The Buffalo Group Employee Reviews

Na
Contractor - United States Army (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 14, 2019
Strong place to work. Provides opportunities for growth, wide range of IT and Intel jobs in regions across the DMV. Competitive salaries and pretty good benefits.
New to the contract world, shakey but good experience
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 26, 2019
Overhired a lot of people and didn't get as much work as expected so massive layoffs. I got a lot of experience in languages and new technologies. The hardest part was not knowing when you might be let go next and keeping up the morale.
Pros
Good experience learning new tech and having design input.
Cons
No feeling of job security
The company PM was a very nice and professional guy
Language instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 6, 2019
I do not remember the PM name, but it was a very enjoyable experience to work for Buffalo group. The easy hiring process made a big difference. I will recommend and would love to work for them again.
Pros
Great PM
Cons
No job security
Lay-offs Everywhere
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 5, 2019
When I started there were 300 until we didn’t get the work and they changed from uncleared to TS/SCI Poly. Us poor smucks thinking we were signing up for 5 year career and would get our clearance are on the chopping block. Now we’re down to less than 150 employees and expect a big layoff on 3/15. We won the option year but we’re hearing the scope of work has been greatly reduced.
Benefits
Cons
No job security
Company is going thru growing pains
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 31, 2019
Company is ok but is experiencing growing pains. Since April 2018 they have had 4 mass layoffs of between 25-40 people each time. Others employees are leaving as they see the hand writing on the wall.
Unfortunate circumstances
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAJanuary 16, 2019
The company took on more then they could handle and it back fired on them. Every day that I went in, I was scared that I was going to get laid off. I did enjoy the group that I worked with though.
The Buffalo Group
Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 9, 2019
This was my first job after active duty military. They were great to me by helping me transition from active duty. I was promoted yearly and offered training to increase my knowledge.
Great!
DCTC Counter Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2019
Company takes care of their employees and allows for flexibility in the schedule. Great skills learned for the contracting world in the DoD. Open door policy.
Productive Place to Work
Business/Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Reston, VADecember 26, 2018
Productive Place to Work, Learn and Grow. Worked with a team of Business Analysts and Developers in an AGILE environment to review Functional Requirement Documents, identify user requirements, analyze business needs, decompose requirements and create User stories, Technical stories and Acceptance criteria for Developers to work on customer requirements.
Determined AGILE Scrum Sprints and worked with the team to satisfy customer requirements.
Okay to work for
All Source Analyst supporting DIA (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCDecember 9, 2018
This Company has a high turnover of personnel.

The company doesn't offer good benefits to their employees. The pay is inferior when compared to other companies in the same field and the same local area. This company doesn't communicate well with the employees. For the most part people are not satisfied working there.
Pros
Relaxing atmosphere
Cons
No yearly raises, no bonuses, limited vacation time.
Enjoyable experience
Sr Intelligence Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 30, 2018
In my time with The Buffalo Group I experienced a very professional work environment, staff and individuals.I thoroughly enjoyed the NICC in Arlington and the Situational Awareness work done there.
A headache at times
Software Engineer Project Manager Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAOctober 20, 2018
Startup culture with pushback and always behind schedule. Be prepared to work and try to standout or be a self starter. If you want an easy entry level job that teaches you as you go...this isn't the place for you even if you get in.
Pros
Great entry level job
Cons
Startup culture with pushback and always behind schedule
Review
Enterprise Application Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 14, 2018
Awesome technologies and customer. Innovative and working on the latest technologies in the industry. Most people are strong team players and have the greatest industry knowledge
Relaxed and Collaborative environment
DIA Contractor (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 28, 2018
I have had a great time working for the Buffalo group. Typical day is check in, quick meeting, read through emails, and begin research and development.
Pros
Flex time, paid time off
Good place to start
Identity Intelligence (I2) Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 23, 2018
If you're trying to get your foot in the door in this line of work, it's as good a place as any to start. Decent compensation, decent benefits. Can't say that it's the best for a long-term career, but contractors don't often stick to one thing for long, anyway.
Excellent place to work.
Director, Intelligence Services (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 7, 2018
The owners gave me an opportunity as I was transitioning out of the military to excel. They set me up for success and coached me while I learned new skills which set me up for future opportunities.

I was also able to learn what a successful organization looked like. Their recruiting team is second-to-none, and I gained a lot of highly valuable experience as a result of working there for 5 years!
Incredible Company with Amazing Culture and Opportunity
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 20, 2018
This company is one that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a career in the fields of Intelligence or Information Technology. Corporate takes care of everyone. No issue is to small to be addressed. There is a very professional and personal atmosphere between everyone. This company truly cares about its employees and customers.
Pros
Great Pay and benefits
good co. to work for
Substitute Spanish Language Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCDecember 31, 2017
Excellent company. Learned a lot about the career I wanted to take and how wonderful the students were.Very helpful administration and the teachers..
Pros
Good company
Cons
lack of jod security
Inventory
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2017
Daily assignment
process for closure
management -great
workplace - safety was a very big issue
hardest part -none
enjoyable - crew I worked with . great team work
Pros
organized process and a team effort
Cons
assignment ended
Role Player
Role Player (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 22, 2017
A short contract for linguists--laid back and unique work environment supporting the Department of Defense. The job was fun, would definitely do it again!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Buffalo Group. Our community is ready to answer.