The Cambridge Network Employee Reviews

The poisoned apple that is known as Cambridge Network
Associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 31, 2018
What can one say about Cambridge? Great pay, great benefits, great hours, and a great onsite school environment. In other words, all the makings that make Cambridge seem like a beautiful, crisp, red apple but with one major flaw: Poisonous on the inside.

If people decide to work with this so-called “company”, they must realize that it is an us against them environment. In other words, administrators vs. employees e.g. teachers, instructors, student managers, etc. Employees will never receive support nor any kind of fair treatment from HR or any other administrators and because of this cliquey type of environment many either leave or get laid off within a few months of being hired. Additionally, administrators lack real world experience and as a result rate and review their subordinates in a distorted, unrealistic manner.

While I have worked for a few companies in the past, I have never encountered such a toxic and malicious environment that Cambridge so proudly fosters and maintains.

If you are considering employment with Cambridge, weigh your options very carefully because more than likely you will dearly regret taking a bite out of this severely poisoned apple.
Pros
Great pay/benefits
Cons
Inept administrators, toxic environment, and mostly everything else.
Set a firm date to leave and learn as much as possible before then
GLOBAL PROGRAMS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orange, CANovember 28, 2018
I made the mistake of staying and turning down other opportunities. Come, learn and keep it moving. It is seriously not at all worth staying here long.
great job
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 27, 2018
Cool company, flexible, great seeing the students grow and good support team. I learned a lot from mediating to reporting to learning about a culture.
Great environment to work in fun and challenging
Dormitory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 14, 2017
Typical work days are enjoyable and challenging. I learned much about caring for and helping international ESL students as well as facility upkeep and management. Upper management will sometimes make unwise decisions that can make work difficult. The hardest part of the job is dealing with teenagers but it can also be one of the best parts
Difficult Company
N/A (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 6, 2017
The company is still rather new. I wouldn't suggest working there if you're looking for stability or advancement. If you need some experience, and you would like to take a risk, then go for it.
Mainly work from home
Support Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 1, 2017
A typical work day is answering e-mails, completing online trainings, attending Skype meeting and meeting with students. I am also on call 24/7 in case students or host families need me.
Pros
Work from home (most of the time)
Cons
On call 24/7, lack of support from management, weak trainings