The Buckle, Inc Employee Reviews

The culture is very cut throat
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 16, 2018
You have to be comfortable with incentive based pay structure to survive in this company. It also oddly caters to a specific all American culture that sometimes feels....uninclusive and lacking diversity.
Great Work Place
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 7, 2018
I have learned to work at such a fast paced environment, working along with other teammates and as well leaders have molded me and shaped me into the leader and individual that I am today.
Pros
Discount, Leadership
Team work attitude
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 26, 2018
Low stress job that really enables team work and incorporated the company culture.
Management is very kind and willing to work with their staff. However the pay is a huge hurdle to get over.
Pros
Discounts on clothing
Cons
Low pay
Competitive but not stressful workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVAugust 25, 2018
I had a lot of fun with the people I worked with in my store, it was just difficult to build a customer base in the small town where I worked. All of the managers in the store really have each associates best interest in mind and they always made me feel comfortable to ask them any questions and push myself beyond my limitations. The hardest part of the job in my specific location is that the customers were very loyal to their associates so when they would come in, it was hard to help them shop because they had a certain person in mind and as a new associate, my hourly sales suffered. Not for lack of trying though! The area I was from was a poorer area so they didn't shop in the store much.
College Job
Leave of Absence Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NE 68845July 26, 2018
I started while I was still in school and then intended to stay after graduation. I later found out there was a lack in advancement and I found a better opportunity in the same field.
Productive and Fun Place to work
Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 12, 2018
Buckle is a great place to work out for people who love the retail world. It a great company to work for where you will be able to learn very much about developing retail experience.
Pros
Great atmosphere to work at
Cons
Schedule varies every week
It was a fast pace, exciting work environment.
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJuly 7, 2018
I would only work in the back. Would get all inventory ready for the front of the store. Only worked part time 5-8 hours a day. Loved it. I just needed a better paying position.
Pros
Not enough hours
Cons
Needed more pay.
Horrible
Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 19, 2018
Management is a joke. They don’t care about their employees at all. It’s hard to move up in the store because they only promote whom they personally like
Great people great place
Free coordinator (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAMay 22, 2018
Very cool place to work everybody’s nice and friendly. You learn a lot and have places to grow at buckle. A very quite but upbeat place with very interesting people around you. Spectacular job
Fun Working Environment with poor social life.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 11, 2018
When you are actually working in store it is a fun and competitive work life, but when working here management does not seem to care about any type of outside life or personal understanding of what goes on in their employees life outside of work.
Great experience
RETAIL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 18, 2018
The Buckle was a great job for me! I started working there in high school and continued working through college and entered their management program. I relocated and opened my own store, but ultimately left the company to relocate to a state where they do not have any stores.
Productive fast-pace work environment
Floor Leader (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARFebruary 17, 2018
During my career at Buckle, I worked my way up to a floor leader/ key holder by showing strong leadership skills and excelled at my previous sales position. On a daily basis I would interact with customers and try to meet their needs. The best part of the job would be interacting with new people everyday. As a floor leader I learned to delegate tasks and handle daily operational duties.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Competitive work
Fast-pace, friendly work environment.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 23, 2018
Absolutely love working here. The culture this company promotes isn't like anything else. You are constantly learning how to be a better people person and salesman.
Fun supportive place to work
Leader (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIDecember 20, 2017
Best manager. Easy work . Advancement opportunities. Travel opportunities. Fun. Rewarding. Consistently learning and growing. Management was understanding compassionate amd patient
Cons
hours
Competitive atmosphere geared towards sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 28, 2017
Each day there were tasks to do in store that you would work on in between customers. I learned time management and leadership. The store was always changing, so you had to stay on your toes. The hardest part of the job was keeping track of all your sales goals. The most enjoyable part was creating outfits as presentations to customers.
Excellent Company to work for
Construction Assistant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NENovember 21, 2017
Exceptional Upper Management.
Allow you to excel in your position with little supervision.
Allowed to wear jeans to work.
No day was ever the same and you would learn something new daily.
Pros
Team Atmosphere
Fun environment just not for everyone!
Personal Stylist/Sales Associate. Floor leader (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MONovember 9, 2017
I loved my job! The people were awesome and I mean both guests and co workers! I loved being in control of my paycheck but management could use some TLC!
High Expectations in a Solid Environment
Sales Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at the Buckle for the most part. They challenge you to be the best manager you can be. Sometimes I felt a little micromanaged but they almost always remained positive. The hours are terrible because its retail. Overall I enjoyed the people working there.
Pros
Great people in a friendly environment
Cons
Bad hours
very productive , great coworkers , a positive enviroment and great training
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 7, 2017
I started as a seasonal gift wrapper and they chose to keep me on the team and trained me to be a sales employer and I also would be a cashier . I would stock the shelves and I would clean the store . When you open or close the store that was the hardest part because sometimes you are alone and it very slow in the mornings . Overall it was a very positive place to work and my co workers where great and very helpful .
Pros
discount on merchandise, love the merchandise
Cons
there was not really any cons for this job i loved it there
Fun place to work
Sales lead and trainer (Former Employee) –  Dundee, ILOctober 3, 2017
loved trying on the new trends of clothes. meeting and making relationships with customers.Fun place to work. I gave each and every customer a pleasant shopping experience
Pros
good discount
Cons
very limited hours given