (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMay 26, 2017
Working for TBR was an awesome experience where supervisors and co-workers felt like family and you knew you would always be supported. It was a challenge to leave this position, as the culture of work was wonderful, however the pay was not competitive.
Intern for foster care
Foster Care Case Manager Internship (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 16, 2017
Good organization to work for. Very grateful for the experience. They allowed me to take on my own clients. They were short staffed so there were times when it was chaotic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Buckeye Ranch. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight